Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PoorPeteBest posted:

I have an Artcore AS83:

I'm looking for an SG, maybe a Gibson Faded or G-400 (G-400 Custom would be kickn' rad).

Alternatively, I'm looking for something with P-90's.

Thats fuckin hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Peavey Bandit 112 from about 1995/6 or so. 1st Gen Transtube, 80w. Clean channel sounds drat good imo and the dirty isn't half bad either. I can get sound clips if need be.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Once again... Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube 80watt amp, original owner, bought in 95 or so, first gen.

Entertaining offers.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PoorPeteBest posted:

I'm still looking to trade this. I also have a Bean Blossom banjo in excellent condition:

More

I am looking for a Boss RC-20XL and an octave pedal that gets a good bass sound out of guitar. I would also consider a guitar with P-90's like a double cutaway Les Paul or a Reverend Daredevil.

Not trading mine... but look for an EHX MicroPOG for the octaver.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Josh Wow posted:

I'm about to put this on ebay but I figured I'd post it here just in case anybody wants it. This is a USA G&L SB-2, I bought it about a month ago and played one show with it and it's a killer bass in excellent condition. The only reason I'm looking to get rid of it is about a week ago I found a SB-2 in blueburst with a maple fretboard, and I bought it because that's almost the exact same color scheme as my Sterling and I wanted to have matching basses. This SB-2 has the tone mod, which if you're unaware SB-2s come stock with just two volume knobs. This was professionally done so you have 2 stacked volume knobs and then your second knob is a tone knob that works with both pickups. It comes with a SKB case that I can take a picture of if anybody cares.

For trades I'd be looking for something like a Lakland skyline Duck Dunn, possibly a Lakland skyline Bob Glaub, a Reverend 4 string bass, or a Sterling. I might consider something like the Line 6 Variax bass or a Fender Aerodyne jazz if you'd be willing to throw in some cash. I'll also just sell it outright for $750. I'll leave this up for a few days then it's going off to ebay.

If someone doesn't jump on this immediately, I'll have lost all faith in humanity.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Does anyone have a Peavey T-40 bass for sale/trade?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Zakalwe posted:

Wait what. I mean literally shooting their instruments, not some colloquial term meaning "selling cheap". He's got 3 .22 holes in it. Another guy on this forum has bullet holes in his. He then set the guitar on fire and stuck a lot of string bending gear on it.

Speed holes, duh! They make you play faster :rolleyes:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

scuz posted:

Found one for you :love:

argh i need $400...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

gypsyshred posted:

Or a good Octavia or POG or something.

As a matter of fact, just make me an offer :shobon:

Hm, I have a microPOG that i love to death... but I've always wanted to try out a bass whammy too. Its the blue one right?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Schatten posted:

I sold off the hipshot bridge for the Rickenbacker 4003, so I've lowered the cost.
As posted up here on Talkbass: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449938

I've had lots of inquiries, but they've all fallen through. Take it off my hands before it heads off to evilbay!

Ok so I'm ENTIRELY ignorant about Rics, but why is the color called "Jetglo" when it's just black?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Schatten posted:

Probably not, but up to hear your offer. Drop me a PM here or on TB.

Correct! Jetglo is just black. Heck, a year ago, I didn't even know that. And to be honest with you, the Ric doesn't play like a smooth jazz, it doesn't play like a thick P bass, it is lighter than I thought and isn't too much for noodling around unplugged. However, once plugged in... wow! Honestly, I really dig the tone much better than my P bass. If I could, I'd just sell off the HWY1 P and keep the Ric, but shifting dollar priorities at the moment.

Did some snooping and it has something to do with John Lennon having his natural Ric painted black.

And yeah, Ric's are an acquired taste. Not everyone likes them. I for one, do.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ZombiePeanut posted:

I suppose I should probably mention that my Little Big Muff is still up for trade. The guy I'm getting the US-144 from didn't want it.

How much would you want for it in cash?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Susano-maku da! posted:

1999 Reverend Avenger, with a rare maple Eastpointe neck. No case, but with gig bag. $800 shipped, or a Jazzmaster or an amp that's good for cleans (Ampegs and Fenders are plusses).

Click here for the full 824x396 image.

Click here for the full 824x527 image.

Click here for the full 824x425 image.

