Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
I have an Italia Mondial bass. I bought it in December of 2003. Its in good condition and everything is in working order. I have it strung up with flatwound black nylon strings, which the original owner put on it. I liked the strings so much, that I never changed them.

Stuff I would dig on: MicroKORG, cello (although I'd probably would have to cough up some cash on my end), EBS Valvedrive + cash, and bass parts (bridge, ultralight tuners, pots and caps, etc.). I dunno. I'll also take straight out cash on the bass.

I'm also in Orange County, so if some OC or socal goons want to see the bass or something that would make shipping a ton easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It

screammachine posted:

I've been looking at those basses, how do you like yours (even though you're selling)?

Honestly, I really dig the tone. Its deep, its fat, and there's no top end. You have to be careful not to lose definition. Of course I've only played it with flats because that's how I dig it. The playability is wonderful. Its roughly a P-bass neck that has been finished black. The build quality is up there, but you can't intonate the bridge (its Hofner style with a piezo underneath). I always imagined using the dual outputs, but I never got around to it unfortunately.

The reason I'm selling it is because its heavy and neck dives. You think a bass with a plastic body would be light, but there's a huge chunk of wood in there. Some people don't mind neck dive, and that's up to the individual. Also I had back surgery in 3rd grade and again in 8th grade. So heavy bass + spine surgery = no good. It sucks that generally everything bass is super heavy.

I wanted to keep the tone but lose the weight, so I bought an Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat to replace it. Thus I must sell it. But if you dig the retro look, want something that will really get low, and can deal with some neck dive and weight then I would recommend it. I have a dodge-y recording of me playing My Funny Valentine in a latin style with it if you want, I can try throwing that up.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It

screammachine posted:

I'd love to hear a sound sample. Though, I admit I don't have much up for trade except for a Mac G4. Which you could probably sell or trade for a used MircoKorg.

Yeah, I'd rather just get a MicroKorg straight. I'm also interested in cash, maybe $340 + shipping? I've never shipped an instrument so I don't really know how much that would be.

Here's the recording of "My Funny Valentine." It was recorded in an auditorium with two condenser mics from a distance. So...lots of reverb. For reference I was playing through a Glockenklang Heart-Core head and 2x10 Genz Benz cab. Actually I can record some samples of it going direct since I got my music computer set up.

Regardless, for now here's "My Funny Valentine:" http://www.giborama.com/rifter17/MyFunnyValentine.mp3

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It

HundredxNails posted:

does anyone happen to have an Epiphone EB-0 or EB-3 in any condition they dont want anymore. I really like the SG, and I want a bass for fun and figure I could get the best of both worlds.

I saw this earlier in the thread on page 49.

Josh Wow posted:

I gotta sell some basses to buy a car. These basses are both in need of some TLC, but play well as is.

First up is an Epiphone SG bass with a Kahler whammy bar installed. The Kahler bridge costs $200 new. Has had a Seymour Duncan jazz pickup added to the bridge. Wiring is fine but very sloppy, and it doesn't have a back control plate. I bought material to make a new one but never did, so I'll throw that in as well. It's tuned BEAD at the moment and is short scale:

Looking for $225 shipped for this one.

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
Yeah, Jesus, that's low. I have an M-Audio O2 that's a little scuffed up (used it in college while in the dorms and such). Otherwise, I think I'd be interested in buying it straight up.

Edit: I guess someone on SA Mart is already grabbing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
I'm over in Fullerton, and I'd be happy to take that Nano Clone off of your hands.