Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I have a 2008 MIM Strat that's barely played. It's pretty much brand new. My friend bought it hardly ever picked it up, then had it sitting in a pawn shop for about 6-8months. Then I bought it about two months ago. Does anyone think I could actually get at least 300 bucks for it? There's not a single issue with it. Not a single scuff or scratch or anything. Essentially it's a brand new guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

I'd be interested in getting the neck off it (though I'd never blame you if you dont want to sell it piecemeal)

On that note, does anyone have a neck to sell thatll fit a 21fret mim strat? I guess Id prefer lefty to match the instrument but dont really see it mattering. :shobon:

I briefly considered selling the individual parts, but I decided not to gently caress around with it and just sell the whole guitar. But for curiosity's sake, what would you spend on the neck?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Agreed posted:

Dude, don't sell the English Muff'n. That thing kicks rear end and has a unique sound. Keep it and when you get better you can still be using it. Plus you never know when an EHX pedal is just going to randomly get discontinued, they have a habit of knocking off the tube pedals and introducing new ones that don't make the people who had the old ones quite so happy...

I was just about to make him an offer on this. You stop talking now!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Justus posted:

No US interest in old keyboards I guess.

I would have taken that off your hands in a heart beat, I just found out too late.
:negative:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

WanderingKid posted:

It might be a general sort of thing. Doesn't apply so much to your Casio I guess but old keyboards/synths are a pain in the rear end. They have rubbish midi (if at all), most of them need to be serviced if they haven't been in a long time which can be a huge expense. Most of them are unreliable compared to modern keyboard/synthesizers. I dunno why anyone buys them other than to flip them to collectors or musicians with serious GAS. I dunno who has the time or the money right now to put into a really old keyboard just to get it to work properly. Don't even get me started on keyboards with loads of complicated electronics where the chips haven't been produced in years so you end up having to take it a service centre that will take for between 500 and 1500 bucks to overhaul the drat thing. That or you can do the work yourself at your own risk but you still need to source chips from eBay sellers that will fleece the living daylights out of you. Bah!

I will never stop wanting a VCS 3 as long as I live:

I just know it's never going to happen for the reasons you mentioned about and the insane amount of money people ask for these things when they turn up.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Achtane posted:

:words:

I use a regular Big Muff with my bass, is there any huge difference in the way the Bass Big Muff sounds?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Achtane posted:

But...I actually just came to this thread to say that it was sold.

I was actually just curious to know what the difference was between the two. I can't afford poo poo right now anyway.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I r Pat posted:

Boss RC20XL Loop pedal

Would you happen to know what the difference is between this and the RC-2? The description on the website makes it seem like they're pretty similar in terms of features. I know the actual unit is bigger and has a couple more switches but nothing I've managed to read on the RC-20 makes it sound like it's much different.

Narwhale posted:

EHX Germanium OD- I don't like this on bass as much as I thought I would. The big problem with these is the lack of level control. Luckily for me/you, my guitarist is an electrical engineer so the problem is solved! No knob for the level control. Velcro, great condition, etc. $55 shipped

I'll take it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

washburn085 posted:

I have a Fender Super Champ XD (SCXD) that was converted to a head. I would like to get $240 shipped, here is a link to my SA Mart post:

HERE

Holy poo poo, that looks awesome.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

HollisBrown posted:

So here I've got my beloved Ibanez AS-193. This is an odd guitar in that they obly made them for 1 year (2007 i believe). I am the original owner and it has been extremely well cared for. These were made in China and assembled in Japan. It has really slick rosewood pickup rings and has some really nice inlay work. It's loaded with the Super 58 pickups which sound fantastic, and plays really well. The only complaint I've ever really had with this guitar is the tuners the pearloid is a little cheap looking.

I'm not 100% that I want to sell this guitar but I need the money and this is the guitar that I play the least (mostly because I use my Carvin 99% of the time). I'm asking $700 with a really nice factory hard shell case.

Is this hollow or semi-hollow?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Would anyone be interested in an Electro Harmonix Germanium OD? I've got one that was modded to have a volume control. The pedal is in great condition and works pefectly, but I never use it (I have plenty of overdrive and distortion) and I want to buy a wah. I can post a picture if there in interest. I just wanted to get the word out here before I post this to the unwashed masses of SA Mart.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

FancyMike posted:

How much are you asking for it? I know the guitarist in my band was looking at those a while back and he might be interested.

