Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I've got an English-made Celestion V30 from before the Chinese factory switch in flawless condition (cosmetically and functionally). I was going to put it in a 1x12 for my THD Univalve, but decided I'd make a 2x12 instead and that'll let me use lower wattage speakers (thinking Greenbacks, or maybe something AlNiCo). I actually have three of these in the same perfect condition, and one which has a slight buzz around certain frequencies (think it needs a recone). I would definitely entertain offers for all three 100% ones, or the full 4x12 set if someone were interested.

I also have a Marshall Reflector Reverb Pedal, which sounds just lovely (I can record clips if anyone is interested) and which I will not be too disappointed if I have to hang on to it :) I'm starting a transition towards a post-processing orientation for some of my modulations, especially reverb, but then again this pedal has some great verbs on it and I wouldn't be too sad if I got to hang onto it. The Spring 2 mode is especially wonderful, spring reverb with a bit of warm plate dialed in as well. No other reverb pedal I've tried sounds as natural as this, it's more like adding to and expanding the fundamental guitar tone rather than tacking on a bright echo chamber aftwerwards.

I am considering saying farewell to a Peavey Windsor head in 10/10 mint condition, depends on what I am offered I suppose. It's awfully nice for the money, very "classic rock" on its own but boost it and you can get some great high gain tones out of it... Like a cross between the Marshall JCM900 and a Peavey 5150 when doing high gain tones, on its own more like a cross between the JCM800 and a Peavey Valveking. Very interesting sound. 100W EL34 power section for crunch when pushed.

I'll be happy to consider all offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Darth Fungus posted:

I doubt I'd have anything you would want, but I am very interested in that Reverb. Would you take straight cash?

I might, but it would be on down the line after I've had a chance to see what offers come around. Half the fun is shuffling gear, right? And like I said, I like it really well so it's not a high priority to move it along unless something piques my interest.

If I decide I do want to go ahead and outright sell it, I'll contact you first, though. Still, don't wait around for me to sell it, go find one - it's the best reverb pedal I've ever used, I highly recommend it if you need a pedal reverb. I tried it alongside a tube-driven spring reverb and the other pedal "main contenders" (except for the Line6 Verbzilla), and this one was easily the victor. Holy Grail, Holy Grail +, no thanks. Boss, yuck. No multieffects unit I've owned has had reverb this nice. The Holy Stain's on-board reverb wasn't nearly as good either (though that is still a cool pedal, mind you).

The reverbs on it sound as good as some of the impulse responses of actual spaces I've got on my studio computer. I don't have anything that sounds quite like Spring 2, and that's one I'll really miss if I can't find something like it.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 21, 2008

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I've decided I'm willing to let go of the Zoom G9.2tt (with original packaging, manuals, CD-Roms, etc.; plus a CD-rom I'll burn of all the software I've gathered for it) for $250 plus the actual cost of shipping (no bullshit S/H charges), or in trade for a current-gen software VST license (Guitar Rig 3 or Amplitube 2 preferred, as I'll be picking up Revalver MkIII when it comes out). I will consider other guitar gear offers, of course, worth ~$250.

The M-Audio Uno 1x1 USB MIDI interface can be added for $15 trade value, no extra shipping.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Just bumping with this because I first posted it on SA in this thread...

G9.2tt posts in this thread are outdated, current info in this SA-Mart thread.

Taking trade or cash offers on:

• Peavey Windsor Head (flawless condition, basically brand new, never been gigged)

• M-Audio Audio Buddy Mic Pre with Phantom Power (Willing to trade this for a Digitech Bad Monkey or a Nano Metal Muff)

• Limited Run George Lynch Dragon Wah, original packaging, all documents, flawless

• Marshall RF-1 Reflector Reverb Pedal

• Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive

• THD Univalve Head (Would have to be a pretty damned enticing offer to get me to part with this great little gem, though!)

Just let me know if you're interested. :)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

BizarroBrian posted:

Just posted a thread in SA-Mart selling a Wasabi Distortion & Marshall VT-1 VibraTrem as a bundle for $75. Both are 100% working. Both have velcro on the bottoms as they were part of my pedalboard.

I know you're packaging that, any chance you'd break it up though? I'm interested in the Distortion and totally disinterested in the Vibratrem.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I don't know, are you looking for anything specific in trades? I've got a mic pre I'd be happy to send your way for it. If it's cash only, let's take it to PMs and talk turkey :)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

AE posted:

Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah - original packaging, power supply - Absolutely perfect condition. It's a switchless wah, so you just step on it and it works, and when you stop using it, it turns off. I've taken it out of the package, which I still have, three times only to find out that wah playing does not fit my style. Comes with the Morley 9V power supply. I'm open to cash or trade offers.

