Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mongolot
Aug 26, 2006

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #1

"I just like to punch people"
The other day a friend introduced me to the Girl Talk album "Night Ripper" and I can't get enough of it. I've never heard anything like this (I usually listen to mostly rock music), but I've always had a bit of a guilty pleasure when it comes to top 40 pop music and I had a blast picking out all kinds of unexpected songs from my past.

I did a bit of research into Girl Talk, and got his second album, but I find it to be much less enjoyable than Night Ripper. I know he's working on a new album that is supposed to drop in the near future, but I was wondering if there are a whole bunch of guys like him that I have simply never heard of.

Is there anyone else out there doing the same kind of music, with the same kind of talent? I would love to get my hands on a few more mashup albums as tight as Night Ripper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mongolot
Aug 26, 2006

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #1

"I just like to punch people"
I just came home from work and I feel like a kid at christmas, looking at heaps of unopened gifts as I check this thread. Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like it's time to dance around my apartment all day long and hope nobody happens to glance through one of my windows :cheers:

Edit: I just found a one hour long video of Girl Talk rocking a New Year's eve party, and he starts his set in a suit and ends it naked! It's fantastic, the party looks super pumpin and the music is fanstastic. Check it out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Guv67H3WPDE

Mongolot fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 19, 2008