Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Anyone have a live link for the Apollo Tanmania album? If this is considered a :filez: question, then disregard and I'll edit out the request, but I believe it was freely distributed with the author's blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I did in fact snag that Tanmania of the 4105 Galaxy album from that link, just trying to find the Burning Apollo one. Tried a few links from the ancient GBS thread and even some torrents (again, my understanding is that it's not FILES), but I just can't track that one down.

Will update the thread if I can find it linked anywhere. :)

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Cheers, thanks! I admit that I hadn't heard much along these lines until seeing Girl Talk play a show at our local Blues Festival (maybe a misnomer), and this thread has gone a long way to further my listening.

As far as albums go, I'm really liking what I've heard of the Girl Talk/tanner4105/e-603/Norwegian Recycling/Milkman material. The Bootie Blog is pretty key for interesting sounding songs, too, but something about those really dense mashups wins me over every time.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Don't think anyone posted about the new DJ Car Stereo (Wars) up for download, but it's pretty solid listening so far:

http://www.artifactworkshop.com/bands/dj-car-stereo-wars/

I liked "The Bandit", but "Explains It All" is really getting it done for me.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Yeah, I bought The Bandit back when it was only available as a mailorder CD from that label. Pretty cool that they've opened both up for free download, and hopefully this gives a good artist some added recognition - seemed like Car Stereo (Wars) was a little less known than their quality warranted.

I even donated a fiver as a thank you.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Look up Wax Audio, although it's on the lighter end of metal.

http://www.waxaudio.com.au/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

"I'm looking for artists, please. I'm a princess and I'd like to produce a festival for little animals, so pretty and charismatic from the Galapagos Islands. It hurts me to see them suffer - help these cute little guys please. I have to do this or I can't graduate from my <prep school ?>. It's for my thesis and I have to produce it or <I have no idea>.

I like music like Ricky Berger, Gavin Castleton, Dissent, Le Castlevania, Mike Relm and Steve Aoki, they are perfect for my festival, no? I think so! Something like Blow Up SF!"

-Some guy with 3 years of Canadian high school Spanish, probably messed up the idiomatic parts like "princess".