Anything particular you're looking for? I'm trying to replace my George Lynch Dragon Wah on my board since I have a feeling it's going to become a collector's item :q:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Admiral Crunch posted:

I have a gfs lipstick tube humbucker, a marshall dfx100 combo amp and a digitech bp-80 bass pedal with an expression pedal, all up for trade.

Anything in particular you're interested in? I might want to take the MG100DFX off your hands, I've heard some positive words from a fellow SS Marshall fan that they can sound awesome with the right speakers and some time spent tweaking. Plus I need a practice amp.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

PM me with an asking price and I'll see what I can come up with for an offer. I don't really want to trade the Windsor head for an amp I'm going to be using as a "beater," because the Windsor is a drat solid go-to piece of hardware that makes anything you plug into it really, really loud... and it's still on month 6 of a 5-year warranty. But I do have other things, and I am interested, so if you can give me a ballpark of what you think it's worth I'll see what I can do.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Stux posted:

No offense to admiral crunch, but that amp, and MGs in general, is terrible and I can't imagine how much of it you would have to change and tweak to get a decent sound out of it.

That's been my experience in the past, but a person I respect has recently told me that the higher-power MGs suffer primarily from a poor speaker and, when their crappy speaker is replaced, show their heritage from the older Marshall SS amps (specifically from the 8200-era Valvestates). I won't be giving anything for it that I can't live without. I am a fan of SS amplification technology, as you might remember from previous discussions, and Marshall has made some good stuff in the past. I have a feeling that there are good high-gain tones in this amplifier that need coaxing and attention to get out, and I've got the tools and the know-how to work with it and see what I can do.

Plus, it's going to be a beater that I can lug around in the back of my car, something I am sorely lacking right now given that I have, right now, a Randall RG120PH (late 1970s Randall SS 1x15 closed back combo in nearly mint condition), a THD Univalve, and a Peavey Windsor. The Randall will not be put in danger; the THD is an incredible amp but it is for recording and jamming at the house only; the Windsor is hooked up to an oversized Trace Elliot 4x12 and between the two of them, trying to move that setup... I'm pretty sure my 4 lumbar herniated discs would just go ahead and explode through my spine completely.

I need an amp that I can move without fear of becoming bedridden, that is durable and generally trouble-free, and that sounds good enough for me to be inspired. I trust my tools, my ear, and my tone sensibilities to ensure the third condition, and the first and second are just characteristics of the amp (though I'll have to put casters on).

It's not finalized, we're still in talks, but I'm not necessarily turned off of the purchase by its bad reputation. I quite like some gear that I've heard other people talk endless poo poo about (and sometimes, the same people like it too before I tell them it was used in the clip).

He'll be giving me some clips tomorrow, which will help me think about it further.

I do appreciate you looking out for me, though. I'll keep your advice in mind.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 17, 2008

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I'm always happy to post gear clips. If it all goes through, I'll definitely make some recordings along the way. While trying to figure out if I definitely do or don't want it (and he is being quite amenable in that regard, answering even the silliest question I have about the amp), I'm also trying to figure out what speaker would be most appropriate. I'm pretty sure it's a 1x12, though I haven't heard back on that just yet, so it'll have to be pretty hefty, whatever it is. Maybe an Emminence Swamp Thang, they have a good tone for higher gain stuff and they're built to withstand a lot of power. I've got a lot of thinking to do on it, that's for sure, but like I said, I do appreciate you having my back on it - if I hadn't known what I was getting into (on purpose :)), it would have helped me avoid a possible mistake.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

My Zoom G9.2tt is back up for offer, for a very limited time. I would be willing to trade this for a Marshall MG100HDFX or MG100DFX specifically, but any guitar-related offer is considered until the putting-it-on-ebay deadline.

Same goes for my Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah, original packaging, all original papers (including the free subscription to the George Lynch online guitar dojo). Flawless shape, including the autograph.

Also considering offers for my Peavey Windsor Head and, if there are any Central Arkansas locals, my Trace Elliot oversized 4x12 with two English V30s and two American Vet30s, switchable stereo operation at 8ohm/8ohm or mono at 16ohm/4ohm - shipping is just more trouble than its worth for a cab, though, usually over $100. Still, if you want to pay it, I'll ship, I guess. It still isn't a very good idea - places like MF can sell you a new cab for just a bit more than I can ship this one...

