Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

moon demon posted:

Ah I should have mentioned, I’m looking for an electric. In my (admitted fairly ignorant) search i think I’ve narrowed my interest down to a strat (well, unless someone has randy rhoads’ polka dot V for sale). I’ve got larger hands, so I think that might mean the jaguar isn’t the one for me? Again tho, I’m a total beginner so maybe I misunderstood the differences between them.

Hand size doesn't really matter unless you have truly freakish meathooks. Guitars will feel awkward for a while no matter what until you've had a good amount of experience playing. The best guitar for a beginner is the guitar that inspires you to pick it up and play it. Get something you think is cool. Just don't get something with a tremelo (whammy bar) as your first guitar - much more complicated to do things like set up and change strings.

Get lessons if you can. Education >>> gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU