Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Anyone have some Girl Talk/E603/Super Mash Bros. type schizophrenic mash ups but with a little less focus on rap? I'm really loving them but I get a little rapped out sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

baberaham lincoln posted:

The problem here is that very few rock songs have easily accessible a capellas. If you're really jonesing, check out some older stuff like 2 Many DJ's or Evolutionary Control Committee.

failing that, make you're own. No one has really tried doing a compositional sampling album sans rap samples in recent memory... get at it!

Yeah I had the same idea re: a capella tracks. I think also it helps that rapping over something seems to gel well in a lot more cases...

And as for me making mash ups- I'm ultimate fail. :(

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Can you even buy Ludachrist/Girl Talk/Milkman/etc stuff on itunes/retail in the states? I never see them here.

It certainly sucks for the mashup artists though. All arguments aside on how much skill it takes/ARE THEY REALLY ARTISTS they are at the very least DJs and lovely sample laws aside you shouldn't be able to just snap up their mix and claim it as yours.

That said if they are technically not allowed to 'sell' what they are making then it might be somewhat of a grey area anyway... which is lovely. I would've thought the DJ hero team would try and avoid controversy like this anyway... I mean loving send a courtesy note in, that game is bringing more attention to mashups anyway I'm sure they'd love the attention.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Bob Cthulhu posted:

Shouldn't that work the other way, too? It's Diplo's song and Ludachrist's idea, but this isn't really an idea game, it's a music game. Why should Diplo lose all rights to his stuff because someone else did something with it?

Diplo shouldn't lose the rights, but I mean let's say I'm a big producer or a DJ

a big act releases a hit song

I remix hit song and release it on youtube and myspace for free, or not! whatever. I remixed it though.

Dj hero or guitar hero put that song with my remix in the game but credit it to another person...

how does this make sense? He isn't losing the rights to the songs at all... he is using somebodies elses mix, if he wants a mix of it he can make his own, this doesn't nullify it.

I mean this argument is like oh you can use so and sos cover of that song for free, after all IT'S NOT YOUR SONG

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Sidestepping some of the people talking about groundbreaking music, pop art, etc

Me and a few of my friends from work, school, etc all love Girl Talks previous stuff (like all of it), e603, Super Mash bros. and a smattering of mashup artists in between

all of the aforementioned friends have disliked All Day at best.

It's just boring. opinions are opinions and I don't want to be that guy or try and be above it but I just wanted a dumb fun album to blast in my car or put on while I'm on my PC cruising forums like a boss and this isn't it. I honestly don't understand the people praising it while also claiming they love his other stuff.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I think also Triple J is mostly an indie broadcaster with no ads, paid for by the Australian Government and studios really don't give a gently caress about it

this is the same station that played NWA for 24 hours straight after "gently caress tha Police" got banned in Australia for radio play

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

kingcobweb posted:

Minor addendum, it was "Express Yourself" for 24 hours straight.

I wish I was old enough to appreciate that when it happened :(

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So listening to All Day I was reminded of the classic song I wish by Skee-Lo. "I wish I was a little bit taller/I wish I was a baller" etc.

I KNOW I have heard this from another mashup artist but cannot place it. I have Super Mash Bros., Girl Talk, e603, and Milkman on my playlist. Can anyone figure this out for me it's infuriating me I keep trying to find it but can't :(

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

icicle bob posted:

It's in Let's Go by Milkman

:parrot:

I am actually a retard, thank you

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

JustLikeMe posted:

So the new Super Mash Bros album is set to drop at 5pm PST! Really like both of the tracks that they've released so far, especially '“Yo dawg, I heard you like music so I put songs in this song so you can listen to music while you listen to music.” -Xzibit'. Hope the rest of the album lives up to these tracks, as I thought the last mashup album I was looking forward to (Smokeshow) kinda sucked. As a side note, the name 'Miley High Club' entertains me far more than it should.

Also, I wish Milkman would give up on the original material and start working on another mashup album - Algorithms is one of the best put together and coherent mashup albums I've heard and I really want more.

ugghhhh I can't wait

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Grim stuff, Girl Talk

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Bruneaux is what I've been looking for for years. Just awesome.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Squishee posted:

Just went to check out Big Booty 13 and looks like 14 was released yesterday. Nice little surprise!

https://soundcloud.com/twofriendsbigbootie/bb14

Kanye with the poopity scoop. Just beautiful

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So from that classic era we have what

Girl talk- I feel like feed the animals was his best. I love night ripper but it’s a little too schizy for me and all day just felt lazy.

Super mash bro’s miles high club and gently caress bitches get Euros was great but nothing since.

Didn’t mind Bruneuax but couldn’t really recapture the magic for me :(

I dunno, I’m doomed to walk the earth not finding a good mash up album again.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

teacup posted:

So from that classic era we have what

Girl talk- I feel like feed the animals was his best. I love night ripper but it’s a little too schizy for me and all day just felt lazy.

Super mash bro’s miles high club and gently caress bitches get Euros was great but nothing since.

Didn’t mind Bruneuax but couldn’t really recapture the magic for me :(

I dunno, I’m doomed to walk the earth not finding a good mash up album again.

Quoting myself here, and I hope this isn't too 'filez' but... where the gently caress do you download this stuff these days?

I can find Girl Talks but I want Super Mash Bros (gently caress Bitches get Euroes and miley High Club) and E-603 something for everyone.

Maybe Milkmans too but I can't find download links for any, just youtube :(

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

teacup posted:

Quoting myself here, and I hope this isn't too 'filez' but... where the gently caress do you download this stuff these days?

I can find Girl Talks but I want Super Mash Bros (gently caress Bitches get Euroes and miley High Club) and E-603 something for everyone.

Maybe Milkmans too but I can't find download links for any, just youtube :(

Hey a few people have PMed me thank you goon heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

How do I download this instead of it just being on a stupid website gently caress