Click here for the full 824x400 image.

Not to derail too much but how comfortable do you find the reverends? The slab-style body w/o many contours seems like it might take a bit of getting used to. But damned if they don't look cool. The Jetstream 390 makes me wish I could play guitar still.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

ZombiePeanut posted:

I was mostly just going by what they're going for on ebay. Seems like they go from like 55-65 or so when you factor in shipping. I'll probably come down if 3toes doesn't want it either, since I really have no use for it.

But yeah, this clip plus the one on dano's website pretty much convinced me of the awesomeness of the CC fuzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTJFjRLKhKs

Haha well I was wondering because I really want my guitarist to get one. So no rush on my part, don't hold out for me.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Carbohydrates posted:

You have good taste. :)

Re: color, it's the 2-tone green color- it's called 'smoke green' which is actually a very good descriptor.

Here's a shot from their website of the G6118T, with the regular flat handle Bigsby. I personally much prefer the wire arm style that I've got on mine.

drat I love Gretsch guitars... My roommate has one of these, can't remember the model name:

edit: Oh apparently it's a G3161.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
What kind of things would you be interested in? :D

edit: I have a Micro POG, Banshee Talkbox, SYB-3 Bass Synth pedal (which I doubt you'd be interested in), an early 90s Peavey Bandit 112 amp, and two resonator guitars (Fender F-50 woodbody and a Regal RC-2 Doulian metalbody).

Scarf fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 22, 2008

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

scaryguy posted:

Mostly I'd just be interested in a G&L Legacy or for someone to pay me for it. I'm still very unsure about getting rid of it, I just put it up here to see what kind of offers people had.

Well what price did you have in mind?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hm, I won't have that kind of scratch until about mid October. I'll hit you up around then and see if you might still have it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Also, don't plan on the early G&Ls to appreciate like, say early Fenders or even Leo-era MusicMan instruments. They just don't have as much of a collector's value/market as the others.

And sorry for this rant, but come on man... if you don't play it, give it a good home. It's blasphemy to let that thing go unplayed. The L-1000s were really great basses. I think they're doing a reissue this year or next.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Well, I'm hoping you'll still have it in about a month or so. God I'd love that bass.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Ok just puttin the feelers out on this one. But up for POSSIBLE trade/sale is my Regal RC-2 Doulian metal-body resonator guitar. Made of nickel-plated steel. It's a little tarnished, not sure how to clean it really... but I mean, what self respecting blues musician would play some rootsy delta poo poo on a shiny guitar?

Possible trade items would be cool bass gear (especially cool effects, like a Meatwad (meatball clone)). Cash value would be about $325.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

3toes posted:

Ok just puttin the feelers out on this one. But up for POSSIBLE trade/sale is my Regal RC-2 Doulian metal-body resonator guitar. Made of nickel-plated steel. It's a little tarnished, not sure how to clean it really... but I mean, what self respecting blues musician would play some rootsy delta poo poo on a shiny guitar?

Possible trade items would be cool bass gear (especially cool effects, like a Meatwad (meatball clone)). Cash value would be about $325.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Interesting trades considered.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Impper posted:

How does it play? Would you compare the neck to anything in particular? Ease of bends, how's it sound acoustically?

I just realized I know nothing about resonators. I assume you can't plug this in?

Umm no, no plug in. The neck feels like most any acoustic except the action is a bit higher since it's made to be played with a slide. I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable to finger the fretboard though. I'll try to get some sound clips. But here's what a metal-body resonator sounds like for the most part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuQjzSCvUv0

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
My roommate wants to sell his Boomerang Plus phrase sampler:

http://www.boomerangmusic.com/Rang%20Plus/Rang%20Plus.html

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Looking to sell/trade my Rocktron Banshee talkbox.

Works differently from classic talkboxes, has its own internal pre and power amp, so you can put it directly in your effects chain rather than hooking it up between your head and the cabinet. There is absolutely no danger to frying your amp like with the classic talkboxes. Hell you can even just plug-and-play without hooking it up to your effects chain and just screw around in your room practicing with it... just plug it in, hook up your guitar/bass, engage, and start talking.

