Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sterra
Jul 7, 2002

by Peatpot
A screenshot is somewhat redundant because it is a website but http://www.functionalforums.com/TreeForum/index/Pollin/Polling?formname=gas

Basically you can add the html inputs to a form and they will appear on a map when people vote. So you can see gas prices by location or who people voted for by location, etc. It isn't quite done yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterra
Jul 7, 2002

by Peatpot

http://spamstopper55.appspot.com/

I built a spam filtering tool mostly with the app engine. (It can't deal with email so that is separate.)

The basic idea is that with this you sign up with a name and the email address you want the email to go to (because it goes through the app engine I just automatically fill in the gmail address, but you can use others).

Then you add ranges of numbers which become email addresses

So for example with a name of testing and adding 5 and 10 for the range

you get

testing-5@functionalforums.com:
testing-6@functionalforums.com:
testing-7@functionalforums.com:
testing-8@functionalforums.com:
testing-9@functionalforums.com:
testing-10@functionalforums.com:
testing-11@functionalforums.com:

(the domain name is simply one I happened to have)

And then you can recieve on those email addresses. If you start getting spam for one of those addresses you can then delete that email address and it goes away

Sterra
Jul 7, 2002

by Peatpot

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

Did you ever get around to making that blog system of yours look like a normal website?
Actually yeah (mostly). Though it still has some issues with the robustness of the data storage that I haven't gotten around to fixing for various reasons (I basically need to break it up more so the failures aren't so critical and are easier to fix. I've done part, but not all of that).

If anyone wants the code for that I wouldn't mind making it open source. It does some pretty cool things with the architecture.

Sterra
Jul 7, 2002

by Peatpot

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

I only asked because the thread dropped and your hosting seems to be empty. I was hoping you'd fixed rather than ditching the whole idea at possibly the easiest bit to do.
Eh, I have no problem fixing it to be more reliable if you are interested in using it. I ditched it mainly because no one was interested in it and my hands started hurting from my own posts.

Sterra
Jul 7, 2002

by Peatpot
http://sites.google.com/a/terracaines.com/terra/Home/zclack.jar

A small java application designed because my hand tends to hurt after clicking the mouse for a while.