Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I have some spare cases, so let me know if you have a guitar that needs a hardshell home and I'll see if I have something for it. I'm looking for a case for my Jazzmaster.

edit: Got a JM case! Still have some spare cases, though, so offer me somethin'!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 22, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I got these tuners I'm trying to unload, guess I'll post 'em here, too. 70's F-stamp Fender tuners, original vintage and not the reissue. I ordered these at exactly the same time I got my Jazzmaster since I was told the tuners weren't original. Well, the tuners were original, so now I have these. Exact year is 1978. Trades are fine. $100 + actual shipping cost (international's fine) if you want 'em outright.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
e: disregard

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 18, 2008

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Whoop, lookin' for a tremolo pedal. I might trade a guitar (Peavey T-15) for a REALLY good one. Tap tempo preferred.

Still have some guitars and cases and stuff, too.

edit: And I might as well ask now, is there such thing as like a dynamic distortion/OD pedal? I'd like something that reacts more to how I play, like if I'm playing softly it'd sound clean/very light OD but if I attack harder it distorts more. Does this exist? Is it even possible?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Schatten posted:

I'm currently selling a few items. Sorry they aren't trades at the moment.

Composite Acoustics RTG (carbon fiber guitar oh my!)
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436590
Oh my God I want this so bad but I can't afford a guitar right now.

At least shipping would be easy on this. Just slap a label on the body and drop it off at the post office!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Schatten posted:

Carbohydrates, where are you located? In the market for a guitar in a few months?
Washington state, and that'd probably depend on if I decide to offload some of my gear. I don't want to put money into music stuff right now all things considered, but I'd have no problem selling something to pay for something new. That way I can keep my music and general finances separate and it's also why I prefer to trade rather than buy or sell, but I see you're not up for a trade right now so it's moot. :)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Hey, I'm looking for an Electro-Harmonix POG if someone's got one kicking around. I'll trade (less preferred) or pay (more preferred).

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Descendent posted:

HEY. Anyone interested in trading a pedal or two for a Catalinbread Teaser Stallion. My projects right now don't really have a need for its craziness, such as turning your guitar's volume knob into a pitch control for an oscillator.

http://www.catalinbread.com/TeaserStallion.html

P.S. I like octave and delay pedals
I'm all over this. Enjoy your money!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
If you're in Washington, I have my '78 Jazzmaster up for sale or trade (for a Gibson Les Paul). I am definitely not shipping it, though. Check the Craigslist posting for contact info.

edit: as for "why," because I can deal with the not-so-good pickups and less comfortable neck profile of the new MIM jazzmasters because they cost less than half of what I paid for this one. Yeah, I'm cheaping out. Plus, I'd love a Gibson LP.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 5, 2008

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
EDIT: Traded, no longer available

Carbohydrates posted:

If you're in Washington, I have my '78 Jazzmaster up for sale or trade (for a Gibson Les Paul). I am definitely not shipping it, though. Check the Craigslist posting for contact info.
Okay I guess I lied when I said "definitely not shipping it." No one local's got the cash together yet.

I'll swap it for an appealing Gibson Les Paul Standard, preferably a Limited Edition or a Standard Plus. I'll also sell it outright for $2k.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 12, 2008

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
EDIT: TRADED 8/27

Gretsch G6118 Anniversary, perfect condition (only used it around the house), added a Chet Atkins Bigsby and Waverly tuners. Gretsch hardshell case included. Interested in cash primarily, but maybe G&L guitars, especially a Comanche. $1100 outright.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Carbohydrates/g01over.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Carbohydrates/g02bigsby.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Carbohydrates/g03tuners.jpg

EDIT: TRADED 8/27

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 28, 2008

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Los Padre posted:

Dammit Carbohydrates. I get through these trade threads just fine, until I read your posts.
You have good taste. :)

Re: color, it's the 2-tone green color- it's called 'smoke green' which is actually a very good descriptor.

Here's a shot from their website of the G6118T, with the regular flat handle Bigsby. I personally much prefer the wire arm style that I've got on mine.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 25, 2008

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Edit: Traded!

Kinda lookin' for a buyer for a PRS, but I'm really hesitant to sell it. I don't play it ever, but I paid so much for it and I'm not looking forward to the hit on resale. :(

Custom 22, 1-piece 10-top. No bookmatching, just one solid chunk of maple. Birds, Custom-style switching (rotary selector), trem. One of the most unique PRS guitars I've seen due to the top, which is what really made it stand out when I was shopping around in the first place. Pretty sure the finish is 'vintage natural'- that's the only thing I'm not positive about, the exact name of the color.

She's as minty as can be without actually being brand new- no dings, no scratches, no nicks, nothing except just slight oxidation on the pickup covers. I've probably only got 10 hours playtime on it tops and never gigged it out. I'm the original owner and I have the case, warranty card, spare tuner thumbscrew, Allen wrench, etc. Everything that comes with a brand new PRS.

