Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I'm actually sick of my goddamned Dan-os after finding out the owner of the company supported prop 8 with some of the profit ($15,000 or so). Haven't been able to play them since, knowing that given the timing of me purchasing them, though only a small bit some of my money helped hate win.

I'd be happy to move them out, both because I am uncomfortable playing signs of my own irresponsibility and failure to find out where my money was going, and because it denies Dan-o further sales since if you get some of these you won't be getting them new.

Got PMs? Let's talk turkey, amigo.

Oh, by the way, these are the first ones. After the big cloning debacle where Dan-o was outed as having cloned a bunch of boutiques currently made by small builders (PaulC, Frantone, Fulltone at least - probably others as well) they have claimed they're making all new designs. Well, these are clones of killer pedals, which though ethically questionable does insure they have a great sound, which may well be compromised in the future units. So there's something a little bit special about the ones that people have now, and by extension I guess about mine, although for the reasons above I am not exactly proud of my Dan-os right now.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 29, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I understand, man. I've only in the last year really started worrying about where the stuff I get comes from, the problem is that you really CAN'T get away from China hardly at all. I try but sourcing electronic components entirely free from Chinese production is almost impossible. So I have to make something of an exception for China even though their human rights record is disheartening. I don't fault them as much for their business practices or their environmental practices, not because I agree with them (holy poo poo, I wish they'd stop, our efforts are nothing if they don't stop) but because they are doing what they do precisely because U.S. industry and consumers give them huge amounts of cash to do it. We can't really have our cake and eat it too on that one, so though I try to avoid "Made in China" I don't do it nearly as rigorously since even "Made in the U.S.A." stuff still has Chinese components. But if I learn of specific companies doing specifically heinous poo poo, I won't give them my money to fund it.

Ethics is hard and consistency is impossible, but the lack of a perfect solution isn't an excuse to quit. Luckily buying used is good as far as avoiding fiscal contribution to unethical practices goes.

I don't mean to get off into this tangent, I apologize for crapping up the thread with ethics and politics. All in the service of gear, I promise...

Emailing you back now, man. I think we can work something out that will be mutually beneficial.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Well, I hate to derail this thread any further with political stuff - but the way I've chosen to deal with it is basically to try to get the word out, like I'm doing here. I've had a few PMs from people who didn't know before and now they do. The lack of information on these practices with other companies doesn't change the fact that when we do have the information, our actions become imbued with more moral weight. One can be fooled, but when ignorance isn't a factor, one is either complicit or not, if you understand what I mean.

And, like I said, since last year I've been paying attention to where I buy from. It isn't as hard as you'd think, the big problem as I remarked is the inability to avoid China. Even excusing business practices which the U.S. and others largely require in order to continue funding China's economy (after all, it wouldn't be nearly as competitive if they had to clean up their environmental practices, etc.)... its history of human rights abuses, outright suppression of information, corruption, labor oppression, etc. make the whole effort a real problem if you can't control for that factor. And on top of that China has the world's second highest prison population, between 300 and 700 people for every 100,000. So a product incorporating Chinese electronics is tough to justify if you're going to try to make purchasing decisions based on some kind of ethical framework.

Oh, but the highest being the U.S. with greater than 700 people for every 100,000, and lately we haven't exactly been moral heroes on the world stage either, so Made In The U.S.A. is better for some reasons, but by no means for all.

Ethics is hard, no doubt about it, I understand why most people just try not too worry too much about it. It's a big game of shoots and ladders made hugely more complex and with drastic implications for our lives and the lives of others. If it was easy everyone would do it.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 29, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Alright, time to fully divest from Dan-o.

Up for sale or trade, along with what they cost me when I bought them before any taxes or shipping.

A Cool Cat Package, all cool cat pedals first gen:

Cool Cat Distortion, cost me $40
Cool Cat Metal-I, cost me $40
Cool Cat Metal-II, cost me $30
Cool Cat Chorus, cost me $50
Cool Cat Pedalboard, cost me $80
And to fill out the 5-space, 5-daisy chain pedalboard,
Fish n' Chips EQ, cost me $30.

