Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImJasonH
Apr 2, 2004

RAMALAMADINGDONG!

As if it wasn't clear enough from the screenshot (:rolleyes: ), I'm working on a site where Warhammer 40k/Fantasy players can create and share army lists, comment on and rate them, print them out, etc. Basically, an ultra-simple Army Builder, online. Also my first in-depth experience with Python or Django, so far it's :cool:

The file open in the screenshot is an XML file defining all the units and options for one army (Chaos Space Marines). I spent all day working out five of these, and there's about 20 more to go :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImJasonH
Apr 2, 2004

RAMALAMADINGDONG!
A couple days a go I hacked up an App Engine app using the XMPP service to randomly connect you with another anonymous user using the app.

Basically a "me too!" chatroulette but not even as good. But 115 lines isn't too bad...

Type "/join" to get started, type "/next" to find someone else and block your current partner forever, type "/leave" to stop playing.

I wrote it up, felt great about it, then realized I was the only person who'd ever use it :(

http://chatwithstrangers.appspot.com (or IM chatwithstrangers@appspot.com using a Jabber account)

http://gist.github.com/344873

ImJasonH
Apr 2, 2004

RAMALAMADINGDONG!
During an 8-hour bus ride to get home for Christmas last December I wrote an App Engine app in Java to simulate playing a game of war. Well, since one game doesn't take very long, I had it simulate 100 of them.

Last week, I randomly decided to rewrite it in Python, with tracking of lifetime stats using a sharded counter.

And so I present to you: 100 Games of War

Funny thing is, depite the fact that the game should be even, Player 2 has managed to take a bit of a lead, about 1000 games out of the ~100k they've played so far.