Edit: Traded!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 9, 2008

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I've never successfully sold anything in the gear trade thread but might as well try again!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Carbohydrates/bb01guitar.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Carbohydrates/bb02top.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Carbohydrates/bb03back.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Carbohydrates/bb04neck.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Carbohydrates/bb05tuners.jpg

There's a ding in the finish under the pickguard bracket screw and some light surface scratches in the back. Selling it because I prefer a big fat 50's neck. Very lightweight for a Les Paul. $1800 if I can get 'er sold by Monday, $2000 after that and trade value is $2000 as well.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

the wizards beard posted:

Already?
Unusual circumstances (lucky trade) have led to a Historic 1958 VOS coming into my possession and I don't need two LP Standards!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

schizorage posted:

What sort of trades are you looking for?
A Custom Shop Fender Strat (preferably CC or relic) mainly. Might be interested in old Gibson Specials or Juniors. I've also kinda been kicking around the idea of a guitar with a Floyd Rose, but nothing pointy or otherwise 'metal'.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Susano-maku da! posted:

Carb, please let me know when you eventually want to get rid of your G&L S-500, I'd be interested in it.
I don't have an S-500, only a Legacy (which is still my #1 guitar and not for sale) and my Comanche (ehh, not so attached). :)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

USA G&L Comanche made sometime between 2002-2004 (G&L serial numbers are nonconsecutive). Honeyburst over ash, graphite nut, Schaller locking tuners, 2-way strap locks, matching headstock, satin-finished neck - all factory stuff. $1099, not really looking for trades outside of a Historic Les Paul Special, in which case I can add cash on my end. More info here!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Still got that Comanche. I'm flexible, make me an offer!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

ZombiePeanut posted:

Like... how flexible are we talking?

I've got three empty tin cans and a plank of balsa wood.

I think we can work something out.
Are they vintage tin cans? How well do they sustain?

In all seriousness, I was just asked, "Didn't this just sell on eBay?" I never listed it on eBay nor do I intend to, so if you see it up there it's scammy as gently caress. I hope no one got ripped off on that or anything. Looks like eBay pulled the auction though.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Anyone have any spare HB-sized P90s?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Shartjorts posted:

Carbohydrates, would you be interested in a 04/05 Fender Stratosonic with P90s for that G&L?
It's sold. I would like to see that Stratosonic if you have a pic just for fun, though. :)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
edit: SOLD

Anyone want a POG? Cash only, sorry. I bought it brand new last year and have used it very little. Still have the original box, manuals, and all that other good stuff.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 27, 2009

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Schatten posted:

What are you asking for it?
$250 shipped?

Rashomon posted:

Carbo, I just realized that you are also on OSG. I really want that Les Paul but have absolutely no reason or money for it, especially cause I'm working on starting up a Jazzmaster project.
You know I'm selling a pretty large lot of JM parts on OSG too, right? ;)

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 23, 2009

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Anyone wanna swap pickups? I love messing around with pickup combos. I have:

- DiMarzio Virtual PAF neck + bridge, F-spaced, black/black open
- Gibson Burstbucker 1 & 2, nickel covers, naturally tarnished a bit
- Gretsch TV Jones Classic, bridge position, chrome cover, standard mount no ears
- Eastwood Hot 10 Alnico humbuckers, neck + bridge, chrome covers
- Fender Custom Shop 69 RI neck and middle, cream covers
- Fender 50s RI bridge pickup, cream cover
- Fender MIM tele pair - pretty sure these came from a 60th Anniv 50's Fender Tele

edit: I would also trade a pair of Wolfetone Dr. Vintage for a comparable quality PAF clone, preferably higher-wind (like Wolfetone Marshallheads). The Dr. Vintages are lower-wind, like a traditional PAF, and I tend to run Les Pauls hotter than that. :)

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 17, 2009

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Eep, gear purge. Vintage Fender GAS has gotten hold of me and vintage Fender ain't cheap.

(SOLD) Fender AVRI 57, $1300 (SOLD)

Original owner, professionally set up. Ash body, nitro finish, soft V neck. Amazing guitar. Includes its original case, a Fender tweed G&G, plus case candy.
More Pics

(Grosh Electrajet is no longer for sale. Sorry, I love it too much)

(SOLD) G&L Legacy, $1000 (on the right) (SOLD)

The first strat I ever loved. Original owner, ordered brand new from the factory to spec - ash body with honeyburst, birdseye maple neck with gun oil tint, cream plastic, locking Schaller tuners - pretty much every expensive upgrade from the factory. Includes its original case, a black G&L-branded plastic hardshell.

