Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I've got a couple of pedals that I wouldn't mind turning into something else.

Proco Vintage Reissue Rat - Big honkin black metal box with no LED. Classy

CS-3 Compressor Sustainer w/ Monte Allums mod - The stock CS-3 is hissy and lame. This mod makes it actually do something. Note that this is one of the older ACA pedals, so you'll either need to power it with a battery or hook it up to a daisy chain or power distribution unit.

MXR M-103 Blue Box Script Reissue - You've got your fuzz in my octaver! You've got your octaver in my fuzz!. With box.

Maxon CS-505 Stereo Chorus - Really nice chorus that sounds similar to the Boss CS-2 to me. With box.

MXR Distortion 3 (M-115) - Nice growly tube-like distortion. With box.

Looking for something like an interesting delay/mod pedal.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Thoogsby posted:

Any chance you'd be willing to just flat out sell this?

Yeah. I could do... $70 shipped?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

JumboJetDreams posted:

I'd love to trade my 06 Standard Tele (arctic white) and some money for a Jazzmaster or Mustang.

I also have a Boss DS-1 and a Digitech Synth Wah that I would part with for a Blue Box and a Boss DD-6 that I would trade with some money for any delay with a separate tap tempo button.

I've got an MXR Blue Box that I just "sold" on eBay, but the dude hasn't paid me yet, and it's been a few days. If the whole shebang falls through, maybe I could trade it to you.

edit: why not just get an FS-5U and plug that into your DD-6 for tap tempo?

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 4, 2008

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

JumboJetDreams posted:

Let me know if the blue box falls through, I'd most certainly be interested.

As for the DD-6, it doesn't support external tap tempo. Or if it does I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect an external switch. I've just been using my bassists EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai which I like a lot more anyways.

Oh wow, you're right... no external tap tempo input. I just traded my DD5 towards a DD20, otherwise I would have helped you out on that too. I'll let you know if the deal falls through on the Blue Box.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

JumboJetDreams posted:

Let me know if the blue box falls through, I'd most certainly be interested.

As for the DD-6, it doesn't support external tap tempo. Or if it does I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect an external switch. I've just been using my bassists EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai which I like a lot more anyways.

The buyer came through on the Blue Box, so I can't trade that with you.

On a side note, I just traded my DD5 and some cash for a DD20. I really like being able to keep presets stored, and the modes are really nice sounding.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Carbohydrates posted:

edit: And I might as well ask now, is there such thing as like a dynamic distortion/OD pedal? I'd like something that reacts more to how I play, like if I'm playing softly it'd sound clean/very light OD but if I attack harder it distorts more. Does this exist? Is it even possible?

I'm really happy with the Fulltone OCD. It's a got a big sound when driven, but you can easily back up and get it to just a little bit of tubey breakup.

Check this out.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

BluePepper posted:

I see you let the Blue Box go on eBay - would you be interested in selling the MXR Dist III and/or ProCo Rat (I'm sorry, I don't really have anything to trade...)

Sorry, I unloaded the Distortion 3, and I'm going to hang onto the Rat.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Long shot, but I'd like to trade my Boss CS-3 Compressor for an MXR Dynacomp or Supercomp. It's a black label MIJ one, and I modded it with the Monte Allums Opto mod. Or if anyone just wants a compressor, I'll sell it for $55.

Click here for the full 394x640 image.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: I'm all set now, thanks! :)

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 10, 2009

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Agreed posted:

Can you speak on exactly what MA mods were done to it, please?

Assuming this is the CS3 that I traded hamaien, it's the Monte Allums Opto Mod kit. I did all of the soldering and bypassed one of the diodes so that you can use a regular PSA-style adapter rather than just the older ACA-style ones. It's a documented mod, not just a hack.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Agreed posted:

I wasn't at all saying it wasn't, Monte Allums is a well respected mod kit maker/seller so I had no suspicion otherwise - it's just that there are a few MA mods, and I didn't even know it was ACA. What does bypassing that diode do to the sound, since I've got your ear, man? I can solder, too, so I could put it back if it'd help the sound (an extra adapter isn't too big of a deal).

