Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonnii
Dec 29, 2002
god dances in the face of the jews

Lumpy posted:

please please please align the left edge of the logo with the left edges of the input fields. It may not seem like a big deal, but it will drive a certain percentage of your users bat-poo poo insane if it's centered and nothing else is.

http://www.dailyblogtips.com/crapthe-four-principles-of-sound-design/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonnii
Dec 29, 2002
Me and a guy from my job have been working on a game for the iPhone called vConqr (previous Virtual Conquest). I've been working on the new website (https://www.vconqr.com) and some of the new game features, specifically downloadable maps and online play.

It has been really interesting working with the iPhone. I come from a C# background and it has taken a while, but I've really grown to like obj-c with all it's [[[]]] goodness.

We just submitted a new version to the app store which fixes a lot of complaints with the previous version, it's great to be able to make something which people play, instead of mindless bank software...

jonnii
Dec 29, 2002

SkankerX posted:

Who did the art? How'd they do it? It looks really nice.

The map is just an image, which was created by my partner's wife who is a graphic designer, the effects are all done dynamically.

jonnii
Dec 29, 2002

ATLbeer posted:

Just bought... Looks sweet

Thanks for buying! The version you just bought is the old version, we just submitted the new version to the app store yesterday, so it should be live in a few days. It's much much improved...!

quote:

So, I presume that you can just touch a country to select it? How did you do boundary checking? Was it just ad-hoc (Ural is in this polygon, Western United States is in this polygon, etc.), or was it some kind of procedural method (graphically detect where borders are, create a polygon that represents that border).

You just touch to select and attack. We have a list of polygons that represent the hit zones and we do a bounds check to see which territory you selected.

EDIT: The new version has just gone live into the app store!

jonnii fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 18, 2008

jonnii
Dec 29, 2002

wlievens posted:

terrain generator.

You don't have PMs enabled, can you send me an email? I have a few questions for you! me [at] jonnii [dot] com.