Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com
This is a crosspost from my post in talkbass.com. I'm desperate for an 800RB so I'm pulling out all kinds of stops:

my dumb rear end posted:

Yes, that's right, a 1! Purchased from a fellow TB'er, but it isn't the tone I want.
Harmony Central reviews

What I have:

No soft case, just the head. I'll get more pictures on Wednesday. A little info:
450w @ 4ohms
Knobs (left to right):
Gain, Low, low-mid, high-mid, high, VLE, Master.
Great tone, just want to go in a different direction.
A few cosmetic things, like small scratches, but is functionally flawless. Pretty please buy this.
Also willing to sell for $400 a half-way decent offer.

noblystabbed fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com

Schatten posted:

noblystabbed - regarding the old Yellow LM2 - I cannot believe you haven't gotten any bites! I'd hold onto it until the right buyer comes along. It is a great head. I have a CMD 102P that I would part with to get that and a few 1x12 Berg cabinets... hmmmmmm... pondering next rig.

Would you want to trade it for this...

I have a Trace Elliot 300AH that I need to part with.

Hey, it isn't a GK 800RB, but it has some great thick tone to it!
300 watts, 4ohm (one speaker OR one xlr output), 12 band eq, XLR out to the board pre/post options.
Oooo pretty lights! I decided to buy the 800RB, even if I don't sell my LM. I've got a couple of buyers already, but neither of them wanna give me what I'm asking. I'll keep you posted.

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com

pennywisdom posted:

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't take paypal, and thats what I'm limited to use at this point.
Paypal me the money and I'll buy it for you. Or vice-versa, whichever you're comfy with.

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com
I'm lazy so here's what I posted on the talkbass.com forums:

my lazy rear end posted:

Up for sale/trade is a set of Bartolini J-pickups and an OBP-1, all pre-wired to a control panel. Rumor has it that this bass had its upgrades done by the same guy that built basses for Chris Squire of Yes.

These came out of a poorly reliced MIM Fender J-Bass that belonged to another TB'er that I am refinishing/rewiring. I already have a bass with an OBP-1 in it so I'm looking to go a different direction with its sound.

Sale price: $150 shipped
Will trade for: A set of value-comparable J's.

I'm not really sure what the resale value of these things is, but I think since it's prewired that it's worth a little more Camera-phone pics will be put up when I'm home from work (~5pm CST)

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com
Up for sale is my very first bass guitar, yay!

I purchased it when attending what is now the McNally/Smith College of Music in downtown St. Paul Minnesota. It was for sale in their bookstore/instrument rental shop for $50 including stand so I bought it. I later realized what a rare bird this thing is. The neck is slightly fatter than other P-Basses I've played, akin to the neck on the Mike Dirnt bass, and it is incredibly straight. Also there are no body contours; it's just a flat slab of wood that no pickguard will fit :D

Modifications include an Aguilar OBP-1 and a set of Bartolini's. This thing is a tone monster. The guy that I had to the modifications is really at the top of his game and it looks very professional. I'd really like to sell it (lookin to get around 300), but I sure could use an Avatar 8ohm 2x10

PICTURES :frogsiren:

:ninja:this is also on the talkbass forums