I don't believe that bypassing the diode does anything other than increase the voltage enough for a PSA adapter to power it. The earlier CS3s were ACA, and when I finished modding it, it would only work when powered by a battery, so I emailed MA and asked what to do. He wrote back:

Check to see if R32 and D10 have a resistor and a diode. If they do, remove
the components and add a jumper wire where each component was. In the
instructions I sent you will see that the newer CS3 already has the jumpers.
This increases the voltage to the circuit and will allow you to use a PSA
adapter with the pedal.

Wouldn't be hard to set it back to the original configuration, but with the resistor back in place, you'd end up with close to the same amount of voltage anyway.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Couple of things I wouldn't mind trading in for other... things.

* Pair of GFS Little Puncher Tele pickups. The neck is the XL width, which is needed for string spacing wider than 2 1/16". The regular width didn't work out on my MIM. About 6" of lead on the bridge and 12" on the neck. These are the "Modern Vintage" version.

* Alesis SR-16 Drum Machine with power adapter. Has stereo two sets of stereo outputs and a bunch of other features.

* Gibson Pickups - These came from my '97 Doublecut and have no markings on them, but I believe that they are a 490R and a 498T. Both with chrome or nickel tops. These have a metal braided grounding wire, and there isn't that much lead on them. Probably about 5"/8" ground/hot wire on the bridge and 9"/14" on the neck.

* M-Audio Firewire Audiophile 2496 audio interface. Powered by the Firewire bus (which is good because I don't have the power adapter), 2 analog ins, 4 analog outs, MIDI in/out, S/PDIF in/out, and a headphone jack on the front. A great little interface for recording solo music or digitizing records and tapes. The last version of the Mac drivers I used were actually pretty decent and I was using this right up until last month when my iBook died, taking the last working Firewire port in our house with it.

Stuff I'm looking for: Specifically, I'm looking for a hardshell PRS/Ibanez/generic style guitar case, a decent guitar strap, and I can always use more good instrument cables.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 5, 2009

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Anyone in the market for a Boss RV-5 reverb pedal? I picked one up in a trade a while ago and haven't had as much use for it as I had envisioned.

Likewise, if anyone has an SM57 that they'd like to sell, I'd most likely be all over that poo poo.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: nvm

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 24, 2009

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'm going to be coming into possession of a Peavey 5150 4x12 slant-top cabinet some time this week that I really have no use for (it's part of a sale that the seller doesn't want to split up). It looks to be in very good condition and I'd rather not ship it. If anyone in the NY/NJ/CT area is interested, PM or IM me at notbisticles and we'll figure out details.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 8, 2009

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: n/m, think I have to keep this :)

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 13, 2009

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: gone :)

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 20, 2009

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

theDoubleH posted:

I just bought a Tascam US-1641 - I was hoping the Vista x64 drivers would work with Windows 7 x64, but alas, they did not.

I've got one of those too. I've used it mostly for project by myself where I'm only doing 1-2 tracks at a time, but the one time I used it with the band, running 12 tracks, it performed very nicely. Just make sure it's got plenty of room to breathe. Once you get over 8 tracks, it really starts heating up.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I've got a extra VisualSound 1-Spot adapter and 8-plug cable if anybody wants to trade for something interesting.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

getfuct posted:

i need a poweramp, like bad...

Peavey classic 60/60, 120/120, carvin T100, Mosvalve something or other...

edit:
and a 6 space rack

Where are you? I've got an SKB 6U rack and a Crown XLS402 poweramp if you're interested. It's not tube, but it's loud as balls.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

1997 Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway Studio in Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish. An interesting guitar, it's quite a bit thinner and lighter than a standard singlecut. The top is contoured slightly, with the sides shaved down, and there is a belly contour on the backside.

The original pickups have been replaced with a Seymour Duncan '59n in the neck and an SD SH-12 Screamin' Demon in the bridge. I actually tried out a lot of pickups in this guitar, and these are the ones that I came out liking the best. I don't have the originals.