If anyone is interested, let me know as quickly as you can, please, because after two months of deal insecurity limbo (not just here, but on HC as well - even established sellers can engage in some bizarre behavior, apparently!) I'm almost forum deal'd out. I crave the sweet succor of an authoritative third party in arbitrating disputes and securing a contract :q:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 19, 2008

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I guess I ought to post it here, too - my Zoom G9.2tt is back on the market, if anyone has an offer I'll consider it. I don't need anything specific, though I think I'd like a good digital or analog delay, or a pedalboard. Cash is fine, too, of course. PM me.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone have a Holy Stain up for trade? I've got some stuff that's spending time sitting and I'd be willing to negotiate.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

hamaien posted:

I've got one, don't know if I want to trade it. What do you have to offer?

Is there anything in particular you're after? And, would you be interested in cash (and how much, if so)?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

FlossMan posted:

I'd avoid one of those. Yeah, they make cool sounds, but it's kind of clunky and not really "useful," per se.

This coming from a guy who owned one.

I know what I'm getting into :)

Thanks for the thought, though.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If it's that new, you probably ought to just keep it and spend some time getting to know it. Why trade something you've only just bought, unless you really don't like it? The Holy Stain's "Fuzz" mode is one of the better sounding medium-high gain fuzz tones I've heard from a pedal, just awesome with a touch of its reverb.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

What're you looking for on the LBM?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Both 3toes and I asked what you wanted for it, and you didn't reply.

I asked first tell me first tell me first let me buy it let me buy it

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

ZombiePeanut posted:

4 Posts down from your question.

:colbert:

Oh snap, I missed that poo poo, sorry.

Still, I'm going to have to pass at $60. It's only $70 shipped new, you know? Maybe 3toes'll hit you up on it.

On an unrelated note, you should be interested in the Cool Cat Fuzz. Homina homina homina, what a pedal. I've got clips ready to upload, I just haven't had the bandwidth to do so lately. Back to college next week, so at the latest that's when I'll get around to upping them - hopefully it won't be that long, though.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Anything particular you're interested in? I'm in a trading mood, too, right now, so I've got quite a few that I'd be comfortable parting with.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Let me go home and think on it.

Don't go trading that for a Cool Cat Fuzz, the Fuzz is only like $25 or $30.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

ZombiePeanut posted:

So, uh, agreed, did you find anything you wanted to trade me for the little big muff?

Er, no, I didn't. Sorry. The only things I'm not plugging in right now are things I still want to keep around for recording, plus I doubt you'd use the ones I'd be most willing to part with (and the others are way more expensive than a LBM).

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

mit_senf posted:

I still have my PODxt up for trade or sale, and now I got a couple pedals too, A Proco Rat 2, and an EHX Germanium OD.

Looking for other pedals or cash probably, but offer away and we'll see if I'm interested!

I've been wanting to try one of those EHX Germanium ODs, what're you looking for in trade?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Daughter posted:

Schecter Ultra--315 obo
Hyper Fuzz--75 obo
Super Phaser--40 obo
Super Chorus--45 obo
DS-1 Distortion w/ box--30 obo
Vox Wah--45 obo
ZVEX Box of Rock, this is the hand painted, hand made version and not the Vexter Series. Comes with box and everything that came in it--225 obo
ARTcessories A/B Switch--25 obo
BBE Sonic Maximizer--30 obo

If you still have some of this stuff later this month, I am going to buy a lot of it. Especially that Schecter. But don't hold it.

Unless, of course, you'd want to trade the Schecter? I've got some pretty nice pedals that are sitting around, I would be happy to turn them into a guitar.

mit_senf posted:

EHX Germanium OD.

mit_senf posted:

Well specifically I've been looking at a Micro POG, Lovepedal Vibe, Crybaby 95q, and Ibanez Tube King. If you have something else that's interesting though I will consider it!

If you were translating it into a cash value for trade purposes, what would it be? I don't have any of those specific things, but I have some stuff that you might like. I need a ballpark dollar value before I try to figure out what to offer, though. Sorry for the trouble.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

hamaien posted:

A Micro POG is only $10 short of a DD-20 so that's the most I can compensate.

The Holy Stain is most likely already sold (to someone who's habit I shouldn't be facilitating :arghfist: )

Pedal blues in G

I got a monkey on my back, man, it never leave me alone
I got a monkey on my back, aw! Never gonna leave me 'lone!
I got a monkey, named pedalmania, it done follow me home

one more time, now...

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I'm definitely interested, what's cash value on that so I can get an idea of how to offer?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Daughter posted:

1973 Marshall MK II Super Lead 100w Plexi Head - HANDWIRED

I would like to sell this, but will entertain trades. Let me know what you have or make a reasonable offer.

This amp was built in 1973 and it is based on the legendary 1959 Super Lead Plexi design. Amp was sent to Mr. David Bray, who performed a "Mod One" with the post-phase inverter master volume modification on it, which is totally reversible if you so desire. This modification involves using one of the rear speaker outputs to mount a MASTER VOLUME control. If you've never had the opportunity to play one of these, you are going to be AMAZED! This master volume control lets you max out both gains on the front panel and control the main output seperately. That means you get full-volume Marshall tone at bedroom volume levels.

Here's a link to the David Bray website so you can hear what his mods sound like:

http://www.davidbrayamps.com/

I have a question. How does that allow you to get the "full Marshall tone" at bedroom volume levels? Is the master volume some kind of resisting attenuator, or is it just a potentiometer? Is it an installed master volume as we think of it in modern circuits, which attenuates the signal between the preamp and the power amp, or is it a genuine attenuator which allows you to get the power tubes cooking (since that's pretty much central to the "full Marshall tone")?

Sorry to bother you, but that matters a lot to me...

Edit: Reading his description on the site, it definitely seems to be a traditional potentiometer master volume control before the power amp, although there might be more to the circuit than that if it has some kind of tonal impact (or there might not - hard to tell without seeing what he's actually doing). So it's kind of like the "master volume controls" you can buy on eBay, where it's a pot wired up in a box to go in your effects loop - doesn't actually impact the power amp.

BUT, on an amp like that, which normally wouldn't have any ability to just get the preamp cooking on its own without a modification, I can definitely see it adding some tonal flexibility. Individually adjusting the preamp gain and the amplitude of the post-preamp signal is what modern amps allow you to do, and it's helpful in dialing in the right level and right kind of dirt. I guess that'd be useful on a Plexi, too.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 11, 2008

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I'm trying to downsize my pedal collection since I've gone digital-shmigital, so I'm going to put out a few lures and see if there are any bites. Some unique ones first.

For now, I'm interested in selling or trading my Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah, which has all of the original packaging and paperwork (including the free George Lynch Guitar Dojo thingamajig). Only 250 of 'em made for American sale, and highly limited quantities worldwide. This is the best sounding wah that I have ever used, but I am afraid to use it because I think of it as too much of a collectible. Hopefully a prospective buyer would either want it just as a collectible, or not be afraid of stepping on things that other folks collect. Either way, it'd be a better fit than me, who is not a collector and who loves the sound of the wah, but yet feels strangely unwilling to put my shoes to use.

What else... How about my Aramat Mojo Fuzz? This one is a real gem, a hand-wired Fuzz Face-based pedal with some tweaks, built around what Keith insisted are NOS germanium transistors. Past tense, the guy passed away a few months back, unfortunately... But he made outstanding stuff while he was alive. This is a fantastic pedal, easily the best Fuzz Face-type I've ever played. An extra feature over the regular Fuzz Face is the "Mojo" knob, which is a sort of additional gain control that affects when and how intensely the pedal clips, and alters the fuzz character. High mojo and high Fuzz settings gives a sputtery, square wave spittin' sound that's still on the side of "controllable" compared to, say, a Fuzz Factory. Any range of fuzz textures are available from this excellent pedal, and you can utterly control the output with your volume knob and/or picking intensity. Germanium sounds lovely but you'll also get to know how cantankerous it can be. Try putting the pedal in your freezer for an ultra high-gain fuzz sound, for about 5 minutes or until it warms up.

Finally (for now) I will take offers on a Zoom Tri-Metal in very good condition, with the original box and warranty card (which of course is of no use to anybody, but hey, it's there). If you don't know about the Zoom Tri-Metal, check it out on Harmony Central user reviews. It's heavy as hell, all analog, quiet as a mouse... It's everything a Boss Metalzone should be, if the engineers at Boss were into heavier music. Note: Does not sound like a Boss Metalzone. If you've ever had the chance to play this pedal, then you know that brutal high gain can come from a little metal box.

magnificent7 posted:

I still have my Ibanez Artcore Semi-Hollowbody (see it on the first or second page). I don't know how much you're wanting for the SG (do you still have it?) but I'd love to trade. It's got GFS pickups in it so that pumps up the value to somewhere between $350 and $400 if I held out. I know I know you have a classic SG. But hey, it don't hurt to ask.

