Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hammeredspace
Jun 22, 2008
I produce infinite faggotry

This is all really loving good. The link to his older albums is dead, however; does someone have a live link please?

edit: Whoops, it started working again.

hammeredspace fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 18, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hammeredspace
Jun 22, 2008
You guys ever think this stuff will become passé?

I hope not.

hammeredspace
Jun 22, 2008

baberaham lincoln posted:

:awesome:
Mash-up's are not new by any stretch of the imagination. Negativland has been making sound collages since the 70's, and dancey mash-ups started popping up in the mid 80's on college radio stations. Even the super heavy sampling glitch-pop Girl Talk-esqe stuff started about ten years ago with Soulwax's '2 Many DJs' shtick.

Basically, Mash-Ups are not a new genre, and there will always be artists playing 2 or more songs simultaneously. It will always sounds cool. Worse comes to worst, it'll go underground and a bunch of nerds will keep playing it even if it sucks (see ska...)

What strikes me is that, in the vast majority, these are all songs I wouldn't listen to individually. Like, I really don't care for rap, but the things some of these guys do with it makes it sound great to me. I feel like I'm being intolerant of a genre until they pour a pound of sugar on it, like medicine.