Total cost to me for these was $270. I am not looking to get $270 out of them, obviously, but I would like to recoup a fair amount. I'm asking $168 or best offer, cash or trade. All of them except the EQ come in the original packaging with docs intact, and all of them are in superb condition as I really take care of my stuff. The pedalboard fits all of the Cool Cats and the FAB pedals as well. The small food series pedals do not clip down (that includes the Fish n' Chips), but when the pedalboard is closed they do not move around, so it's pretty much just as good. The pedalboard includes the cabling, both audio and power, as well as the adapter that provides the power in the first place. I'd prefer not to part these out, as they form a very solid foundation for someone's sound and the enclosure houses and powers all of them; take any part of the equation out and it's just less useful, in my opinion, but together it's a whole new perspective on tone at what I think is a reasonable price.

The now discontinued Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive, cost me around $40 last go around at Mf. These were normally much more expensive but MusiciansFriend had a round of sales and these came up on clearance a couple times and I bought one each time. This is one of my favorite overdrives and I will be genuinely sorry to see it go but it is a sign of my irresponsibility. I won't ask to profit from it, either, just looking to get close to what I paid for it: $37.

Also discontinued Danelectro Wasabi Distortion, I traded for this one and I don't remember how much it cost. Looking for $48 out of it, or best offer.

I'll let the Wasabi OD and Wasabi Distortion go together for $76. The pair makes an extremely interesting combination with a wide range of sounds. I don't like seeing them go but it's something I've got to do.

Danelectro DD-1 Fab Tone Distortion, which cost me $50, looking for $30. This one's an interesting pedal; it's sort of like a Metal Muff, in a way. Not in how it sounds, mind you, but in its story. The Metal Muff uses the clipping stages of the DOD/Digitech Grunge part-for-part, but uses very different input, output and tone shaping circuitry to achieve a notably distinct tone. The Fab Tone Distortion uses clipping "very similar indeed" to the Metalzone, but has a totally different tone stack and the end result is more like a super high gain fuzz pedal than any kind of focused distortion. On its own, its sound has been used by some pretty cool bands for a big wall of distortion sound, as unlike many distortions it is extremely high bandwidth and so doesn't sound totally compressed even though it is mega high-gain. However, put an EQ after it and you have a really, really versatile pedal that is a total steal.

Speaking of which, the last Dan-o in my posession: another Fish n' Chips EQ, again cost me $30. For $48 I'll give you the Fab Tone and this other Fish n' Chips, which as I just mentioned will give you a knock-out range of high gain tones that people won't believe you're using inexpensive Danelectro pedals to get.

Help me get rid of these, and avoid buying new Dan-o pedals (if you care about their politics, anyway).

I guess since the theme of this is packages, I'll sell the whole shebang together at an even steeper discount. All together, they cost me around $440. I'd do $268 for everything, or best offer - and I'd sweeten the pot with something else, too, depending on if anyone's interested in that offer.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 5, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Sure thing, man. I figured if I priced them to move, they would. You'll get a hell of a lot out of these pedals, I certainly did. They'll be considered on hold 'til you let me know, alright?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I ship big boxes all the time, this will be a fairly sizeable box though. Hrm. I don't imagine shipping could POSSIBLY be more than $40 for it, insured; I've shipped guitars and they don't usually run more than $25 or so. How about $25 S&H and if it costs more than that I'll pay for it?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I have half a mind to buy that from you, Raze, I LOVE my Special 212II, one of the best sounding solid-state amps ever. The Boost channel if I remember right is just awesome, really dynamic...

Someone should snap that up, if you ask me, it's a hell of an amp.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Raze posted:

You're the reason I sought it out/bought it initially! You had suggested one in some old amp thread and I found one at a music-go-round near me. :)
On another note: I have some old distortion pedals I never use anymore and a Rocktron Pro GAP Ultra preamp if you're interested in that sort of stuff, Agreed.

PM me, man, I'll be happy to talk it over. Especially interested in that preamp, I've been really digging old rack pres lately :confused:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If I weren't going to be getting a Rocktron unit fairly soon thanks to another dude here, I'd be all over that Utopia if the price is reasonable. One of the best sounding small format floor modelers. Very cool unit.

In fact... Well, what do you want for it, out of curiosity? Trades? :q:

Edit: "Mic oriented digital audio interfaces and pedals," does that mean "1. Mic oriented digital audio interfaces and 2. Pedals" or do the pedals have to have something to do with microphones?

