Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MrSaturn posted:

Definitely interested in the mandolin, especially if it is electric.

Ditto, even if it's just acoustic. So if MrSaturn passes, lemme know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
WTB:

Cheap but working effects pedal to experiment on. I really don't care what kind of effect it is or what it does (bass-specific pedals preferred but not required), I just need it working. Any Boss/Ibanez/MXR will do.

Willing to pay $30 tops plus shipping.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Josh Wow posted:

Got two things I'm looking to get rid of. First is a Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus. Got this in a trade and just don't use it. Comes with the box and all original manuals, works perfectly and is in great condition:

Looking to get $40 for it.

If no one else bites by next weekend, I'll pop on this. It'll suit my little experiment nicely.

>_>

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Leck posted:

I somehow missed you earlier. I've got a Boss DS-1 that a friend of mine previously modified a little bit - it looks like there's just a new connection between two points on it, and it has kind of crazy reactions right now. I also have a DOD GFX-25 Envelope Filter I'm not using, if that might open up some strange possibilities. Let me know if either of those might work for you.

Oooo, I'm a sucker for filters...

Any chance you can wait till Friday? Kinda need to wait till payday :\

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Leck posted:

No problem - it's not going anywhere. On the other hand, I am, and it will probably be the middle of next week before I can send anything. If you're cool with waiting a little bit, you're welcome to it.

Yeah, no worries there. PM me your email address and I'll send PayPal on Friday or Saturday.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'm looking for a Presonus Firebox/Studio. Anyone got one their looking to off-load?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Does anyone have a Big Heart Resonator Slide they'd be willing to part with? I lost mine in the move to my new house... I absolutely love that slide and nothing else seems to come close. It's unique in that one side of it is curved to accommodate the curved bridge of my resonator guitar.

And they're discontinued :(

http://www.bigheartslide.com/resonator.html

edit: I'm currently waiting to hear back from Big Heart themselves to see if they still have any old stock they'd sell me.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

Does anyone have a Big Heart Resonator Slide they'd be willing to part with? I lost mine in the move to my new house... I absolutely love that slide and nothing else seems to come close. It's unique in that one side of it is curved to accommodate the curved bridge of my resonator guitar.

And they're discontinued :(

http://www.bigheartslide.com/resonator.html

edit: I'm currently waiting to hear back from Big Heart themselves to see if they still have any old stock they'd sell me.

Ok sweet, they have some NOS left. If any of you slide players out there have never tried porcelain slides, you should give it a go. I actually prefer it over glass.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CPL593H posted:

Would anyone here know the best way to get an idea of what used instruments are worth? I was considering buying a used Gibson SG off a guy and he's asking 500. It's not any special vintage or anything. It's probably from the last ten years. It's got some noticable cosmetic flaws from wear and tear. Also, one of the pick ups has been replaced. I thinking that's a pretty standard price, but I was wondering if I could haggle him for less.

edit: It's a standard model.

I'd say that's pretty fair. My general rules of thumb for used gear are:

75% of original price for excellent condition
60% of original price for very good
50% for good but visible wear/flaws

What kind of pickup did he put in there?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Pics of the rondo?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

JohnnySmitch posted:

Here you go:

It's barely played and in great shape - the pickguard still has the protective plastic on it! The only scratch I could find is on the back of the horn (circled in the photo).

What are you trying to get for it?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I think I'm finally ready to sell my Lakland Hollowbody in order to help fund a new upright purchase.

I'm the original owner, ordered it directly from Lakland.

Lakland Skyline Hollowbody 4-string (designed in conjunction with Michael Tobias)
34" scale
2+2 headstock with Hipshot Ultralite tuners
Bone nut (installed at my request by Lakland)
2 Lakland Chi-Sonic single-coil pickups (originally humbuckers with a single-coil tap, but had problems with them and Lakland offered to switch them out for single-coils which they felt sounded better anyway)

More info on it here: http://lakland.com/hollowbody.htm
I can get soundclips for anyone seriously interested, as well as more detailed pictures.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Anyone know what a used but great condition Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone goes for? A drummer buddy of mine is looking to unload one.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Studebaker Hawk posted:

Interest check on my lakland skyline 55-02 deluxe fretless, gorgeous quilted maple top, rosewood board, bartolini mm/j configuration. 35in scale with a killer B string, tons of mwah. Looking for $1100 OBO.

http://imgur.com/a/PKj0t

Fuuuuuck if I wasn't trying to buy a new upright I'd be all over it...

If you don't have much luck here, they go pretty drat quick on TalkBass.

(What's your reason for selling out of curiosity?)

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
How much for the AT3525?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

iostream.h posted:

They seem to be hovering used on eBay around $100-$125, how does $85 shipped sound?
Comes with the original box, shock mount and all that. It's in perfect shape.

I'll have it in the truck with me today if you want it (so I can ship).
PayPal is iostream.header at the googles.

Pics:

I'll let you know in a few days. Thanks!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PoorPeteBest posted:

If Scarf backs out I will gladly take this off your hands.

Due to just paying for a trip to Denver, it'll be a while before I could spring on it :\

PPB can take it

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Posting this for a friend... He's got a Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone he's looking to unload. No power-supply. $125 obo

Msg me if interested and I'll get you in touch.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Anyone ever shipped an instrument up to Canada from the US? Is there anything special I need to do regarding customs and poo poo from my end being the shipper in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Selling some gear in order to upgrade. Prices are ballpark and negotiable. Happy to answer and questions; everything works perfectly, just looking for some more updated gear.

- EHX Enigma:Qballs envelope filter ~$100
- Markbass Super Synth (1st gen) ~$100
- BOSS LMB-3 Limiter ~$30

Edit: ALL SOLD

Scarf fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 21, 2021