The guitar has some wear. The lacquer on the headstock has begun to check and flake around the edges, and there's a chip where it looks like someone used pliers to cut their strings :facepalm:. There is also some very slight chipping of the lacquer on the topside of the neck where the fret markers are. This is very faint, but I noticed it last night, so I'm mentioning it here. You can see all of this in the pictures below. The back has its fair share of belt buckle scratches, and there is some minor fretwear on the thin-string side mostly between the 3rd and 9th frets, but the top is fairly clean. It was recently set up with 11's, and it's got a nice low/level action that's easy to play. A stripped-down Gibson model that you don't see too often, and definitely meant to be played. I'll include a Gibson gig bag.

I can sell it for $600 shipped/pp in the conus, although I'd rather straight-up trade it for something that sparks my fancy. Specifically, I'm jonesing for a classy-looking Jaguar in HH configuration. Good pickups and/or case are a big plus.

(larger detail)

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 19, 2010

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Gorilla Salsa posted:

would you be willing to accept cash for this, and if so, how much?

Right now, I'm mostly just looking for the right trade, although if I find something elsewhere, I might be open to selling.
edit: I could do $600 shipped

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 19, 2010

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

gone

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 16, 2010

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I've got a white set of G&L MFD pickups, all wired up to a 5-way switch, with volume/bass/treble knobs, and a mini toggle to turn on the B+N pickups (so you can do B+N and B+M+N). You just need to put them into a pickguard and wire up the output jack. They sounds great, just not what I need right now.

Looking for $100. Would also trade for an OCD v3/4.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Hamer777 posted:

Ive been wanting to trade my Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 channel solo head, no foot switch) for a Marshall Triple Super Lead head. I'm located in the Los Angeles area if anyone is interested.

I've got a TSL60 head that I'd trade for a Dual Rec. It's got the giant footswitch and everything. Only thing is, I'm in NY. If you'd want to trade and ship, let me know.

Picture

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Unfortunately, the more rare something is, the less record there is of it selling. If you can't find a completed auction on eBay or something, you're pretty much out of luck. You could always run an auction for it and then can it at the last minute.

Last year, I put a $40 Boss Acoustic Simulator up on Craigslist and said that I'd be interested in trades. A guy offered me a "weird old" pedal from his attic. I'll let the picture tell the rest.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

gypsyshred posted:

Holy crap! Howd it sound?

Like playing through a blown out speaker. It's a bass/keyboard pedal, and only really works with monophonic playing. Kind of cool to hear an early take on Distortion, but something that I'd never actually use.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

The TSL60 has shared controls for its lead and crunch channels, where the TSL100 gives all 3 channels its own knobs.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: off the market

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 16, 2010

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: sold!

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 22, 2010

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Agreed posted:

Sorry for the lack of followup on the list of poo poo for sale, since I decided to start a cleaning-out sale circumstances have shifted a bit in a positive way that made me have to consider how to go about it. Wife's going to help me get the list, prices and photographs together tomorrow. But, I'm going to end up putting a bunch on ebay on my dad's account in exchange for some work done to a car we're getting... Long story, the end result is a car that's much better on my back (hooray) and a rather more circuitous route selling pedals (boo) so that I can get him the money faster than would otherwise be possible. It will almost certainly mean that I can't give a week of SAML exclusivity before putting them on ebay but I will do what I can for the home team, so to speak.

Rats... I've been checking in on this thread for a while waiting for the list.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Posted a thread over in SA-Mart with some pedals:
DD-20, DC Brick, Pitchblack+, Supercomp, Dunlop Cowboy From Hell Wah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'm looking to sell/trade an older Agile guitar. This one is from before they changed the headstocks, and the body is also unchambered, which means that it's quite a bit heavier than you may expect. It doesn't have a specific model number as far as I can tell, probably like a 2800 or 3000 equivilant. It's got locking locking tuners and a snazzy non-stock pickguard. Neck pickup is a GFS Mean 90 P90 and the bridge is a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB humbucker. It's an unconventional combination, but I set it up for when I was playing in a party/wedding band and had to play everything from oldies to rock, which it handled very well.

No major dings or scratches other than a chip in the black lacquer in the headstock up by the nut. Very cool binding all around and vintage-style knobs.

Looking for $300 shipped or trade for a MIM strat in a color other than black or white. I'm picky like that.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 2, 2012