I was thinking 60 dollars shipped. The volume mod is great with the pedal. Germanium OD pedals are not made with volume control and are loud as gently caress.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Deelon posted:

I've got a mid-to-late 70's Fender Bassman 70 that I'd like to trade for tube amp with reverb. Ideally something like a hotrod deluxe or deluxe reverb. I can throw some cash into the deal for the right amp if need be. This is an awesome amp, but I've got to have something with reverb!

The bassman is in good condition. Tolex is in good shape, the pots aren't scratchy, and it was recapped about 5 years ago. Tubes are pretty much new: 2 Groovetubes 6l6s, the 12ax7s are NOS amperex bugle boys, and the 12at7 is a NOS RCA. It sounds really good. It's super loud, and stays clean about 3/4 of the way up, then distorts nicely at high volumes, and especially when you patch both channels together. This amp takes pedals better than any other amp I've ever played as well. I can get some more pictures if anyone is interested.

What state are you in and are you interested in selling it outright?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Would anyone here know the best way to get an idea of what used instruments are worth? I was considering buying a used Gibson SG off a guy and he's asking 500. It's not any special vintage or anything. It's probably from the last ten years. It's got some noticable cosmetic flaws from wear and tear. Also, one of the pick ups has been replaced. I thinking that's a pretty standard price, but I was wondering if I could haggle him for less.

edit: It's a standard model.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 6, 2012

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Scarf posted:

I'd say that's pretty fair. My general rules of thumb for used gear are:

75% of original price for excellent condition
60% of original price for very good
50% for good but visible wear/flaws

What kind of pickup did he put in there?

It's a humbucker but I can't remember the brand.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

iostream.h posted:

EHX micro synth

Would you consider selling this outright, and if so what are you looking to get for it?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

iostream.h posted:

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

Crap, I unloaded it yesterday evening before I saw this. Otherwise I totally would have!

BOOOOOOO!

Alright, well thanks for getting back to me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

iostream.h posted:

On the off chance that I could reacquire it, how much are you offering?

I was going to see what price you'd throw out there, but I'm inclined to say 100-150 dollars.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

iostream.h posted:

Anyone still looking for an Orange PPC212? (That's the sealed 2x12 with Celestion V30s.)
Had one pop up here, if you want it let me know.

What kind of money are you asking for this?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Hey you guys!

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I ran into a guy today who is selling a 1976 Gibson Marauder. I'm pretty sure what he wants for it is too much (he was asking 700, I managed to talk him down to 500, but I still think that's too much). Here's the dirty details: I sounds great, it plays great, it's all original, and the electronics have no issues at all. On the other hand, it very much shows its age. The fretboard and neck have a lot of wear from playing, there is serious buckle rash on the back of it, and worst off all there's a crack in the headstock. It's about 3/4 of an inch long right under the tuning key for the low E string.

So basically, does anyone have an idea what's a reasonable price for this?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Borderview posted:

I see these go for pretty cheap. With the cracked headstock, I'd be hesitant to buy it -- if you're set on it, I'd go less than 500, probably 350-400 max.

Yeah, I don't want to do 500 at all. Turns out my brother tried to buy a car off this same guy a while back and he wanted three times what it was worth. So he's probably not going to budge. Oh and also, I came across because guy was trying to sell it to a guitar dealer who wanted nothing to do with it for what he wanted (700). We even took out a blue book right in front of him and determined that it was only worth 200-300. I straight up offered him 450 on the spot figuring that that was more than generous and he said 500.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'm going to try to haggle him and if he won't take a reasonable offer then he can shove it up his rear end. The problem is that I love offbeat guitars and those junky old department store ones. So occasionally that over rides my better judgment.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I also have a Korg AX10B multi-processor, its nothing too great, a neat little pedal to mess around with at home or some sort of noise project Wouldn't recommend it for much else. I was also using this for theremin. ~$50

Can you tell me a bit more about what this does and what kind of sounds you can make with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is there anyone out there who happens to want to sell a MIM Telecaster neck?