Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

pennywisdom posted:

Looking for cash or a 4ohm version.
Hi, I am an idiot who knows nothing whatsoever about amps and attenuators and poo poo. Would this worth with a Vox AC30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Hey what's up, got this here CIJ Jaguar for $545 shipped and PP'd! Something got posted on TGP that I must have and I haven't bonded with the Jag in the same way I dig JMs, so it's getting nobly sacrificed. Paint chip in the headstock and some thin hairline cracks (finish only, no wood damage) at the heel. Bit o' fret wear, nothing debilitating, but it's there. Oh yeah, it's also SEXY AS HELL:

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Hey is there any chance you'd be interested in trading that jag for a Music Man 210 Sixty-Five ?

I'll have pics tomorrow

e: Its the older model with the valve inverter, so it's 1 12AX7 and 2 EL84s
I'm really not familiar with that amp. I've got the 2x10 thing covered pretty well by my Vibrolux, so I'm *probably* not interested. I've got my sights set on this right now and I'm tryin' to scrounge some cash. :)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
A gear deal thread would be cool. There's a dude on TGP selling a surf green Fender Custom Shop NOS 1960 Strat for $1500 and I didn't know where to post it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

in Post Your Newest Gear Acquisitions, obv!
I'd rather have Grapist's 50's strat. I've already got a CS60!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Oh hey, if anyone has an all-maple strat neck they'd like to trade/sell me, that'd sure be swell! The 50's-er, the better. In a perfect world, a 7.25"/6105 with a V profile and a nice amber tint.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I've heard American Deans are nice, but literally every Dean I've tried has been average at best. The acoustic bass was particularly bad - how the gently caress do you do a satin finish that's stickier than a gloss? How is it even possible to gently caress up that badly?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

iostream.h posted:

Would you consider $300 for both of these?
You're gonna love that Shape Shifter. It's got a great tap and sounds great through all wave shapes. I really like mine. :)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
EDIT: Sold pending payment

Anyone want a Les Paul?

Gibson LP Traditional Standard, 50's neck, 9.4 lbs, Burstbucker 1 and 2 pickups, graphtech nut, playwear on the back.

EDIT: Sold pending payment

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 20, 2010

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
nothing to see here

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 4, 2010

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Life is cruel but what can you do? Gotta sell my collection; PM me for details on any of them:

1989 Gretsch G6131, $999 (sold and paid)

Gretsch G6120, $1699

Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany, $749

1969 Gibson SG Special, $799 (sold pending payment)

1961 Gibson Les Paul Junior, $4999

Eastwood Airline Map, $799

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 28, 2010

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Twlight posted:

Can you tell me a bit about this guy? (Jesus I hate myself but that's an amazing guitar.)
Someone else asked me about it so I'll c/p:

The SG has very few original parts - the electronics (pots, cap, switch) seem stock, the body and neck have the original finish (just heavily faded) and the headstock's never been broken off, though a large chunk of the body has. The TR cover and pickguard are stock, too, though the pickguard's been routed for HBs. The pickups are a Gibson 500t in the bridge and a Vintage Vibe P90 in the neck. The stock tailpiece was removed before I bought it and replaced with a stop tailpiece, which I replaced with a Les Trem (reversible mod if you don't like vibratos). Tuners are Grover, nut is brass. The finish is worn through entirely in spots on the back of the neck. It's been professionally setup for 10-46. The frets are very low, but not pitted or grooved, surprisingly!

Basically, it has 0 collector value, but it's my #2 gigging guitar and it's been to almost every show with me. It balances nicely for an SG and, though it doesn't look pretty, it certainly screams, and I'm selling it cheaper than just about any new SG.

More photos: http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww278/Carbohydrates02/Gibson%2069%20SG%20Special/ (the first 4 are the most recent, the others show it with different pickups and tailpiece)

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

iostream.h posted:

hey Carb, can you give me some more info here? What year, pickups and all that jazz?

I'm assuming that tailpiece isn't stock? I'm not horribly familiar with this model. Where are you at geographically?
It's a 2008, I believe - it's a late-year model that I bought new earlier this year (March or April I think). Pickups are stock Filter'Trons. There isn't a single ding on this whole thing because I never got a chance to take it to a gig - it looks amazing, honestly. The tailpiece is stock, but I changed the tremolo's arm from a flat "spoon handle" to a curved Chet Atkins-style wire handle, which looks classier and has a full 360 degrees of rotation, as opposed to the stock spoon handle, which has a stop. the bridge is a Compton Compensated bridge, which is a solid piece of milled aluminum, grooved to compensate.

The original stock Bigsby arm and bridge are included and both can be reinstalled without any difficult work or adjustments to the action. It also comes with its original Gretsch hardshell case. Here it is in the case when I received it, all stock, with the original Bigsby handle and bridge:

I'm in Washington, shipping from postal code 98499.

...As an aside, I kinda hoped something else would sell before this one so I could keep it longer, but it's hard to be picky in times like these. :)

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 25, 2010

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

junyatwin posted:

Man, it's too bad you're not accepting trades. I've got a 1998 MIJ 62 Jazzmaster reissue that I never play these days.
Sorry, man. I love Jazzmasters but I need that :10bux:.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Carbohydrates posted:

Gretsch G6120, $1699 $1600

Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany, $749 $700

1961 Gibson Les Paul Junior, $4999 $4500

Eastwood Airline Map, $799 $700
Bump and price drops. Free shipping to goons in the states. Everything pictured has a hardshell case and the Airline has that bitchin' strap (and those are real TV Jones pickups in it). I'll also take trade offers on the LP Jr only! Cash for the others, please!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 25, 2010

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Y'all like amps???

English AC30/6TB, $1100
Peavey Envoy 110, $100
Peavey Bravo 112 w/ Celestion Vintage 30, $300
locally built 2x12 cab w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, $400
Two Celestion Vintage 30s, 16ohm, $80 ea (goddamn I loving love Vintage 30s)
Fender Rumble 100 bass amp, $200

Obviously shipping for some of these sucks, so local is preferred (WA), but if you wanna pay for it, I'll ship 'em anywhere.

p.s. still got some guitars available, see my previous post itt. Make me offers!

p.p.s. I'll trade the AC30 for an AC15TBX or other English Vox AC15. The AC30 is just a bit more than I need these days, but I don't wanna be Voxless. :(

p.p.p.s. Check out the AC30's footswitch, it's hilarious

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Free tele pickguards, come get your free tele pickguards!

- 1 ply, aged white, 5 hole, no screw holes for neck pickup (direct body mount). This one is 100% correct for a proper 50's-style tele.
- 3 ply, white, someone hacked up the area around the bridge. It'll fit any normal modern tele, but that edge is pretty ugly and you'll probably want to sand it down.
- 3 ply, black, fits a strat-sized neck pickup
- 3 ply, black, routed for additional middle pickup. Neck and middle fit strat-sized pickups.
- 3 ply black tortoise (black tort -> white -> black), neck humbucker route.

The 1-ply aged white one is fully shielded. The others are not shielded at all. These are all free, shipped free, to you (as long as you're in the USA because I don't wanna pay a fortune to send a guy a free thing, you know?). I haven't owned a tele in a long time and I don't intend to own a tele again, so I have no use for these!

I also have a Fender Samarium Cobalt neck pickup for a tele, brand new, never installed. How 'bout $40 for that? I dunno.

tomgion (at )gmail.com

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 6, 2011

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Still have a bunch of stuff to sell!

Guitars:

- Gibson 1961 Les Paul Jr, $4500. I had this at Emerald City Guitars on consignment and they had the price bumped to $7300 for some unfathomable reason so I'll just try to sell it on my own again.

- Eastwood Airline Map (with Grover tuners & TV Jones pickups, strap, hardshell case), $800

Amps and speakers:

- Celestion Vintage 30, 16 ohm, $70

- Vox Night Train 15w head, no pics right now sorry, but it's a stock Night Train that I bought new and used as a bedroom practice surrogate for my AC30. It's got its carrying case and such. $400

Pickups:

- GFS Protube lipstick humbuckers, chrome, neck + bridge set. Installed once, full length leads. $40

- Fender Samarium Cobalt Telecaster pickup, NECK ONLY. Brand new, never installed. $40

- DiMarzio Virtual PAF humbuckers, black/black bezels, neck + bridge set. One is older than the other, but they both work great. Used when I got 'em. 4-conductor for fun wiring. No link handy since these have been unavailable for a bit. $80

- Lindy Fralin dogear P90, 5% overwound, black cover. Ideal for an LP Jr or similarly patterned guitar. Brand new, never installed. $70

- Gibson 57 Classic neck and 57 Classic Plus bridge. Nickel covers, installed once. $130

Trades?

uh, gun stuff maybe, but I'm trying to way cut down on guitar stuff, sorry!

tomgion (at) gmail.com

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
SOLD

Oh hey there gear trades thread :)

This is my beautiful Eastwood Airline Map, which I've listed here before, but now I have a bunch of sexy new photos! I've done a bit of work to this: the pickups were just terrible, so they were replaced with TV Jones pickups: a Classic in the neck and a Classic Plus in the bridge. The TVJs really complement the guitar's chambered body. The three-way switch was replaced with a proper Fender one that feels much more solid. The imitation Grover tuners were replaced with proper Grover tuners with art-deco knobs. The guitar's volume and tone knobs were replaced with chrome insert bell knobs.

To recap: TV Jones Classic pickups, Fender 3-way switch, Grover tuners, bell knobs. Also included is a branded hardshell case, a stylish matched strap, and the original knobs and white pickup rings.

I'd like to get $800 for this!

PM or email Tom at

SOLD

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 16, 2011

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
edit: sold

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 16, 2011

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Still casually looking for a buyer for a 1961 Les Paul Junior.

Lots to say about this, so contact me for all the fun details. In brief: original finish, all original electronics, no breaks/cracks/repairs but has finish checking and dings, a few unoriginal smaller parts (knobs, truss rod cover). Case appears to be from the 70's. Like I said, lots to talk about, so contact me and we'll chat.

Looking for $4,000ish. PM or

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Anyone need pickups?

- DiMarzio Virtual PAF (humbucker), pair
- GFS Pro-Tube Lipsticks (humbucker), pair
- Seymour Duncan Phat Cat (HB-sized P90), neck
- Vintage Vibe HS-90 (HB-sized P90), bridge - I have 3 sets of magnets for this one
- Fender SCN telecaster (tele neck-sized HB), neck
- Lindy Fralin Dogear 90 (dogear P90), bridge
- Fender 57/62 (single coil), neck & mid
- Fender Classic 50's (single coil), bridge

I'd like to trade something here for a pair of mini humbuckers! Firebird style or not, whatever. Edgier/hotter would be nice but I'm not picky. As you can see, I've got stuff covering a wide range of value, so I'm down to swap cheap for cheap or expensive for expensive or whatever floats your boat. PM (much preferred) or email

Also down to trade stuff for Jazzmaster parts.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

bisticles posted:

Neck pickup is a GFS Mean 90 P90 and the bridge is a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB humbucker. It's an unconventional combination, but I set it up for when I was playing in a party/wedding band and had to play everything from oldies to rock, which it handled very well.
It's an AWESOME combination. A higher-wind bridge HB with a neck P90 sounds fantastic and I use that combo a lot.

Hey, I have some parts for sale. Flat $5 shipping for anything and everything.

Kahler 5-string bass tremolo

Cool item. Everything in the photo is included. Tuners are Carvin-branded. $80

Kluson Deluxe Rotomatic 3x3 tuners

15:1 gearing. Came off a Gibson. Bushings and screws are included, but not pictured. Designed for an 8.8mm hole (smaller than keystone holes, but can be fitted with conversion bushings - the screw holes line up fine). $15

Grover copies, 3x3

These came off an Eastwood. Look just like Grovers and hold tune fine, but the buttons turn with less resistance so they feel less precise to tune. Good on a budget. $15

Grover Self Lock 3x3

Grover locking tuners. Rock solid! $30

Planet Waves Auto Trim 6IL

My personal favorite locking tuner. They automatically trim the string end when you lock them. Very fast to use. I'll also include a pair of GraphTech string trees - they look great with the Planet Waves' black posts. $35

Lindy Fralin Dogear P90 (bridge)

Never got a chance to use this. I sold the project guitar I was gonna put it in. So, brand new. Asking $60

Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless Telecaster Neck

I bought the pair and ended up using the bridge with a TV Jones in the neck position, so the SCN neck sits here unused. Never installed! It's essentially an Alnico V stacked humbucker. $40

Fakebucker

Weird pickup. It's one of the single coils disguised as a humbucker that Supros and Valcos and Airlines and such used. Not sure of this one's provenance. Very low-output pickup. I've hung onto it for years thinking I'd find a cool project for it. $30

DiMarzio Virtual PAFs

Imagine your standard, mid output PAF style pickup and give it just a slight kick in the rear end - not enough to make it a high gain or metal kind of pickup, but just enough to really wake it up while retaining the PAF style of sound. Very responsive, and retain clarity with warmth. 5 wire, so you can wire 'em up however. Original price for these was $87 each. I'd like $100 for both

Vintage Vibe HS-90 (Bridge)

If you're not familiar with this pickup's gimmick: it comes with multiple sets of magnets so you can swap 'em around to adjust the tone how you like. All you have to do is unscrew a plate on the back of the pickup (no soldering), slide the magnets out, and slide a new pair in. It currently has (I believe) Alnico IIs in it, and it also comes with the pictured magnets - Alnico V (for your classic P90 sound) and ceramic (for your modern edgy sound). With any of the magnets installed, this is an absolutely killer pickup. Between the three magnets, there's no "best" choice. I just changed them by mood. Selling this because I prefer my P90s in the neck position, not the bridge. This is a $95 pickup new and I'd like $65

PM or email tomgion at gmail. Cash is king, but trades are fun. Pedals, pickups, whatever!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 4, 2012

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
All right, just gonna toss this out here, see what happens.

I haven't been playing my Gretsch a lot these days. In fact, I've been leaning toward short scale Fenders and Gibsons and the poor thing sits unused in its case. This is a Gretsch G6120, ser # JT09083540: the 3,540th guitar built in 2009 (August production) in the Tarada factory in Japan. It is current Fender-era production.

The case has a little damage to the tolex on the top. The bridge pickup has a bit of gold worn off one corner. The back has light scratches (nothing through the finish) from use. Aside from that, it's completely clean. I couldn't even find a single ding on the guitar. The Bigsby could maybe use a polish, but the plating is fine.

I've got an aluminum Compton compensated bridge on it (cut for .010-.046 strings) and a wire arm for the Bigsby (which looks amazing, is less obstructive, and has a wider range of motion than the spoon handle). The original Tuneomatic-style bridge and flat spoon Bigsby handle are also included and I can set it factory stock before shipping it, if you like (though I'd strongly recommend keeping the Compton bridge on there; it's great).

Price: $1500 $1330 shipped in the continental US! International shipping might be possible. We can talk about it.

Trades: I'd love a Fender Blues Deluxe 1x12. Not really looking for a guitar, but it's hard to say no to a nice SG.

Contact by PM or email tomgion at gmail. Let me know if you have any questions, photo requests, or trade offers.

(this last photo is older than the others; it's just a nice angle.)

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 15, 2012

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Droppin' the price on the Gretsch I posted above from $1500 to $1330. Give me your moneyyyyy.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
I like to check completed listings on eBay for pricing, but yeah 60% to 75% of list is usually fair. $500 for a run-of-the-mill SG with some wear and tear sounds fair to me.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Two guitars! PM me here or email don't email meeee.

SOLD! Fender Competition Mustang Reissue:

Model is MG69-BECK/CO and it's a Japanese model that was built as a signature guitar for a character from the anime/manga BECK, but more to the point, it's the most accurate reissue of a Competition Mustang that Fender has ever made. Very clean with a couple shallow dings and some buckle scratches on the back. No case but I'll add a padded bag.

Upgrades:

- Full size CTS pots and Switchcraft switches/jack
- Rewired with lacquered, cloth covered wire and a vintage cap
- Original vintage 1966 Fender Mustang pickups+covers+screws
- Mastery bridge (that's an expensive part but it's a top notch bridge, I put one on EVERY jag/jazzmaster/mustang. I have two spares in my parts drawer)
- Thumbscrew, instead of a set screw, to adjust trem arm position and tension on the fly
- Schaller strap buttons (originals included)
- Slightly modified controls: instead of having two redundant "in-phase/off/out-of-phase" switches like a standard Mustang, the bridge switch is now a "parallel/off/series" switch. You lose nothing and gain some options.

Looking for $1000 shipped
(SOLD FOR $900), which is almost exactly what I paid for the guitar used 4 years ago before I put any work or new parts into it. Make me an offer, though.

Click for big:

Next is a PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin. So, GC had these for sale a month or two ago for $649 brand new, marked down from $999 regular, so I bought one. It owns. In fact, it made me fall in love with PRS, so I bought a fancy Core series Custom 24, so now I have two PRS which is redundant, so now this one's going away. Super clean, with just pickguard swirl and a ding or two. I changed the pickups and a couple other parts while I was thinking I'd just keep both PRS guitars.

Upgrades:

- USA PRS bridge. They come new with a cheaper import cast/zinc unit. I put this nice steel/brass one in - it's a $325 part new, but it makes a massive difference.
- Ebony Schaller tuner knobs
- Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and a Vintage Vibe P90 in the neck
- Push/pull pot replaced with an Alpha
- Schaller strap buttons (originals included)

So I paid $650 and put about $600 worth of parts in. They usually cost $999. I'm thinking $950 shipped for this? EDIT 12/30/16: let's do $850 shipped, or $750 with the factory bridge instead of the USA one.
(SOLD for $850) Hell, I'll include the original bridge and pickups in case you want to strip the spendy poo poo out and make some money back. Comes with the PRS S2 gig bag. Make me an offer, yeah?

Click for big:

edit: not looking for trades tbh, I mostly need the money for vet bills for my dumb, sick cat.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 1, 2017

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Mustang is sold and I'm dropping the PRS to $850 shipped (SOLD) with the fancy USA trem unit, or $750 shipped with its factory import bridge. Way cheaper than new plus you get fancy pickups and poo poo!

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Selling my 2013 Fender Classic Player '50s body. It's MIM, 3 piece alder, with an 8-hole pickguard pattern, S-S-S routes, and vintage style control route. It has all the vintage appropriate contours and neck heel as well. It is built for a 2 point bridge. It's extremely clean: no dings, no scratches, no signs of buckle wear.

Included with it:
- Original strap buttons
- Original claw assembly
- Original jack and plate
- Original bridge thimbles and posts
- New 2017 Fender American Professional 2-point trem with tapered steel block, bent steel saddles, adjustable pop-in trem arm, and 3 American Professional springs. To my knowledge, Fender doesn't even sell these on their own yet. This came with the American Pro body I bought to replace this body I'm selling, but I decided to go with a Callaham block bridge instead.

Would trade for badass Telecaster pickups (Kinman, Klein, Fender 64s, Duncan Antiquities, DiMarzio Area T?), a small practice amp with a USB out for recording, or $260 shipped.