Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!

Rusty Kettle posted:

Beethoven's 5th Golddigger

Avoid this like the plague. I don't see why they couldn't find an acappella that had the whole song and not start it from "gina, trina" when the verse comes in. They do the exact same thing in their Gold Digger and Stronger mash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I've been working on a mashup album on and off since high school, only lately have I really become any good so I've dumped most of what I had or made the sections much shorter. I have about 20 minutes or more done, I guess. I tried to use danceable samples that would be good to listen to at a house party to get drunk to. I'll post it in here sometime. I kind of hope I end up keeping the track that uses nothing but Will Smith samples.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Digging the new albums, but with every sample that comes nothing on my mix will be unique by the time I finally decide it's done.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Can't wait to see Girl Talk at Melbourne BDO on Tuesday. He's the only artist that I have to see.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

Do it, seriously. The fact that he's popular enough to pull a large crowd means that it was a fantastic atmosphere, with people singing along to the really recognisabe samples.

Did they have any girl talk merch? I'd sort of like to pick up the "I am not a DJ" shirt.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

They had the shirt of his face, and another one, but not an "I am not a DJ" shirt I don't think.

They were also $45 or something ridiculous.

fuuuuuuck expensive
I'll still get one though, as a souvenir.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

New mix up from our lord and savior, Ludachrist.

Also, the upcoming mix has a name now, "Talk is Cheap". A stab at Girl Talk maybe?

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.
Goon Cataphract's band performs a four chord song at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I can't get into E-603 I don't know why. I definately think Girl Talk is better than Super Mash Bros, though. There are always samples used by SMB which I hear and just think "why?"" The point of this genree is that you take the best things and put them together, but they just use crappy modern rock radio poo poo a lot of the time.

Ludachrist is probably my favourite, I just wish they'd release stuff more often.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Diabetes of Beef posted:

If anyone cares, I just released my second mash up EP, called "I Am Super Confused". I'm still getting the hang of making these mash up things, so any criticism would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.wtajrk.com/

Even better than your first man, didn't see Katamari coming! The only part I find slightly jarring is the start of Single Ladies/Little Secrets, but like five seconds later I'm nodding my head maniacally because it's great again.

PS. Both the songs from Rocky sound awesome. I've always wanted to mash Summer Madness, myself.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Tornhelm posted:

the only valid reason to say an album is poo poo is because you hate it. Anything else is just overly-prententious bullshit that you should be ashamed of.

Also I've just finished listening to Feed The Animals, and considering how much it hate his earlier work, I quite like it.

You only just heard Feed The Animals? poo poo nigga, I hear it on the radio here.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

baberaham lincoln posted:

Where do you live / who created a clean version of Feed The Animals? Additionally, 'poo poo, nigga'...

Triple J plays it uncensored pretty commonly in Australia, I remember tuning in and Rosie Beaton saying it was the night's the most requested music once.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

icicle bob posted:

Triple J plays it uncensored pretty commonly in Australia, I remember tuning in and Rosie Beaton saying it was the night's the most requested music once.

Quotin' myself to say I heard Set It Off on Triple J today.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Well it looks like Ludachrist has made a new track featuring Mel Gibson a few days ago that is getting some serious hits. Any idea when a new album will drop?

LUDACHRIST featuring MAD MEL - Smile and Blow Me

The ending is loving amazing.

Also, god drat do I wish I lived in philly. Look at this line up

Someone on Ludachrist's facebook suggested they use the "Blow me" tape just the other day. These guys work fast!

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Heard this mix on Triple J in its entirety earlier this year: Acceptable in the 80s: 88mph Stolen Plutonium Megamixxx
It's eighties themed and features lots of robots and time travelling themes and samples from films and interviews, and it is fun as. It's only 40 megabytes download, so you may as well do yourself the favour.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

So, uh, Milkman has just dropped his first single from his upcoming album. If this is representative of the entire album, I am going to be so insanely in love with it words cannot describe it. I had a huge, poo poo-eating grin on my face for the entire track.

He is so goddamn smooth and seamless with his transitions.

:drat:

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Ludachrist's Pon De Foley will be in DJ Hero 2, however it will be credited to Diplo and the 'Christ will only be recieving a mention in the liner notes of the manual. The youtube video is here.

Says Diplo in the youtube comments:
"Hey guys! Should i give ludachrist my mechanicle royalties for writing the original? It will probably amount to a couple grand. And they are credited in the liner of the game i guess just not the youtube. Do any of u guys think their are legal rights to mashups? Does anyone want to take this outside and have a word. Maybe we can have a six shooter pistol duel"

"Djhero licensed the rights to these two song from my label.. If i didnt do the mix they would have asked someone else, as its one that they wanted to feature. They asked me to bne a pary because they consider me a draw for dj fans. Does this make sense? Does anyone on here want to take me out to dinner?"

Use them royalties on spelling lessons, man.

