Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Zaasakokwaan posted:

Tough crowd :)

How about if you add a [X] to the window too because you've got a 'quit' anyway.

Make the logo as wide as the dialog box, remove the dashed border.

Remove the blue colour :geno:

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
I spent the weekend redoing my website's homepage. Lots of javascript stuff and you'll need a good machine to run it.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

clockwork automaton posted:

why?

Because i'm an idiot.

Good point, I'll fix that in a few hours.

edit fixed!

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 17, 2009

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Avenging Dentist posted:

It's a continually shrinking wall of dirt, for some reason.
What browser are you using? It works for me in FF/Safari/Chrome.

The clouds slowing to a halt every few seconds is intentional, but the shrinking wall of dirt isn't.

Avenging Dentist posted:

EDIT: Oh my god you use Whitesmith braces what in the name of all that is good and pure is wrong with you
Worse than that, it's a mixture of whitesmith and almost-KNF style due to cut n' pasting :(

Edit: Fixed the bracing, I think. /*~ Javascript Tutorials ~*/

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 17, 2009

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Avenging Dentist posted:

FF 3.5.2 (it works now, incidentally, but this may be because the time is different).
I think I spotted a bug in the code for certain times and that's fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out :)

Supervillin posted:

When it's paused, the sun/moon stops but the clouds don't. Not sure if that's intentional, but it's not intuitive.

clockwork automaton posted:

The clouds slowing to a halt looks kind of odd.

The clouds are now tied into the position of the drag bar, but it doesn't yet accelerate and decelerate as it probably should.

Supervillin posted:

Also any plans to have that page like... do more stuff? Or is it just basically a portal page for the links in the corner?
I'll keep adding to it, yeah. There's this other site I did with lots of tricks (Eg. click on the top-right widget to add shootable tagclouds) which I've kept adding to over the years and I suppose I'll do the same with this one.

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 18, 2009

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in coding horrors. A client had already signed off on a print design and they wanted it on the web within a week (including testing, etc.). This design involved horizontally scrolling by clicking on arrows within a non-rectangular shape...

...a photo of two hands and they wanted drop-shadows from the hands on the text below that was scrolling. Also the text might have hyperlinks, and they might want to select the text too. Obviously a PNG overlay would look right but you couldn't interact with the text below so I chopped up the PNG (using CSS sprites) into about 30 parts. It's the most horrible thing I've ever done :(

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 26, 2010

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
Been working on this XML editor (github) that works in the browser.

The techy approach is to to use a single contenteditable=true, but then to use a lot of CSS pseudo-elements within that for the inline interface (because pseudo elements can't be touched by the user). That markup is then mapped to XML and validated in another thread in the browser (with emscripten compiled XmlLint to JavaScript, running in a web worker thread so it doesn't interupt the UI thread).

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

excidium posted:

Have you tested this with any camel case element or attribute values? I have run into issues with the browser automatically setting these to lowercase in the past and breaking some things.
Yeah I guessed that something like that would happen so I don't use the element's .nodeName or actual attributes to generate the XML. The XML is a generated from two attribute values (data-element="nodeName", and data-attribute="{key:value,key2:value}") so it retains the exact casing. So there's basically a dual structure of XML that's separate from the HTML markup and they don't mix.

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 27, 2013

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
More progress on my xml editor

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Dren posted:

Can it deal with schemas that include other schemas?

Not currently but I think I have a way around that.

The schema validation code is in C (XMLLint) compiled to JavaScript using emscripten, so the schema resolver is in an almost impenetrable mess of minified JavaScript that I'd prefer not to touch. So I can either do the simple thing and resolve included schemas beforehand (being careful to avoid a billion laughs attack), or try to make the schema resolver use XHR. So yeah I think I can get includes working but it might take a few weeks.

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
Finally finished adding multi document support to this xml editor i've been making, and it saves documents in the browser when leaving a webpage