Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listen.
Hey, I'm looking for an Ibanez Tube Screamer (I don't care about original or reissue), or a similar overdrive pedal. I'm looking for something that will boost me into electric blues solo heaven when the time rolls around, and switching channels on my Marshall doesn't do it the way I want. I will pay cash, or trade (I play guitar, bass, and drums, and I record, so I probably have SOMETHING you want).

Also, ColonelJohnMatrix, I have that same axe (even in the same color, with the same straploks...freaky, right?), and, TRUST me, you don't want to let it go. Mine is probably the most versatile guitar I own (the only competition comes from my Epiphone Alleykat). I think what you want is just ANOTHER guitar, and, of course, there's never anything wrong with wanting another guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

That depends on what you're looking for. I see the TS9X's selling for $60-80, so I would probably part with something of comparable value. I have a bunch of late 70's-early 80's Zildjian A's- I would part with one of the crashes if you're drumming and would like one. I have more LP Jam Blocks than I know what to do with, plus an LP Rock Rider Cowbell (although there's a chunk of the plastic missing from the ridge, it still works fine). If you're more of the guitar type, though (and I suspect you are), I have a bunch of guitar stuff I would part with- it really all depends on what you're looking for. I have a Boss Digital Delay that I would part with, and a Boss Metal Zone that I bought in a moment of weakness. I also have an old DOD multi-effects board that still works well, and an ANCIENT Zoom multi box that I would part with.

I have a Line 6 Toneport UX2 in excellent condition, and I'm sure I can dig up the GearBox Software from its untimely grave in my basement (I got a Digi 002 that pretty much rendered it useless, but there are still a lot of good tones in the GearBox program).

Any of this sound interesting?

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

timato posted:

Hopefully you still look at this thread. Would you want to sell your Toneport?

Yes. Absolutely! I don't have plat, however, so we might have to chat over IM to arrange details.

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

I'm not really in the market for a new guitar (although I suppose I'm never really NOT looking for a new guitar) but holy poo poo this is gorgeous. I hope someone who will really love this instrument snaps it up.

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

I just bought a BYOC British Blues Overdrive (Marshall Bluesbreaker clone) and I'm super-excited. I'm a little trepidative, though; I've never done any soldering more intensive than desoldering old pickups and swapping new ones in. Did I get in over my head here? The BYOC people have a deal where they send out a signal boost kit and a signal tester kit in order to get you practice on soldering, but will this be enough? I won't be totally lost, right?

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Dude, build your own. I was looking the other day on eBay: There are fully finished Tele bodies to be had for DIRT cheap. I built my last Strat, and I don't think I'll ever go back to buying Fender guitars: I built a JM Strat replica (same parts, etc., just did the labor myself) and saved 500-1000 dollars (500 when I built it, but they hiked the price) that I would have spent buying the same guitar from the company. Plus, I learned a bunch about building guitars!

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Capitan Dad posted:

I'm only looking for like a $700 CAD guitar at the most, the shipping would be like 80 bucks and fully loaded bodies are like $350 USD. I'll just keep an eye on craigslist I think. Thanks though.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, they really rip you off on the fully loaded bodies, unfortunately. I was lucky and won a really good auction, but there seems to be less and less legit auction sales going on, and more and more "Buy It Now-Only" stuff going on. Bummer. You've got me jonesin' for a Telecaster, now, though; what is this forum for if not enabling gear-buying habits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Stabbing Spork posted:

How much did you get the pickups for? Those things by themselves go for like $300, and I don't know of any pickups that sound similar.

I used Torres Buzkut Vintagekaster pickups, which NAIL the underwound early 60's sound that the Big Dipper pickups are designed to emulate. I think my set was around 179 or something like that. I never see the Big Dippers up on eBay, and when I do, they're a HOT commodity. You'd think Fender would catch on and issue them by themselves.