Agreed fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 22, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I had one of the coolest high-gain sounds I've ever had out of a stock Boss MT-2 into a Peavey Transtube Special 212II (the top Transtube amp before the XXL). Something about that amp made it sound absolutely fantastic, totally monstrous and distinct. It blew my fuckin' mind that I couldn't even come close with any other amp, when I took it to the store to try out amps when I was ready to upgrade it honestly sounded like the usual pejoratives - "a can of bees," total fizz machine. But into the Special 212II, even my guitarist buds freaked out over it because it sounded straight up brutal.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

You could give him dibs on it, or I could trade you like $600 worth of stuff. Cutthroat in the streets, plester1, I came to bang - did you? :mad:

Seriously though I want that, plester gets first shot of course but if you guys don't work something out, talk to me please? You could have a pretty kickin' pedal setup, or some recording gear, or...

:)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Nah, I'm wiley but I ain't clownin' like dat. He called dibs, he gets dibs. 'Til they work something out or don't, I offer zero dollars.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I do appreciate you having pitched that to me first, but I'm going to wait around on it and see if anyone else moves in. While I would have bought that Tele in a heartbeat at the price and with the features, the G&L (as much as I love the Honeyburst Legacy) would be a redundant guitar in my collection and thus not a wise purchase given that I've got some other commitments coming up. But if it's still around after awhile then I might talk to you.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Haha, it's no problem, man. Someone had to get the deal, you had as much right to it as I did and you got there first. :) I'm sure you'll make music with it, probably more than I would anyway since I've got a few more guitars than I really need right now. That one would be competing with my Gibson Marauder, their attempt at competing with the hum/single Tele, but with Bill Lawrence designed pups, and instead of the traditional Tele long six-pole it has a sassy blade pickup in the bridge. As much as I love this guitar, if I had got that one I can't promise that I'd have played it often enough to justify it, which hopefully isn't the case with you.

And I don't ever intend to inspire jealousy, I avoid posting a list of my stuff and my hope is that there isn't someone out there keeping one and making fun of me every time I get new gear :D In gear whorage I am certified and guilty as charged. Happy as charged, too, I love this stuff and it's great fun to play through.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I can vouch that the Tube King is a great sounding pedal, someone should check it out. Especially if he's offering a deal.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

You ought to think about the Bluesbreaker. It's worth about what I paid for my Tube King, used, and it fits your description of the pedal you want very well. The very well regarded Analogman King of Tone is a modified pair of Bluesbreakers in series. It is an extremely good sounding, versatile overdrive that can go from a pretty much clean "warming" boost with the gain low and volume high to some classic rock lighter crunch at higher settings.

A Bluesbreaker plus a little cash would be fair, and I think you'd be quite happy with the results you'd get from the BB.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

the wizards beard posted:

Good to hear, the Tubeking handles lower tunings nicely which was a cool surprise.

Try tuning your amp quite bright and keeping the EQ on the Tube King at or before noon to take it back a bit, gain no higher than noon. I like mine this way a lot.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Yeah, the Tube King is probably the most versatile one-trick-pony ever. It has a pretty characteristic, dark/thick distortion but with surprisingly good definition in the upper midrange/lower treble which makes it work with more than just power chords and stay together for quick leads. Its eq are not, in my opinion, very well tuned for most amps which is why I recommend using them just for cutting rather than boosting, or else you'll find yourself making your amp honk instead of scream.

Zakalwe posted:

The BB2 I got from TWB is filling my overdrive slot nicely right now. Anything else you've got?

Glad to hear you're digging the BB, know it wasn't my trade but I'm happy to hear that something I recommended worked out for both of you.

The BB is an extremely versatile overdrive, I think you'll get a lot of use out of it. Try it AFTER distortion for some interesting results, too.

I'm thinking about putting my Aramat Mojo Fuzz up for trade. It was made by a small builder who had started to come to real prominence, had some bigger artists touring his pedals... This is his take on the Fuzz Face circuit, with hand-matched GE transistors and an external bias adjustment called "Mojo" which makes it extremely versatile compared to your average Fuzz Face. He was a great guy and a great builder, and this is the best sounding GE Fuzz Face I've ever used. The prices on them was $130 new when he was making them, and since he lost the fight against cancer last year the prices on his stuff have started to go up quite a bit. I'm not interested in profiteering on his legacy, so I'm not selling it for cash - I would only be interested in trading it for another pedal, preferably something with an interesting story.

