Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Here's my proof-of-concept for a dinky little drink suggestion app that I've been working on.

The only cocktails in the database so far are Gin and Tonic and Screwdriver. I'm very much a front-end developer, and this was my first time working with Python, Flask, and Docker, so I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out. The API supports a lot more things like users, user preferences, and all the CRUD operators for ingredients and cocktails, so I still need to flesh out the front-end to consume all of it

I need to get my hands on a cocktail recipe book

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Grump posted:

Here's my proof-of-concept for a dinky little drink suggestion app that I've been working on live

The only cocktails in the database so far are Gin and Tonic and Screwdriver. I'm very much a front-end developer, and this was my first time working with Python, Flask, and Docker, so I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out. The API supports a lot more things like users, user preferences, and all the CRUD operators for ingredients and cocktails, so I still need to flesh out the front-end to consume all of it

I need to get my hands on a cocktail recipe book

The detail screen is fleshed out, you can search by cocktail name, login, contact form, and forms to create new ingredients and cocktails. Go try it!

(I still have to go through the grueling process of adding all the cocktails)

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 3, 2019

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

Loezi posted:

Does it recognize that if I have "an orange", I can use it to make juice, peels, slices etc?

Lol nope and it’s because i’m not good at database design or backend development in general

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

as an attempt to never have to do a live coding interview ever again, I wanted to do a personal project that will allow me to say "no i will not do your algorithm interview but i have something that can prove i can do the job. hire me if you want or not"

So i'm halfway done it. Made an entire forums software backend using SA as the reference with some additional features like notifications/mentions, etc. Currently building out the front-end in https://remix.run/

teen phone cutie fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 9, 2023

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

leper khan posted:

I don't think this will do the thing you want.

well the point is that i don't want jobs that don't accept a full-stack personal project as a proof of my skill, so it actually works out :shrug: