Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I'll trade you an 808 reissue and a Boss FZ-2 for the SG. Does it have a case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Its not gear exactly but I have a Gigabit Apple G4 with two 20 gig HDs, 7xxMB, dual 450 processors and some overpriced wifi card that one of you might want to use for.... whatever.

I'm up for trades or trades plus cash. Looking for anything boutique or interesting, guitars, pedals, whatever.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl

magnificent7 posted:

I've got an Artcore to unload too - I think mine is the AS83-B? because, sure, that name makes sense. GFS Classic '57 pickups.

I think you want my Mac, man.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Rifter17 posted:

I have an Italia Mondial bass. I bought it in December of 2003. Its in good condition and everything is in working order. I have it strung up with flatwound black nylon strings, which the original owner put on it. I liked the strings so much, that I never changed them.

Stuff I would dig on: MicroKORG, cello (although I'd probably would have to cough up some cash on my end), EBS Valvedrive + cash, and bass parts (bridge, ultralight tuners, pots and caps, etc.). I dunno. I'll also take straight out cash on the bass.

I'm also in Orange County, so if some OC or socal goons want to see the bass or something that would make shipping a ton easier.

I've been looking at those basses, how do you like yours (even though you're selling)?

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Rifter17 posted:

Honestly, I really dig the tone. Its deep, its fat, and there's no top end. You have to be careful not to lose definition. Of course I've only played it with flats because that's how I dig it. The playability is wonderful. Its roughly a P-bass neck that has been finished black. The build quality is up there, but you can't intonate the bridge (its Hofner style with a piezo underneath). I always imagined using the dual outputs, but I never got around to it unfortunately.

The reason I'm selling it is because its heavy and neck dives. You think a bass with a plastic body would be light, but there's a huge chunk of wood in there. Some people don't mind neck dive, and that's up to the individual. Also I had back surgery in 3rd grade and again in 8th grade. So heavy bass + spine surgery = no good. It sucks that generally everything bass is super heavy.

I wanted to keep the tone but lose the weight, so I bought an Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat to replace it. Thus I must sell it. But if you dig the retro look, want something that will really get low, and can deal with some neck dive and weight then I would recommend it. I have a dodge-y recording of me playing My Funny Valentine in a latin style with it if you want, I can try throwing that up.

I'd love to hear a sound sample. Though, I admit I don't have much up for trade except for a Mac G4. Which you could probably sell or trade for a used MircoKorg.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl

scuz posted:

Found one for you :love:

$400? Jeez, I remember when people used to use T-60s and T-40 to level tables. Fun basses if you have the back for it, though.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Carbohydrates posted:

Okay I guess I lied when I said "definitely not shipping it." No one local's got the cash together yet.

I'll swap it for an appealing Gibson Les Paul Standard, preferably a Limited Edition or a Standard Plus. I'll also sell it outright for $2k.

Late '70s offset Fenders are some of the weirdest guitars I have ever played. Not only does the build quality tend to be all over the place but some of the model appointments are completely unique to the era. I've seen Mustangs and Jazzmasters with maple fretboards. In your case, block inlays.

Cool guitar, bummer you can't vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Carbohydrates, would you be interested in a 04/05 Fender Stratosonic with P90s for that G&L?