I used this very successfully with my bass, which is kind of a pain to do with most talkboxes. When you engage the pedal, it cuts out all output to your amp (assuming you have it chained like any other effects pedal). But what I did was put my Micro POG right in front of it and used the Dry Out to go to the Talkbox, and the Wet Out to go on down the chain. That way when I engaged the Talkbox, I still had my signal coming through my amp, keeping the low end.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Banshee-Talk-Box?sku=154218

Here's a somewhat crappy recording of me using it with my bass:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

3toes posted:

Looking to sell/trade my Rocktron Banshee talkbox.

Works differently from classic talkboxes, has its own internal pre and power amp, so you can put it directly in your effects chain rather than hooking it up between your head and the cabinet. There is absolutely no danger to frying your amp like with the classic talkboxes. Hell you can even just plug-and-play without hooking it up to your effects chain and just screw around in your room practicing with it... just plug it in, hook up your guitar/bass, engage, and start talking.

I used this very successfully with my bass, which is kind of a pain to do with most talkboxes. When you engage the pedal, it cuts out all output to your amp (assuming you have it chained like any other effects pedal). But what I did was put my Micro POG right in front of it and used the Dry Out to go to the Talkbox, and the Wet Out to go on down the chain. That way when I engaged the Talkbox, I still had my signal coming through my amp, keeping the low end.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Banshee-Talk-Box?sku=154218

Here's a somewhat crappy recording of me using it with my bass:

Welp, that didn't take long. Talkbox = sold (pending payment).

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
And our next lot up for bids is a Hohner Blues Blaster harmonica mic. $45.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

gypsyshred posted:

I can give you $35 for it, is that ok?

Sold. Hit me up on AIM and I'll get your address and work out shipping.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Talkbox is back on the market if anyone is interested. $100 + shipping.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Narwhale posted:

I have a Boss SYB-3 Bass Synthesizer that I never use. If anyone wants it I'm pretty flexible in what I'd want in return. Maybe another stomp box, like something EHX or MXR. I haven't used it in years probably, so I'll be testing it before any deals are finalized. I can also post/send pictures.

Someone should really pick this up. I have one and love it. Takes a while to learn how to use it and get good sounds, but well worth it. The 3s were the last analog, the 5s are digital.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoogsby posted:

Did you mean to say doesn't say Squire?

No, it's actually "Squier."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Oh, oops.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
STILL looking to sell my talkbox... Please don't make me resort to ebay :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Impper posted:

Selling an Electro Harmonix POG for $200 shipped. Comes with the power supply, but not the original box.

Full-size POG?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Golden War posted:

I have an EBS Octabass pedal that I might be willing to trade for a similar quality bass chorus unit.

For those of you who don't know, the EBS Ocatabass is a great octave pedal. Had I not gotten a Micro POG, I would have gone the EBS route.

Also, Agreed, check your PMs please :shobon:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Catastrophe posted:

I'm selling my Zvex Fuzz Factory to fund a pedal purchase from this weekend. Great condition. Everything about it works perfectly. Just a couple tiny nicks in the exterior finish. Comes with the original box and manual. Asking $125.

Tentative dibs. My roommate has been jonesing for a Fuzz Factory. Lemme talk to him this evening.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Catastrophe posted:

I'm selling my Zvex Fuzz Factory to fund a pedal purchase from this weekend. Great condition. Everything about it works perfectly. Just a couple tiny nicks in the exterior finish. Comes with the original box and manual. Asking $125.

Ok yeah, he's def. interested. Does it use just a boss-style power adapter?

edit: shoot me an IM, sn is CU Longboard

Scarf fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 23, 2009

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Catastrophe posted:

Sorry. He sent payment last night. The Fuzz Factory is gone! It's getting shipped out today.

:dance:

I know this thing isn't tailored for bass (isn't the Mastodon tho?), but I'm going to hook it up and play around with it while he's not around :mmmhmm:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Catastrophe posted:

Yo, Scarf. Looks like that Fuzz Factory is already going to be there tomorrow. Crazy fast.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DrChu posted:

This will probably be limited in its appeal because I do not want to ship these, but I am trying to get rid of an G&L L-2000 bass and a Michael Kelly Patriot guitar:

L-2000
Patriot

Dammit... I'd love a G&L. Just out of curiosity, how much are you asking?

edit: nm, checked the link. drat good price. Wish I could spring for it :(