I was supposed to get a couple of early prototypes of some new designs he had, but the shipment never made it out the door and I learned later that week that he had passed away. I enjoyed corresponding with him - he was feisty and passionate, and never gave up his love for music and for making tools to make more of it. R.I.P. Keith.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

That really sucks, man. I hope you get those sold and get back on your feet.

We've had some unexpected expenses here, too, and now I'm going to have to try to raise about a thousand bucks, which means culling my gear collection. This is going to suck but we've got to have the money to move next month. Look for some good deals on uncommonly good pedals over the next couple weeks, guys.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Vouching for Profbx, he's done me many a solid and is a great, trustworthy guy.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Out on the Porch posted:

Hey Agreed, do you think there's a huge difference between the Cool Cat Fuzz and the Boss Blues Driver BD-2? I own the BD-2 right now and I'm finding I don't really use it because I use the maxon for boosts (didn't really appreciate this pedal until I started playing with a band, and realizing the necessity to stand out for solos and what not), but the BD-2's high drive settings I find not to be that great. It sounds sorta cheap imo. Maybe I'm using it wrong?

Anyways I bring that up because I'm thinking of offering it up for trade. Also Agreed I don't remember if I ever thanked you for awhile back when you recommended the Peavey Classic 30 to me when I was looking for an amp for my newly purchased Strat. I picked up the classic 30 and it is absolutely amazing, thank you for your help!

Just saw this, I'll comment on it when I get settled down when I get to my in-laws'. Been over at the house but it's time for me to go; just wanted you to know I have seen it now and I'll respond. Short answer big difference.

Edit: Okay, the Cool Cat Fuzz is a clone of the now defunct Peachfuzz from Frantone, which - at the time of Frantone's closing earlier this year - was priced at $300 new, and which is well-regarded in the boutique pedal community for its thick, woolly (Webster: lacking in clearness or sharpness of outline) texture with tons of gain and low-end, controllable with an effective tone control to your tastes.

The BD-2 is a great, relatively transparent (somewhat mid boosted but not much) overdrive that aims for a "your sound, but with more grit" effect. It's in my opinion one of the best sounding Boss pedals, stock, and many like the mods that are available for it; personally I don't think it needs anything to sound superb. Very well designed and interesting pedal.

The two are not much alike at all, and if you're looking to branch out, the Cool Cat Fuzz would be a good way to get into a totally different genre of dirt - careful, though, fuzz is kind of an addiction once you get into it.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 30, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

edit: deprecated, see new thread in ML

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 5, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

Wow, I'm really considering grabbing those to replace the stock middle and neck pickups in my Highway One Strat.

Sorry, I think the Lace Gold is sold. If you still want the Duckbucker, let me know.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

edit: deprecated, see new thread in ML

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 5, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

An uglier version of that tele was my favorite guitar in the shop at one of the local shops where I went to college. I was so sad when they sold it, it played like a dream and sounded awesome.

And now I am sad because I can't afford one that looks better. :(

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Justus, Draesk, I love you both and I will not have you fighting, stop this instant.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Yeah, I was even planning to buy one but then I checked the finances and realized I probably won't be picking anything up for awhile. Trying to catch up to the sacrifices we had to make to finance the move, it's more likely I'll need to sell more stuff than buy anything. It looks like a really nice pedal, though, I think I'd much prefer one of those to the DMM proper - seems like it can get more aggressive and I dig it.

Still getting my new poo poo fix thanks to the whole reviewing gig, still scratches the itch even when you've gotta send them back afterwards :3: Though I'm kind of liking the idea of downsizing, selling off a bunch of stuff before the move helped me realize I had been collecting way too much in a sort of non-musical consumerist way that I think does more to hurt creativity than help it. Expect a big post some time this month with all kinds of stuff for sale. Just going to hang onto the things that do things other things don't do at all, and sentimental pedals (e.g. my Satchurator, my grandmother got it for me last Christmas and I took care of her for the last six months of her life, she died a day after my birthday in March - I'll never sell that pedal, of course it doesn't exactly hurt that I like how it sounds a lot either... or my FuzzHugger pedals, including the custom one that he made for me that does more and different things than any other pedal he's ever made, even called it my signature pedal as a joke). Should be able to thin the herd by half, hopefully, and the money will help us pay back some friends and family who really came through for us when times were tough.

