Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Oh Jesus, by far the hardest part of map-related stuff with d3.js is setting up the projection properly.

For a globe, the built in orthographic projection is sufficient (although I did use a modified rotation calculation, developed by Jason Davies, because it looks a bit better in motion). For the USA, I assume the built in Albers USA projection would work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

A donate button probably would've been more profitable.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Literally Elvis posted:

Almost certainly, but lessons learned. I had zero clue or notion that the site would be at all popular, and when it did become popular, it crashed. I thought putting a donate button or ads during the first two or three days it was up would be a dick move, or seem like a blatant request to friends and family that I shared the site with.

I used to think that too, but it turns out people who don't want to give you money will ignore it, and people that do will use it, and it's not that big of a deal.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I'm extremely distracted by your apparently default VS editor color scheme. Check out http://studiostyl.es/ if you don't know it.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

clockwork automaton posted:

I got bored last night and wrote some short code to glitch jpgs (code)

sometimes programs get confused about the palette, which is amusing

Do intentional glitches count for Post your Glitches? If not, you've got an unintentional glitch among your intentional glitch... (anything to keep that thread alive).

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

I made a higher quality GIF replacement. I'm looking for cool source material to encode.

This is extremely clever. I want to know more about your encoder.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Interesting. Why can only pick New York, Silicon Valley, or Other as a US city?

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Worked on a little web based game where you have to guess the english phrase from the awkward backtranslated phrase

and it mostly works on mobile too which is pretty surprising

It's up here: http://lindseyb.github.io/phrases-machine/ if you want to play.

Neat. How is the prompt text generated? It's weird that it can contain a solution word:

(Also the button sizing is busted in IE11)

Also I seem to be able to type too fast for it some times and it'll skip letters.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

VHS shader on reversing time

Needs a flashing |<< in the upper left. And like a "reversing vhs audio" kind of sound.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Or maybe I should finish my C# NES emulator! I have a working CPU core and I can render one frame of background at approx 0.01 FPS before everything explodes.

Is this project open source? I'm curious for curiousity's sake.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Sure if you want a bunch of PPU code that doesn't work! I wrote the 6502 core for an Apple I emulator that I wrote that does work but I never finished adapting it for NES emulation.

https://github.com/Luigi30/nessarabia

This is a 404. Is the repo private or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Munkeymon posted:

Also, do people actually prefer Lucida Console or have these Mac/Linux users just not heard The Good Word of the Prophet Consolas?

There's also a few Consolas hacks that include powerline characters. It's great.