Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge
I remember that guitar. Someone took a sander to the horns, right?

Have you considered the Digitech Bad Monkey BTW? It's getting really good reviews as a Tubescreamer replacement with a better tonestack. It's only $40 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Handen posted:

I've got two Squier '51s I no longer need. One's blonde w/ a Fender USA Strat neck pup and stock bridge HB, the other is Black and stock. In Lethbridge AB, want ~$160 blonde, $140 black or trade for something like an M-Audio Axiom 25.

The blonde 51 on the right...

What is up with people shooting their Teles? :psyduck:

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER posted:

Yeah, at first I misread his post and thought he was selling that tele for $160. I got really exited :(

Wait what. I mean literally shooting their instruments, not some colloquial term meaning "selling cheap". He's got 3 .22 holes in it. Another guy on this forum has bullet holes in his. He then set the guitar on fire and stuck a lot of string bending gear on it.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

the wizards beard posted:

It's the same guitar. :sax:

d'oh

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Ahh, always wanted one of these. Would you be willing to ship to Europe if I bought it? I think it would still be cheaper than buying one here.

Want the Uber Metal?

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Don't know, what do you want for it?

Got it for €50 on Saturday on sale. Still have the receipt somewhere. €45 sound good to you? If so do me a favor and offer on adverts for the bumpage.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Oh cool, you have a Tube King going as well. You're selling these and keeping the Tri-Metal?

I'm a bit strapped atm, might throw an offer in in a week or so. I should probably shift some stuff too.

Yeah, the Tri-Metal has enough hi-gain and range of sounds for me. What are you trying to shift?

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Susano-maku da! posted:

Crowther Hot Cake

Why the hell are you getting rid of this? Did you score a Klon or something?

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

It's a long shot, but these are rare, so would you be able to look up shipping to Ireland? The euro is still doing well, I'm curious as to how frightening s&h would be.

I bought one on adverts for €60 just over a year ago :v:

Shipping shouldn't be too much considering I've had an entire guitar shipped for ~ €50

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
Ibanez Tube King. In perfect condition. Solid steel construction. Runs a tube at high voltage. Inbuilt tunable noise gate.

I'll probably be able to ship this for free too :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Agreed posted:

I can vouch that the Tube King is a great sounding pedal, someone should check it out. Especially if he's offering a deal.

Thanks Agreed. It's a great pedal. It just doesn't suit my setup. I'll take a trade for anything interesting. A transparent overdrive pedal would be nice, but I'm open to any offers.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
Not sure about the Bluesbreaker. What else do you have?

Another pedal I don't use. EHx Clone Theory. Perfect condition. Free shipping.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Scarf posted:

What would you be looking for?

I wouldn't mind a nice transparent, soft overdrive, but almost anything else might tempt me.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Bo Shek posted:

I dunno if I've got anything too interesting laying around but I've been looking into getting one of these for awhile. Anything particular at all you're looking for aside from that OD pedal?

What have you got? I'll tell you all what I don't need:

Big Muff
Zoom Tri Metal
Boss TU-2
Line 6 Echo Park
Digiverb
DS1 and DS2

Anything not there I'll consider.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Scarf posted:

Haha what about money? How much of that stuff?

Honestly, I don't know hoe much a second hand pedal is worth. Someone just offer me something plausible.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Agreed posted:

You ought to think about the Bluesbreaker. It's worth about what I paid for my Tube King, used, and it fits your description of the pedal you want very well. The very well regarded Analogman King of Tone is a modified pair of Bluesbreakers in series. It is an extremely good sounding, versatile overdrive that can go from a pretty much clean "warming" boost with the gain low and volume high to some classic rock lighter crunch at higher settings.

A Bluesbreaker plus a little cash would be fair, and I think you'd be quite happy with the results you'd get from the BB.

It seems that there's two versions. The newer one looks more compact, like a Boss pedal and has two modes. Any comments on the Version 1 vs the 2? Also, TWB which version do you have?

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

It's the BB2 with the clean boost mode. I think I posted a picture of it when I first got it, I'll take a look.

edit:

Few scratches on the Bluesbreaker. I could throw in some cash as well if you're interested.

Sure, why not. Is €25 fair?

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
Thanks to the wizards beard or a nice simple transaction :) .I'm digging this little pedal. Already found what I was looking for from it.

Now, does anyone want my Chorus pedal?

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

cat doter posted:

I need a good chorus pedal so bad. What do you want for it? You said you wanted an overdrive pedal, right? I've just got a Boss SD-1 but that's probably not what you're after.

The BB2 I got from TWB is filling my overdrive slot nicely right now. Anything else you've got?

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Agreed posted:

Zoom TM-01 Tri Metal ($97) - If you don't know the story, Zoom had a brief run of analog pedals that were really cool. There was a fuzz, a distortion, and this high-gain beast. It's a quite well regarded high-gain pedal with eerily quiet operation, even with gobs of distortion. The control layout is like a Boss Metalzone, but the tone is much better than that much maligned pedal. I've had this for a long time and I hate to get rid of it because they aren't making anymore and they are getting hard to come by, but so be it. This rare fire-breathing behemoth of a high-gain distortion pedal can be yours for $97.

This is an amazing pedal. When Agreed says it's quiet, he's not exaggerating. Even with a single coil it's nearly noiseless. It also packs a whopping amount of gain and is built like a tank.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Agreed posted:

Zoom Tri-Metal, $100 - Riiise from your gwaaave! I was selling this last time, then I decided not to, but now I've decided to go ahead and part with it after all. I have a Wampler Triple Recstortion which can get a lot of the same high-gain Mesa territory that this covers. The modern release of the Wampler is called the Triple Wreck, and costs over $250. The Tri-Metal wasn't made for very long and is one of Zoom's well-loved analog series of pedals. This one is highly regarded by high-gain enthusiasts (including me, obviously) for giving you an incredibly brutal, tight distortion with an almost eerie lack of noise. Seriously, buy this and you won't need a Decimator. I'm not sure how they do it, but there isn't a noise gate or anything... Anyway, it's capable of very, very high gain, with a lot of flexibility in the EQ to adjust it to different setups. I wouldn't recommend it for a smaller open-backed amp, but that said I've got pretty brutal tones out of a Fender Twin and a Hot Rod Deluxe 212 with this thing before. Into my THD Univalve with a 4x12 cab, it absolutely slays. If I didn't have the Wampler Triple Recstortion I'd hang onto this, but with that pedal I just don't really need this one anymore... it's your choice whether you want to spend $250+ or $100 to have a Mesa-in-a-Box sound :D

Oh dear. You're going to regret this. This pedal absolutely slays. Even with a Strat into a Hotrod Deluxe it's brutal. I know that The Whizzard's Beard was looking for one of these so be a nice guy and ship it to Ireland for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
R๓isํn dubh Tom. Hahaha, that's a terrible email address.

Ahem. Sorry. Carry on.