Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008
A fun time to be watching this thread :D I'll see if this new E-603 is worth paying for, I hope it is. And i'm really liking this Super Mash Bro.s stuff, but I wish they'd use more unique samples, because I'm recognising a lot of these from Girl Talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008

Slackerish posted:

How exactly are these mashups created in the first place? I thought to edit out vocals and/or instrumentation you need a master track of the song. Is there a program that makes mashup stuff relatively easy?

Creating an Accapella from a final track and an instrumental track is not that hard, but I have no idea how they seperate individual instruments in songs. That bit really confuses me.

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008

Amante posted:

tanner4105. Fellow goon and very good. If you like Ludachrist, you should like tanner's stuff. I'd recommend both the Bad Apollo and Tanmania albums.

Tanmania is loving insane, one of the big stumbling blocks for me with mashup music, especially with Girl Talk, is that it's too 'stoppy/starty', it doesn't flow very well because he uses too many samples. But this is practically seamless, most of it could easily be a album by a conventional band. This is really god drat gooooood.

I hope I never have to hear "Come on Eileen" in a mashup again though because i'm sick of it.