Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Null Pointer
May 20, 2004

Oh no!
I've been working on a level editor for about a week.

Right now I only have sectors, extrusion and sector subdivision implemented, but later on it's going to support positive-space volumes, patches and path lofting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null Pointer
May 20, 2004

Oh no!

slovach posted:

Is there a specific game it's targeting?

The target is my engine. No specific game, but I have a couple of ideas.

Null Pointer
May 20, 2004

Oh no!

OneEightHundred posted:

Why bother with manual sector division anyway? Just support positive and negative volumes and you should be able to generate sectors by just generating a BSP tree from them.

Division/cleaving/clipping is how you make sectors and brushes that are not hexahedrons.

Null Pointer
May 20, 2004

Oh no!

Internet Janitor posted:

This is what I was thinking. It seems like it would be a really good idea to specify in the infographic that it is a self-selected sample of 808.

This would be good.

I also dug around the citation. I found a 3.7% for the general population, sure. They produced this figure by taking the 'average' (i.e. arithmetic mean) of the proportions from five different studies. Their number answers the question "How many people are gay?" as coherently as a ten minute stream of barking sounds.

You really should find another source, and that source should include a confidence interval.

Null Pointer
May 20, 2004

Oh no!
I've been writing an engine replacement for Dark Forces 2.

Video showing some scripts running: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5T7nrU5210

Still pretty early so there isn't too much to talk about other than scathing criticism of 1997's finest computer software design. No idea if I'll ever finish it, but it's been keeping me busy between interviews.