Agreed posted:

"...Honey Burst, it is the finish on God's guitar."
More Pics

Fender American Dlx 60th anniv HSS strat, $800

Picked this one up the other day. Cleaned it up, set it up, and it's playing great. POWERFUL sounding guitar. It has finish damage on the bottom edge and by the neck pocket, but no wood damage. Non-stock hardshell case, a black Gator plastic hardshell.
More Pics

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany, $800

Purchased this new last year. The Gibson is pretty heavily modified, but the main stuff is this: Vintage Vibe HB-sized P90s, RS supershaft volume pots, CTS tone, Russian oil-in-paper caps, graphtech nut, Schaller rolling bridge. Professional graphtech nut install and setup. Includes its stock case, a black Gibson gator texture.
More Pics

(SOLD) Fender 60th Anniv 50's telecaster, $400 (SOLD)

Neck has been tinted, back has been lightly sanded. Body's bridge was routed for a TV Jones and the route marks are visible under the bridge. Some cracks in the finish from screws being overtightened. Neck pickup is a Gibson Burstbucker, bridge is a Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless. No case, bag included.
More Pics

PM me or email me at tomgion(at)gmail.com for more info, pics, whatever.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 27, 2009

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Agreed posted:

Nah, I'm wiley but I ain't clownin' like dat. He called dibs, he gets dibs. 'Til they work something out or don't, I offer zero dollars.
Sorry man, he's already paid me! :)

Still have that honeyburst Legacy, though...

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Any interested in a Grosh Electrajet Standard? I feel weird posting guitars here after I posted them in the "new instruments" thread.

Interested in cash, a Vox AC30 + cash, a Soloway of some sort (ideal), or a Danocaster T-style. Might be up for some other stuff... try me?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Rkelly posted:

I will trade you a hammond m3 from 62. a 70s yamaha acoustic that rules and a rockman wah that is a rare wah. Maybe add in some cash? How much did you pay for it?

Anyone who has delay pedals I will trade the rockman wah for a delay or the m3 for a nice delay like a Dr scientist or something.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I wouldn't even know what to do with such a nice Hammond. I paid $1700 for it new.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Man, I'd love to take it off your hands, but I'm afraid Jazzmasters and I have mutually agreed that we just don't get along. :( Still love the way they look, though. Good luck with the sale!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Gewehr 43 posted:

haha Thanks man! :) May I ask why you and Jazzmasters aren't necessarily a match made in heaven?
When I'm playing clean, I really like the strat's 2 and 4 positions. When I'm playing driven, I like the added beef of humbuckers. Jazzmasters just don't fit in anywhere with my music right now. I still think they're cool as hell and I love seeing them in the hands of people I wouldn't expect to see playing them, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm7KdRY6hpc

(great song, too)

e: I had a '79 Jazzmaster that was totally bitchin' but I ended up swapping it for a Les Paul.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
(SOLD) American Deluxe HSS strat, 60th Anniversary, with paint damage! (SOLD)

More pics here: http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww278/Carbohydrates02/Fender%20American%20Dlx/

For trades, I could use a small amp head for bedroom practicing, like an HT-5, Night Train, Rebel 20, or similar (obviously doesn't have to be a straight swap - can add or take cash). I would just LOVE an AC15 head. Guitars are fine, too, but no strats, teles, or locking trems, please!

If you want to just buy it outright, $700 obo would work.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 21, 2009

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

pennywisdom posted:

I've got a Jag HH with your name on it still.
Thanks for the offer, but someone decided to buy it straight up. :)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
(SOLD)

you guys want a tele

it's a good tele

Fender Telecaster Custom FMT HH. Contoured mahogany body, mahogany neck, rosewood board, maple top. Set neck, string-thru bridge. Neck pickup is stock, bridge pickup is currently a Duncan JB (not shown since I installed it after the photo, but it's a black/black so it looks the same). Also, it weighs nothing. I'll be shocked if it's over 7 lbs.

$450 shipped and paypalled?

(SOLD)

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 21, 2009

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

pennywisdom posted:

I will offer you the Jag yet again. :)
Sorry, can't do it. Gotta be cash right now. I'm selling some stuff to cover bills and tuition, including my 1961 Les Paul Junior on TGP, which is just a huge goddamn bummer. :(

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Hubis posted:

Someone should buy this drat thing before my willpower breaks down
Your wish is granted, it's sold!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Daughter posted:

Ive got an original 1972 Telecaster Custom in walnut with original case. PM me if youre interested.
Goddammit, I can't buy things right now! :(

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Daughter posted:

Get in touch when you can. I may still have it
I dunno if it would really be a possibility. How do you like that neck pickup?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
So hey I still have this 61 Jr

I haven't really been pushing it much since I got a steady job and I don't really need the money anymore, so trade offers are cool, too. I'm willing to give Jazzmasters another shot, so I'd be interested in one o' them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Halloweenhead posted:

Would you be interested in an AVRI Jazzmaster, or are you only looking for vintage ones?
AVRI's definitely cool if you want to kick in some cash!

scuz posted:

How much were you asking for this? I'm asking for a friend :3:
I'd sell it outright for $5k.

For anyone interested in the full history of it, just PM me, but the main points: No breaks/cracks anywhere, all original finish, all original electronics. Only one original knob (replacement speed knobs shown in the pic above). Tuner buttons replaced as well since the originals disintegrated. The finish is checked, but is still an incredibly vivid shade of red.

It's VERY playable. I have it set up for 10-46 and have gigged it before (until I started getting worried about theft at sketchy clubs). It's a loving TON of fun to play, too, because it weighs almost nothing and the P90 is so growly.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 18, 2009