The move from being precious about gear to treating stuff as tools that can be kept or parted with is a psychological distinction that I've worked toward over the past few months. I haven't plugged anything into my physical amps for the last three months, just going all modeling these days and getting great results, which has helped. And the world of freeware is amazing, the landscape has totally changed lately. I've worked with a lot of freeware developers to get their products to a level of professional functionality and there my pedal and amp knowledge is really helpful. Self-serving to some degree since the more and the better freeware there is, the more options I have for my studio without having to get into consumption/object fetishism and blow money on things that aren't really enhancing or inspiring my music.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Oh, wait, I was thinking of the regular Memory Boy.

The Deluxe Memory Boy looks great, analog delays with tap tempo are too cool. I forget who figured that trick out first, maybe Diamond with the Memory Lane, but it's a damned good trick.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

While we're at it, dropping fag-bashing into your ad copy is a great way to alienate potential buyers!

Agreed, send some of that stuff overseas this time. Fag.

I did one item to Canada last time and never got word from the dude that bought it if he received it or not. The lack of international tracking is a bitch and a half, but he never made any kind of grievance so I'm guessing it showed up, but drat.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

mr_package posted:

Heh, sorry-- it came and you were crazy for selling it and I've enjoyed it immensely. Really gave me that old school Godflesh tightness I was looking for. Incredible.

I kept meaning to post in the new gear thread but <insert long boring story about lost camera battery charger here>

Hey, glad to hear it made it in ok :) I agree that it's a killer piece of gear, I don't think that Rocktron has really improved on anything since then - it nails Mark IV "tight" gain so damned well that I do sometimes feel like I was a fool to sell it. But we needed the money, and I'm glad it went to someone who has clearly enjoyed it. Keep rocking it for me, man.

Unrelated note: I hope to post a big list of stuff for sale tonight, followed by pictures as I can get them taken and uploaded. I've been here so long and done enough business that I hope everyone knows that I'm a safe seller, but all the same I'll get pictures up as soon as possible. This time, I'm going to be reaching deep in my soul to let go of some of my favorite gear. I just don't use some of it enough to justify having it, and collecting for the sake of collecting is doing music wrong, this stuff was meant to be played and I'm going to give it the chance, while hopefully getting back some of my investment in it. So look for another big post from me with tons of stuff for sale soon.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

So it begins: Agreed's Big Holiday Gear Sale

Like last time, the ML gets first shot at everything before I post them around.

Terms and conditions

I take Paypal! I've not done much of that before but apparently because of my account type there is something like a 3% fee associated with taking payments. My prices reflect that. I also take postal money orders. If you wish to pay with a postal money order, let me know so I can work out the price to account for the difference. I do not take checks.

Prices are before shipping. I never charge more than the actual shipping, usually I meet you half-way or better on shipping. Previous buyers can hopefully confirm that I try to be as fair as possible on shipping costs. I ship via USPS, fully insured with delivery confirmation (signature confirmation on request, but remember that you have to be there to sign for it or pick it up at your local post office). I can ship via UPS if someone really wants me to, but it's more expensive and I have had great experiences shipping many, many pedals via USPS Priority, getting them across the country safe and sound in 2-3 days.

I ship within a postal business day of receiving payment.

The goods:

No pictures yet because my wife swears the camera is somewhere and I swear it's somewhere else, but we'll find it and get them up as soon as possible.

EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, SOLD: You've probably heard of this one ;) It's been my delay of choice for a long time, with a very neat 30-second looping function that allows you to record the delay.. but these days I get all my delay on the computer, and so it's time to pass it on to the next happy owner. New, this runs around $215ish; I think $153 is a fair price for it used. I've taken good care of it, and I hope you will too. Since this one's more expensive, I'll do at least half and half shipping with you.

Marshall Reflector reverb, $65: This is my favorite reverb pedal ever. It features multiple reverb algorithms and gives you parameter control over them to dial in your perfect sound. It keeps an analog dry path when used in mono mode with output 1; with output 2 it's fully digital but preserves reverb tails when you switch it off. Or use both outputs for stereo reverb. It has an expression pedal jack as well for real-time control. I paid something like $120 for this, and it's since been discontinued; units have had reliability issues, but they tend to be either dead within the first few days of use or they last as long as any other pedal. Mine's served faithfully for two years. I'm only selling it now for the same reason that I'm selling the EHX SMMH. I get my reverb with my computer setup these days, and rather than have it sit around uselessly I figured I'd pass it on for someone else to enjoy.

