Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

edit: Changed my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I have a couple of things I want to get rid of, sorry for the low quality pictures the camera on my phone sucks.

First is an EHX Metal Muff.

Its in perfect condition, never been gigged, been used a handful of times. Its an excellent pedal for metal of all types, only reason I didnt use it much is I got a toneport pretty soon after which replaced all my gear.

Second up is a Danelectro Milkshake Chorus.

This one is a bit more used than the MM, its been gigged a couple of times and the logo on the front is worn off, but other than that it works perfectly. Really nice chorus on it too, goes from very light to full and rich.

Last pedal is this, an Arion Metal Master.

Although this is called Metal Master honestly it sounds more like a fuzz pedal. Its pretty nice for fuzzy distortion but unfortunatly not very good for metal type tones. Been used quite a bit but still in near perfect condition.

Last item is this Behringer xenyx 502.

Its a nice little board and has a mic preamp on channel one. Would probably get use in a small laptop/hardware synth setup where you only need a couple of channels.

The stuff I want is, in order ( :v: ), a pod xt, some kind of midi foot controller with an expression pedal that works with a pod xt or cash. Obviously for the pod or foot controller I would throw some money over as well as some/all of the items.

I live in the UK so please take shipping costs into consideration if you want any of this.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I have a toneport kb37 that I'm pretty sure I want to sell/trade. Its in perfect condition bar one of the black keys which is slightly stiff, but works fine. I'd prefer money for it but I might trade if the right thing was offered. Also I have the box for it but its not in very good shape.

This is in the uk.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Agreed posted:

Anything in particular you're interested in? I might want to take the MG100DFX off your hands, I've heard some positive words from a fellow SS Marshall fan that they can sound awesome with the right speakers and some time spent tweaking. Plus I need a practice amp.

No offense to admiral crunch, but that amp, and MGs in general, is terrible and I can't imagine how much of it you would have to change and tweak to get a decent sound out of it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Agreed posted:

That's been my experience in the past, but a person I respect has recently told me that the higher-power MGs suffer primarily from a poor speaker and, when their crappy speaker is replaced, show their heritage from the older Marshall SS amps (specifically from the 8200-era Valvestates). I won't be giving anything for it that I can't live without. I am a fan of SS amplification technology, as you might remember from previous discussions, and Marshall has made some good stuff in the past. I have a feeling that there are good high-gain tones in this amplifier that need coaxing and attention to get out, and I've got the tools and the know-how to work with it and see what I can do.

Plus, it's going to be a beater that I can lug around in the back of my car, something I am sorely lacking right now given that I have, right now, a Randall RG120PH (late 1970s Randall SS 1x15 closed back combo in nearly mint condition), a THD Univalve, and a Peavey Windsor. The Randall will not be put in danger; the THD is an incredible amp but it is for recording and jamming at the house only; the Windsor is hooked up to an oversized Trace Elliot 4x12 and between the two of them, trying to move that setup... I'm pretty sure my 4 lumbar herniated discs would just go ahead and explode through my spine completely.

I need an amp that I can move without fear of becoming bedridden, that is durable and generally trouble-free, and that sounds good enough for me to be inspired. I trust my tools, my ear, and my tone sensibilities to ensure the third condition, and the first and second are just characteristics of the amp (though I'll have to put casters on).

It's not finalized, we're still in talks, but I'm not necessarily turned off of the purchase by its bad reputation. I quite like some gear that I've heard other people talk endless poo poo about (and sometimes, the same people like it too before I tell them it was used in the clip).

He'll be giving me some clips tomorrow, which will help me think about it further.

I do appreciate you looking out for me, though. I'll keep your advice in mind.

That makes more sense then. Once you have changed the speaker and done any other tweaks to it, can you post clips and also a parts list or similar? My college has a couple of these amps in both the 100w and 50w flavour, and if they could be made drastically better from a speaker change then it would be awesome to know.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rashomon posted:

Is anyone interested in this?

(Ibanez JEM 555)

The only thing I am really looking for right now is a POD X3, but I am willing to entertain any offers. I don't play this at all and it's a sweet guitar; I'd love for it to have a loving home.

I can give you my soul would that do?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Probably a bit of a long shot but I'm kind of half looking for an Ibanez RG7621 or Schecter Diamond C-7 in white to trade for my RG1527. I'd probably need cash on top of the guitar (like £50 or something) depending on condition/mods. The RG1527 currently has no pickups installed and the bridge isn't setup. I can either ship it with the stock pickups, a new set of strings and a new set of trem springs, or reinstall the stock pups and set up the bridge with the old strings. I'd give consideration to any fixed bridge 7.

Stux fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 30, 2008

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shoncook posted:

Okay, my Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash was stolen last night after our show. So if anybody wants to trade me one of those for that Universe I posted, that would be just loving swell.

Just ring your insurance company and buy a new one?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Anyone in the UK interested in an Engl Powerball head with Z-5 footswitch? Its basically as new although I don't have the manual. Never been gigged, stock tubes but hardly used and when it has been it hasn't been pushed very hard.

Looking for about £850 ono. I'm in Somerset and I'd really prefer a collection and cash in hand if possible, I probably won't ship except in extreme circumstances, and I won't ship outside the UK at all, sorry. If you collect it you can try it out at the same time through an Orange 212 although you'll need to bring a guitar. I'm not against taking it somewhere but we'll need to discuss it and I can't go that far out. I have plat so PM me if you're interested.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Anyone interested in an Edirol PCR-800? Its a 61 key midi keyboard with 9 knobs, 9 faders, 18 pads, a cross fader and some other buttons. Its very nice but its big and I just don't use it as much as I thought I would so I need to get some cash for something I will use. I might be interested in trades for a dedicated midi controller, if you have a bitstream 3x I'd definitly be interested and would throw some cash in as well. This is in the UK.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I've got a Motu 828mkII USB for sale or trade. Hardly been used, I'm selling it because my MBP only has two usb slots and the motu is a bit big. I'd be interested in trades for a small firewire box (Presonus Firebox + some cash would be ideal) or £300 for a straight sale.

Only thing I've ever had with it is the SPDIF made random crackles. Nothing was ever plugged into the SPDIF so I just turned them off on the onboard mixer, had no problems after that v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

So.... I lost my job yesterday. I now have the following for sale. I prefer pickup in Philadelphia but can ship as long as the person is willing to pay for shipping.

I have the following for sale:
1. Engl E530 4-channel guitar preamp + 4-switch footswitch for it. $425
2. Rocktron Hush Super C rack-mount 2-channel noise suppression system with noise gate. $85
3. Boss OC-3 Super Octave 3-mode pedal. $75

Noooooooooooooooooooo :(