Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!

Geno posted:

no idea what to say. i'm assuming you've listened to girl talk and milkman? dj earworm is another popular artist who has songs that are similar to that song. you can try the goon-made song The Wayne Manifesto by Icicle Bob!

OH SNAP

Smoke Show is so boring. From the opening samples, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

It's in Let's Go by Milkman

:parrot:

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Harminoff posted:

So I never tried to make a mashup before, and I really don't have much musical training, but for some reason I was bored today and wanted to give it a try. I must say it is much harder then I ever thought it would be, but is a really fun thing to at least attempt to do. After way to long I came together with this http://soundcloud.com/user5353068/wish-i-knew-take-2/s-7jyqJ

Now to just figure out a way to combine the three sections together.

It's so... postmodern

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Girl Talk is confirmed for Big Day Out 2012, ausgoons get ready to party

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I, Butthole posted:

stage invasions left right and centre aw yeah

Kind of hoping that he goes on before Odd Future in the Boiler Room for maximum crazy. I'm doing photos again this year so I'll be at the side of the pit waiting for the bumrush to stage.

If golf wang come on right after him it will be the craziest couple of hours of my life.

Hopefully I'll be able to apologise to the girl I hit with a tremendous uppercut while raising my fist righteously skyward to an A Milli sample the last time he played BDO

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

PS. Why would you split up talk is cheap

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

gohuskies posted:

"If you don't enjoy media the way I enjoy media, you aren't doing it right! No other options!"

Well you sure showed me.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Apparently the avalanches stopped working on their second album to focus on a deluxe ten year anniversary edition of their first.

Go figure.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

EVERYBODY WHO READS THIS THREAD

BUY A COPY OF SINCE I LEFT YOU BY THE AVALANCHES

MELBOURNE BANDS 4 LIFE

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Oggumogoggum posted:

Download "A Summer in 3/4 Time"

I wasn't sure about posting this here, because it's not strictly "Girl Talk" type stuff and it's not strictly "mashup" type stuff. I figured it wouldn't hurt to share it here.

This is Jens Lekman's A Summer in 3/4 Time. A couple of years ago Lekman was offered a chance to remix Au Revior Simone's song "Shadows" and, in doing so, transformed it from a pressing 4/4 time signature into a slow, waltzy, beautiful 3/4. Lekman started hearing 3/4 time all over the place, and kept adding other songs to the mix. This eventually resulted in an incredible 28-minute-long mixture of recent indie music, african pop, soul ballads, and old films.

I split the 28-minute long track into an 11-track "album" which you can download above. Like I said, it's much less hip-hoppy than most of what is posted in this thread, but it is an amazing experience. Please let me know what you think if you do end up listening to it.

Also, Ludachrist's BANGFEST is in the works. Hold tight.

I was not expecting a Puberty Blues sample. Who watches Puberty Blues and thinks, "you know what? This would sound amazing on a mixtape"

Australian movies in which a heroin addict loses his condom inside the main character for life

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Niven posted:

Please tell me someone here knows what the hell I'm talking about.

There was either a mixtape or mashup I listened to often, at one point adele's rolling in the deep is mixed with what sounds like maybe hot chip? I was out having some drinks with some friends when someone put on Rolling in the Deep, it was the first time I'd ever heard the original song and loudly proclaimed "Hey! I've heard this in ________"

The next morning I wanted to listen to it and promptly spent an hour going through my library trying to remember what the hell it was. I've now wasted countless hours googling, listening to lovely mashups on youtube, downloading random mixtapes and mashups and I can't find the goddamn thing.

Please, please someone tell me I'm not trying to remember something I dreamed or made up in a drunken state.

It was in that 3LAU mixtape

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I made this for the awful christmas album thread in GBS, and it's my christmas gift to the world.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Bad as in badass, right

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Saw Girl Talk at Big Day Out the other day in forty degrees c heat, was so sweaty by the time his set ended that my fingers had pruned up and my clothes were drenched and it was so awesome. It was the best!

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

That loving Buzz Lightyear bit is dreadful, otherwise you can tell they've really improved. Echoing what sonicice said about Fergie over Joan Jett, the song finally makes sense like it should have been that way all along.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

People hate it when Throw Some D's comes on but I still love it even if it is somewhat played out.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Enter The Magical Mystery Chambers was loving excellent, too.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Nothing makes me get the funk out more than when the holiday sample kicks in, it's my favourite part of that wonderful, wonderful record.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

As someone who has to listen to the radio at work, I'm probably not going to give that mixtape a second listen.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Regnevelc posted:

Holiday Inn was Chingy.

Chingy did have a song called Holidae Inn, but the phrase "hotel, motel, holiday inn" has been in countless hip hop tracks over the years, starting off with Rapper's Delight. It was definately Pitbull's dreadful Hotel Room Service in this case.

poo poo Computer seems pretty tight, giving it a listen now.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Nope, Milkman did on that last album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Maybe Freeway just sucks.