Aramat Mojo Fuzz, $206: This is the best germanium Fuzz Face style pedal I've ever played. It was made with NOS GE transistors by Keith VanDerSchaegen, who ran Aramat Effects until his untimely passing in August of 2008. He was a great guy and an excellent builder, and this is a great product. It features the usual Volume and Fuzz controls but also a "Mojo" knob which allows you to manually set the bias, allowing for anything from choked, almost gated sounding light fuzz to heavy fuzz that gets into the territory usually reserved for silicon Fuzz Faces. As with any good GE Fuzz Face type circuit, the volume knob response is really fantastic, and allows you to use it as an overdrive to total fuzz with just your guitar's volume. I hate to let it go, it's irreplaceable and I enjoyed a happy acquaintance with Keith toward the end of his life, but I just don't play it enough to merit keeping it. Kieth would have wanted it to be in the hands of someone who is going to use it to make music, not just sit around in a collection. Because of the high price on this one, I'll ship it for free in the U.S.

FuzzHugger(fx) 1134 Fuzz, SOLD: This is a discontinued pedal from FuzzHugger. I wouldn't sell it, except that I won a contest and got my very own totally custom pedal from them that has literally everything I could possibly want from a fuzz pedal (and you'll never see it for sale!). I reviewed this pedal for FrugalGuitarist, you can read the review here. I'm selling it for ~$30 less than it sold for when it was in production, which I think is a pretty darned good deal. If you're looking for a unique pedal (I think only twelve were made) with a cool sound, this has a lot to offer. Read my review for more details.

Catalinbread Hyperpak, $85: Very tiny, CMOS OD/Distortion pedal with two knobs: Level and Gain. It's intended as "a dirty channel," in fact the full name of the pedal is "Catalinbread Hyperpak Dirty Channel." No longer in production because CB moved to a different production method and could not adapt this pedal to that new method. This is based on the Anderton Tube Sound Fuzz circuit, which was exactly what the Way Huge Red Llama was built on (Way Huge even used the PCB transfer from Anderton's book :laugh:), but this one's got an original layout and form factor. It was $115 when they were still being made, and now they're not. If you like your amp's sound but want more dirt, this is a great way to get it, and it'll fit on any pedal board (seriously, it's like 1.2 inches wide and three inches long, if that). Small pedal, big sound.

Mellowtone Singing Tree OD, $60: There have been six revisions to this pedal since it was released, each changing things a bit more. Mine is revision 2, which featured three knobs - Level, Threshold, and Gain - while modern versions just have Level and Threshold. I believe the modern ones are called the "Singing Tree Lite," and I personally think that the old three-knob models give you a bit more control in dialing in your sound. Why am I selling it? I've got a Tim, with a Timmy on the way. Pretty much covers my low-gain OD needs. I don't think you can get a three knob model anymore, and the modern two-knob costs around $80 new, so I think $60 is a fair price for this pedal. It offers a range of gain from very light OD to square-wave sounding synth-like distortion. I used to use this totally maxed out with a Phaser after it to make my guitar sound like a fat analog synth. I'll grant you, my Tim can't do that... and as far as I can tell, the newer "Lite" models can't either.

Zoom Tri-Metal, SOLD - Riiise from your gwaaave! I was selling this last time, then I decided not to, but now I've decided to go ahead and part with it after all. I have a Wampler Triple Recstortion which can get a lot of the same high-gain Mesa territory that this covers. The modern release of the Wampler is called the Triple Wreck, and costs over $250. The Tri-Metal wasn't made for very long and is one of Zoom's well-loved analog series of pedals. This one is highly regarded by high-gain enthusiasts (including me, obviously) for giving you an incredibly brutal, tight distortion with an almost eerie lack of noise. Seriously, buy this and you won't need a Decimator. I'm not sure how they do it, but there isn't a noise gate or anything... Anyway, it's capable of very, very high gain, with a lot of flexibility in the EQ to adjust it to different setups. I wouldn't recommend it for a smaller open-backed amp, but that said I've got pretty brutal tones out of a Fender Twin and a Hot Rod Deluxe 212 with this thing before. Into my THD Univalve with a 4x12 cab, it absolutely slays. If I didn't have the Wampler Triple Recstortion I'd hang onto this, but with that pedal I just don't really need this one anymore... it's your choice whether you want to spend $250+ or $100 to have a Mesa-in-a-Box sound