Says Ludachrist:
"@diplo1978 i think the reason why people are gettin upset is because they can relate to the situation. heres the point: tons of kids are gonna play this game and only the nerd reading the liner notes will know we came up with the idea, you feel me? you'd be just as bummed about it as anyone else if that happened to u..."

"@diplo1978 its nice to find out, albeit after the fact, that we are getting some sort of recognition in the liner notes. woulda been cooler if we got some props in the game. or at the very least if someone hit us up about it so we didnt have to find out about it on youtube...you know, out of respect...

at the very least, that just seems like the right thing to do."

"anyway, thanks to all the ludachrist supporters, you know we got a new album, the release date is gonna be tenetively Oct 31st. Halloween :)

ps. I'm sure harold faltermeyer would make us all "lick eachothers bootyholes and talk about mashups" if he found out about this."

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Diplo is actually one half of Major Lazer, so he actually does have copyright to do whatever he wants with Pod De Floor, it's just a little unfair, that's all.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I bought Night Ripper at the JB Hifi near my house just the other week. They had one copy of it, one copy of Unstoppable and one of Secret Diary. I keep going back to see if a copy of Feed the Animals has come in, but I'm not confident it will.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Cizzo posted:

This is the first I've ever heard of Milkman. I will be very upset if all of his stuff is not up to par to this recent single. It's insanely good.

It seems like you can get his first album for free off of his website. DO IT NOW!

I read in Rolling Stone a while ago that Night Ripper was actually released on itunes, but got taken down after about 13 hours and a couple of thousand downloads.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Just found Feed The Animals at a store and picked it up for the retarded price of AU$32. However, the black disc it has is loving cool.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

The album art is fantastic as well

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Brian from the Streets has a twitter

'erbody ask, "whatcha gonna be 4 Halloween B?!"...... Ima be real'

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

so glitchy so dope

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Tony Jowns posted:

Rum, especially australian rum, makes people fight and i am glad to see a bar taking an innovative approach to curbing violence

I think the old "rum is fighting fuel" is a bit of a myth. I think the problem is that rum is a dickhead drink, so dickheads drink rum then proceed to be dickheads.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy gently caress!

edit: IT'S HERE!!!

edit: Mirror on my hosting.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD
JUST SAW THIS ONE MY FACEBOOK

Thanks for the hosting man, downing it now

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

The tracklist is up on wikipedia!

E: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

how did I have that window open without pressing send for so long?

icicle bob fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 16, 2010

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Rhgr posted:

Oh hell yes. Since I Left You is one of my favorite albums ever, was always disappointed it never got the acclaim it deserved, easily one of the best pop albums going. 10 years has been too long :qq:

Its one of my favourite albums too, but it does get recognition. Just last month a book called "The 100 Best Australian Albums" came out. Since I Left You was at number 10.

I'm not going to put money on a new album coming out, though. I've had my heart broken too many times.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

All Day is this week's feature album on Triple J, nothing feels better than having it come on when you're driving around. It's probably a better album than we gave it credit for; it's retardedly fun to jam to.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

nationalista posted:

Does Australia not have (strict) intellectual property/copyright laws or something? It just seems that only in Australia would stuff like this get played on the radio without any legal problems.

I don't think fair use is even stipulated in copyright law here. Copyright laws may even be a bit stricter.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Let's Go won't unrar for me, says it's corrupted. Anyone else having the same problem?

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Geno posted:

In the 6h track, Another One, around 2:16, what's the sample that BoB sings over?

Another Day In Paradise, by Phil Collins, yo

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I liked the part where a dude and his mates rapped about their dicks.

Also, it was about time we heard Throw Some Ds again. I needed it.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

It's not going to be a phone-in if it happens. It's going to be either before or after his show when he plays in my city. So far with the help of this thread & a couple friends I think I've got a good number of questions for him. I really am considering compiling all my questions from other interviews, though I'll probably just tell him that's what I did & instead have my own questions.

Ask him why he doesn't seem to be doing a physical release of the new album. His profile is only increasing, it doesn't make sense to me for him to not be releasing Cds anymore.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I loving love Ludachrist

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Hey guys, I've been working on a mixtape for an obscenely long time, and recently I played it for other people for the first time at a friend's 21st to a great reception. It's about time I let you guys have a listen, at least to one track as I'm pretty proud of it. It's the product of a lot of trial and error, and a lot of weed. I hope you all enjoy it!

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Ask and ye shall receive

Thanks for the compliments folks!

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Thanks for all the support guys! I just put a new track up, it's short yet powerful, like Rip Torn.

go get it

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

piss boner posted:

Not so much for me here.

Don't worry, I thought it wasn't very good.
(except for the last track which was quite the surprise)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Lt Moose posted:

Check out this mix by Madeon- Pop Culture (live mashup). I think this kid is 17, he has some serious talent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTx3G6h2xyA

I saw this the other day and my dreams died a little. He's amazingly talented.