Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

If you developed this application at work you should be careful. Many employers make new hires sign a work for hire clause as a precondition to starting the job. Especially in the US and IT related positions.

They may not care, but it's something to keep in mind. If it were me, I wouldn't open source it unless I had a signed document from my company's legal department saying it was OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

bgreman posted:

Someone probably already did this...

Well, kind of. If you click on the number of replies to a thread you get a list of who has posted the most in descending order, but you don't get the stats about first post/most recent post date.

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

I assume the :( here is that line numbers were copied from the example, even though there aren't any visible on the web page. If you're smart enough to run Ubuntu Ryan then you should be smart enough to remove those line numbers automatically in a few seconds effort.

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

Cole posted:

No the :( is because of how advanced some people are in this thread compared to me being such a newbie and literally starting from scratch right now. I'm enjoying it so far though!

Apologies for the flippant attitude earlier. Yeah, don't worry about comparing yourself to others, especially when starting out. If you put in the time and effort you'll get there.

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

Chunjee posted:

That is awesome. Out of curiosity did anyone manage to win? I haven't played any full games because it goes south very quickly.

I just won a game. I made some blatantly obvious errors and so did spawkfish. I wouldn't consider myself a very strong player, probably 1500-1600 elo range.