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah, $58 SOLD pending payment: Ugliest wah ever, but it has so much control over the sound and operation of the pedal that you won't even care. A lever on the side switches between traditional free-treadle operation, or auto-on spring-loaded wah (like some Morleys). Everything about the pedal is adjustable, from the stiffness of the pedal in standard mode, the tension of the spring in spring-mode to the various parameters which define your wah sound to the amount of time it remains on when in full-back position when in spring mode. It's kind of big so shipping is probably going to be higher, I'll make sure to do at least half on it. Shouldn't be too much, anyway.

Digitech Metal Master, $46: Speaking of Mesa-in-a-Box... Brutal distortion for not a lot of money. No gain knob, though as you adjust the "X" control (Morph, or something like that) it runs through a few different styles of metal distortion and some of them aren't as heavy as others. I dig it, but I have plenty of dirt and it's just not getting used.

More to come in the next few days/weeks... and of course pictures soon.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 25, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Horse Divorce posted:

I'LL loving TAKE IT! email me at...

Email sent!

Captain Organ posted:

edit 2: double goddamnit now nobody is going to read mine because agreed dropped a bomb before me. IF YOU BUY A BUNCH OF PEDALS FROM AGREED YOU SHOULD BUY THIS PEDALBOARD TO PUT THEM ON/POWER THEM.

:ohdear: Sorry! I second the recommendation to buy a pedal board, pedal boards are a good home for pedals!

Zakalwe posted:

Oh dear. You're going to regret this. This pedal absolutely slays. Even with a Strat into a Hotrod Deluxe it's brutal. I know that The Whizzard's Beard was looking for one of these so be a nice guy and ship it to Ireland for him.

I know I'm going to regret it. This is part of an effort to become less sentimental about gear and part with some things that I would prefer to keep forever, though, so I'm willing to suffer a bit of separation anxiety/seller's remorse. Plus, you know, make money money. TWB, if you're out there, so long as you're willing to pay shipping I'll make an exception to my usual U.S. only to ship you this pedal if you want to buy it.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 18, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I don't know whether the SMMH is true bypass or not. It should be, EHX makes the 3pdt switches a lot of builders use and it definitely passes audio when bypassed and unpowered but that doesn't necessarily mean it's true bypass.

As far as for your needs, probably any delay with a tap tempo would do what you want, but the SMMH has a few different delay modes that make it really cool. The multi-tap mode is really easy to set up, you just turn the knob up a bit and it repeats 4 times instead of 3, or 5, or 6, all the way up to 32 taps (it discards taps when the memory is full so in 32-tap mode if you're playing a lot of busy stuff you might be only getting like 16 taps but still 16 taps is a poo poo load of taps). And its filter works globally, and makes it super easy to dial in your delay behavior. It's basically my ideal digital delay because it does precisely what I like (pristine digital repeats in multi-tap mode, but you can gently caress them up if you so choose; excellent modulated delay in "echo" mode, including a very low ms setting which allows for chorus and phaser sounds; and more). It has all of the basic features of a good digital delay with a touch of madness added, really. That's kind of EHX's thing. Before you make new presets, try my presets, I've used them for... oh... a year and a half now, or more, and they're really good! But then make your own.

Shipping to Canada isn't hard, I've done it before and as long as you promise to let me know when it gets there I'm willing. It is a bit more expensive but you'll win heartily in the comparison to buying it new, I'm sure of that.

Oh, it comes with its own power supply, which is of course included. You can use others but it has no noise with its special one, which isn't exactly 9V (it's really close but not quite, maybe 9.6V or something). It is DC center negative iirc so if you just want to use a different one you can, but you'll have the right one if you buy it. People say it has noise when powered by One-Spot style switching supplies. I have a One Spot but I just got it a few weeks ago and haven't used it to power the SMMH, I take their word for it though. The Dunlop is a much more robust power supply, should have regulated outputs and I doubt you'd have any problems using it, but you'll have the supplied wall wart in any case.

