Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
I am an avid fan of Girl Talk's 3rd (Night Ripper) and 4th (Feed the Animals) album. So i checked out his 1st (Secret Diary) and 2nd (Unstoppable). It is quite interesting as they show progression from album to album, the first and second are far more mashup glitchy pop. With that said i have been enjoying his 2nd, Unstoppable alot but can't get into his first so much.

Recently got some E-603, very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
So the Yacht Club DJs have been causing a bit of hype around my area of Australia (Melbourne). Well worth a look see, funky as poo poo.

e; The new milkman single is awesome, very much looking forward to the upcoming.

e2; Also digging Speaky and his new(ish) album Greatest Spits

SassyCommander fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 12, 2010

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Lakitu7 posted:

Is there stuff available anywhere for purchase or free legally? Last.fm lists way more than the 4 tracks on their myspace but I'm not finding any reference to an album or anything. Where are they coming from? I like how a lot of these samples are unconventional as hell. Who samples the theme from Roger freakin Ramjet?

I've looked as well, unfortunately couldn't find anything in regards to an album at all. They toured late last year around AU and are kicking off with another national tour this Saturday. Already have my ticket for Saturday :woop:. So maybe after they have created enough hype after/during this tour they might come out with some some purchasable material.

Their out of Ballarat(Some rural party town), Victoria.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
Yacht Club was very impressive last night, tons of energy (on par with Girl Talk, though Girl Talk does it with seemingly more class). I think the thing that impressed me the most is that they were able to produces an electric 1.5h set without using hardly any(at all?) of those regular somewhat overused samples. Danced my rear end off.

There was also an album release, i cant find the digital download yet but one of the duo did jump in an inflatable boat and handed them out while crowd surfing.

They are doing a guest DJ set on Triple J today in Australia, stream it here. It's starts at 2 p.m Melbourne time, so that should be 8 p.m L.A time? I'm not sure how daylight saving changes time differences.

SassyCommander fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 15, 2010

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Nam Taf posted:

Here is a set they did for Triple J a week or so ago. Unfortunately it has some retarded 100 download limit to it but I'm sure it'll be elsewhere around.

Ooooh thank you very much!

I lucky enough to get tickets for their on-demand show on the thursday in melbourne.

Wasn't their set just the greatest? Had a blast, some guys kept jumping on stage (after about 50 or so members of the crowd were kicked off by the bouncers and the set was momentarily halted) and did some crab inspired dance. Every time i saw him i attempt to imitate.

After the set they were mingling with the crowd and i approached one of them to thank them for the show, i was incredibly drunk, beardy, and sweaty. I clasped his hand in a double handed hand-shake. I saw terror in his eyes :(

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Skeezy posted:

Oh man, I really hope it's the second album. This is exciting but who knows.

Edit: New page! Umm, have some Frontier Psychiatrist or something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8BWBn26bX0

I swear they announce a second album nearly every year. I was surprised to find out that until recently (2009) they used to dj regularly at a bar in Melbourne, well according to the wiki that is.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Geno posted:

i've listened to All Day 4-5 times and it's grown on me. in the end, i don't think it will be better than NR or FTA.

It's good and i like it, but it reminds me of some sort of B side tape.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Geno posted:

fyi, Milkman's cd new will be out tomorrow 9am PST

I feel like the count down timer has been resetting back to 00.01.00.00 at 00.00.00.00 then counting down to zero again for about 6 or so hours now...

e; iv'e been holding my dick in anticipation.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
Only 2 tracks into Algorithms and i'm already thoroughly impressed in a groovy manner.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Rhgr posted:

Love the bit in Here We Go Again where he the Barry Manilow sample that Daft Punk used, but actually goes on to use the whole thing.

Really hope he doesn't give up mashups, having that lovely Breaking Free song come on at the end is a total downer.

Hampered even further by the even shittier remix. Does the final in the trilogy mean that he's done making mashups? I'm going to go ahead and assume yes, but i'm still hopeful that he will release more at some point, when he realises that he was a far more popular mashup artist than electro artist.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
Ludachrist takes it for me. They were all good releases but i enjoyed Talk is cheap the most. 'Sweet dreams' mixed in with 'bitches and money' makes me lose my poo poo everytime.

Best of booty and DJ Whoquestion's mix are both very enjoyable.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
Ask GT who is his favorite mashup artist?

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Nam Taf posted:

but I figure some may be interested in it.

Thankyou for this, its fresh enough for several re-listens.

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
So Girl Talk produced this track - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMWBHlsBHF8 (also linked this in nmd raps)

Its not a mashup so my apologies for that, but its girl talk nonetheless. Im not aware of other non-mashupesque tracks of girltalk, a new direction for him maybe like milkman?

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
Yacht Club DJs have uploaded their mix tape Demons Of Gymnastics on soundcloud, in anticipation for the parklife tour. It's going to be a loving party and a half.

http://soundcloud.com/yachtclubdjsmusic/sets

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Oggumogoggum posted:

Hello, mashup thread!

Thankyou very much, I have been aware of Z-Trip for a while, but never really explored of much of his material. He is great at mixing, i feel like this week it might give my headphones a flogging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009
Tokit I've been enjoying your mashups. They show promise, i looking forward to hearing more as they are released.

Yacht Club DJs for the Australian goons, announced a tour for their most recent mix. The mix and tour dates are found here - http://musicfeeds.com.au/yacht-club-djs/ I'm going to grab a ticket for the Melbourne show if they are still available.

I honestly haven't given it a solid listening to, but so far I've been digging it.

edit: Yacht Club DJs are giving away their mix its not :filez:

SassyCommander fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 13, 2012