I was certain this was going to be some newbie to guitar who didn't get it, but then I saw that it was you. I have a feeling you will soon learn the audacity of "nope." Still, characteristically ballsy of you to ask :q:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

the wizards beard posted:

It's a long shot, but these are rare, so would you be able to look up shipping to Ireland? The euro is still doing well, I'm curious as to how frightening s&h would be.

I'm willing to ship anywhere in the world, but it's at the buyer's expense outside of the U.S. I'll check it out for you, though. I'm going to need something a little bit more specific than "Ireland," could you PM me an address? And what you were thinking about as an offer (I assume coin rather than trade, given the shipping hassles?).

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Golden War posted:

I have an EBS Octabass pedal that I might be willing to trade for a similar quality bass chorus unit.

Before you sell or trade that, check out the Danelectro Cool Cat chorus. It's got depth, speed, mix, and EQ controls. I imagine that judicious application of the mix and EQ would get you where you want to be for bass chorusing.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I am also interested in the compressor, and in the V8. What are you looking for? I will defer to Los Padre for the comp since he got in first if he is willing to pay what you're asking.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Well I've definitely got trades, heh, I think I've got around 40 pedals now. Any way you can help me narrow down what to offer? Anything you're looking for?

I'd also pay cash if you decide you'd rather have that.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

DO I?

Well, a few anyway, yeah, but they're some of my favorite pedals so I am reticent to part with 'em. I could (reluctantly) let go of my Mellowtone Singing Tree OD, which is a pretty killer fuzz that will do some cool square wave stuff when you open it up, put a phaser after it to sound like an '80s synth. And you can bring it down to overdrive levels with your volume knob, too.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

hamaien posted:

You guys still interested? This offer is back on the table.

Yes, I am still quite interested in the compressor, and I think it's been long enough without a word that I can consider myself first in line for it, if that's alright with you. Can you speak on exactly what MA mods were done to it, please? I'll probably buy it from you outright if you can hang on for a week or so for me to get the spendin' cash together. I wish you would have mentioned it this morning because I just bought a chorus pedal I don't even really need, heh.

Edit: I called MF and stopped shipment on the chorus, hopefully it'll be successful and stop it from going out. Otherwise if it does get mailed out I have to refuse shipment and I won't get the money back until they receive it back. But I'll take it, whenever I get the money back in my account. Shoot me a PM, please.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 23, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

bisticles posted:

Assuming this is the CS3 that I traded hamaien, it's the Monte Allums Opto Mod kit. I did all of the soldering and bypassed one of the diodes so that you can use a regular PSA-style adapter rather than just the older ACA-style ones. It's a documented mod, not just a hack.

I wasn't at all saying it wasn't, Monte Allums is a well respected mod kit maker/seller so I had no suspicion otherwise - it's just that there are a few MA mods, and I didn't even know it was ACA. What does bypassing that diode do to the sound, since I've got your ear, man? I can solder, too, so I could put it back if it'd help the sound (an extra adapter isn't too big of a deal).

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

So it's both Opto-Modded and also modded to PSA spec. Sounds fine to me, then. Hamaien, I shot you a PM, looking forward to hearing back from you.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If you're still interested, I'll let you have it, man. No worries. He hasn't got back to me anyway, and I'd be better off using the money to get my wife a little birthday present :)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Los Padre posted:

Up to you, man. I thought you already got her one of those crazy electric uprights, if I remember... I'll send a pm, am definitely interested.

That was for Christmas, Valentine's, and Being The Best Wife in the World. I don't think it gets me through Birthday too. She got me the Hendrix Experience on SD Card, kind of neat. All yours, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

nelsocracy, can you throw out ballpark price figures on those so people can get an idea of what you're looking for in trade?

MasterWerk posted:

$100 shipped. Would also be willing to trade this + cash for a memory man w/ hazarai, holy grail type reverb or some other echo, delay or reverb. Holler with offers!

This is tempting me madly. Can you point me to some more clips of it?

I have a Marshall Reflector reverb which appears to have been discontinued now, in excellent shape (I take really good care of my gear) and which has an outstanding tone, very "real" rather than fake and brittle. 6 reverb modes, all of which have their uses, stand-out favorites of mine being Plate, Spring+Plate, and Hall, with three-parameter control for thorough tweaking.

I am not sure if I want to trade or not (I also have a SMMH, but you'll pry that from my cold dead hands). I have so much dirt, and this is the best sounding reverb I've ever used, but I love Catalinbread the company and I think I could find a place for that in my signal chain for sure, it seems to have a tone I'd really get along with.

Could you give me some more info on it?