The question to ask is whether you need the features it has, or whether a more stripped down delay would do what you want. I can't answer that for you, except to note that there are other quality digital delays out there, the one from Digitech's Hardwire series and the Boss DD-7 are both great options for a reasonable price. It's up to you, man, I'm not exactly a high-pressure kind of guy.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

hey Agreed i'm very interested in that marshall reverb, lemme see if i can scare up a few bucks pls :kiddo:

e: nix that, i think the bands gonna break up so theres no need to get the other guitarist a reverb :smith:

Sorry to hear that about your band, man. I guess I'll consider it still on the market unless you tell me otherwise.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 18, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Ireneo Funes posted:

I want this one. Sounds perfect for me. Email me at ...

Sending an email now.

Edit: I can't send an email, I'm not sure how to format that address. Do I take the periods out of the first bit? Or the last bit? Or what's the deal there? Sorry, maybe I'm having a :downs: moment but it keeps bouncing as a permanently failed send. Think you could just post your email address normally for a second and then edit it out when I let you know I've seen it and have an email on the way?

Alternatively you can send me an email at Agreed@gmail.com with "Fuzzhugger 1134 Fuzz" as the subject line - it's an old discarded gmail address that gets thousands of spam messages a month thanks to being a six year old account with a dictionary word for the address, but I can check it real quick to get your correct email address so we can be in touch.

Let me know how much shipping would run. The new band is starting to book gigs and a reliable pedal would be perfect for the times when we're sharing amps.

I'll ask about shipping to Ireland - I know I was supposed to do that last time, but this time, I'm serious about getting it in your hands if you want it, so I'll inquire tomorrow.

US residents rejoice, thanks to a suggestion from Horse Divorce I'm going to run by the post office tomorrow and pick up a bunch of flat rate boxes, if I don't use them now I'm sure I'll use them eventually and it'll be a lot less of a hassle to figure out shipping when I can just tell you a quick ballpark (guessing insurance).

Agreed fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 18, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Ireneo Funes posted:

You're actually supposed to leave all the periods and stuff in. drat my confusing school mail. Anyway, I'm shooting you an e-mail right now.

Replied. Sorry for being dense.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I have three people expressing interest in the SMMH right now. To be fair I'm not going to play favorites, just go by the date and time that they expressed interest for dibs. Right now, that's

1. Col. Kiwi (though he was pretty iffy about it so I don't know if he intended to buy it or was just curious)

2. Hubis

3. FancyMike

As I said, Col. Kiwi was on the fence about it and not sure it's for him, plus he's in Canada which comes with some shipping headaches, so I'm not sure whether to count him as first or not - but I got a PM from Hubis early today, and you've got second in line as serious consideration if it all falls through. I wish that I had enough SMMHs to go around, but with just the one, I can't think of a fairer way to do it than by order of contacting me.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Col.Kiwi posted:

I'll take the SMMH as long as shipping works out reasonable enough (should not be an issue with USPS.) I can't send PMs so I'm sending an email to Agreed@gmail with the subject line EHX Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai.

Got your email, estimating shipping now.

TWB, shipping to Ireland is going to run at least $20, maybe $30. I'll see if I can get it lower with a flat rate box, but that's what it's looking like now.

Edit: I'm using USPS' online postage calculator to estimate prices, I've sent out several emails with shipping estimates. If you're curious how I'm coming up with the numbers, that's how :)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 19, 2009

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Dude, don't sell the English Muff'n. That thing kicks rear end and has a unique sound. Keep it and when you get better you can still be using it. Plus you never know when an EHX pedal is just going to randomly get discontinued, they have a habit of knocking off the tube pedals and introducing new ones that don't make the people who had the old ones quite so happy...

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

My wife finally found her camera! I've already had several customers, hopefully all quite happy, but I'll be adding more items soon and expanding the sale to other sites, so pics will be important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Why you selling those babies? I was prepared to buy a set new but then I ended up liking the VXT 6 better for a crossed over setup, so I went with them. For a setup without a sub, the VXT 8s are just absolutely amazingly nice for the money (new), the fact that you're letting them go for less than a set of VXT 6 is crazy. Someone needs to buy those things pronto. If you need an extremely accurate, powerful full-range monitoring setup, it's hard to beat the VXTs for value in any case, at that big of a discount doubly so - I've found my mixes translate better using my VXTs than on any other setup I've tried. And they sound great for music listening, movies and gaming, too.

drat, I'm wishing I had the cash for that right now. :negative: