Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

Sir Davey posted:

sweet lookin waveform view

If you're wondering, I'm using OpenGL / GLUT for the rendering.

Hey I'm late on this train but could you share the technique you are using to draw the waveform,preferably some of the code or some other similar stuff. I'm working on a two track editor, but I'm frankly quite terrible with graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

firehawk posted:

This is Komposter, a small modular "virtual analog" synth and sequencer I've been working on. It's mainly geared towards generating music from really tiny executables like 4K and 64K demoscene intros but can just as well be used for generating analog-like sounds. The previous version was downright user-hostile, so I made this to enable actual musicians to compose tunes for our intros.

cool stuff! I'm working in a similar vein, except I'm doing chiptuny sounds and all my synthesis is done in hardware either with old sound chips, or Microcontrollers I have programmed to make sound.