Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Also, don't forget everyone, that Super Mash Bros is coming out with their second album on June 23rd. A teaser has been posted here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cv1geqbrjmw/albumteaser.mp3

Sounds decent, though I'm definitely agreeing with people in this thread that when I hear something like "Throw Some D's on that bitch" I hear it the way Girl Talk used it, then I think of it the way SMB used it, then E-603, then Ludachrist.

SgtScruffy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Reptar The King posted:

Girl Talk is coming to my school in September but I've heard he is very boring live. Anyone see him?

Also, this thread is great. I love Ludachrist.

I'm going to assume this is fake, but nonetheless, go see him live, and go see him as drunk as possible.

I'm just not liking the new E-603 album, to be honest. There are some good moments, but the samples he uses are slightly too obscure for me. However, near the end with Abba mixed with Katy Perry blew my mind entirely.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

If you're up for some Zelda-Hip Hop Mashup, go for The Legend of Curtis, an EP by Ludachrist (though I'm sure most of the people in the thread have heard it)

http://www.worshipludachrist.com/worshipludachrist/mp3s/Legend%20of%20Curtis%20EP.zip

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

weekly font posted:

I noticed what had to be a very last minute addition last time I listened where in between transitions there's the unavoidable, singular, sub-second burst: I WHIP MY HAIR

I read an interview with him where he said that yeah, he threw that in like, Saturday night or something like that.

Also, I'm echoing the sentiments of everyone else - Night Ripper was magic because it was fresh and new and different, FTA was great as well, but now theres just so many mashup artists out there that the new album is good, and solid, but I'm not floored anymore. His live shows are still one gigantic party though, which is always appreciated.

One thing I don't agree with, is everyone saying how great the ending is - I like the sorta epicness of Imagine, but it just seems so SLOW compared to the great sample from Faithfully on FTA.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

It hasn't been said nearly enough in this thread, or in life in general: Everyone needs to see Girl Talk at least once in their life. I saw him for the fifth time last night in Richmond, VA, and drat if it wasn't one of the best times I've seen him.

Does anyone know what the process is to get on stage these days is? It used to be just "Rush the stage!" but now I think you have to get in line before the show, or something?

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

UnculturedSwine posted:

I've been dying to see GT live. He's coming to Atlanta in September but tickets are $90-$100. I loving love GT, but, drat, that's a lot for a ticket. :(

Is his show worth $100?

Jesus, is this for a festival, or is it that how much he charges nowadays?

He's totally worth the money, but Jesus, I feel like he should be charging no more than $30 because that's just gouging.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Sisgmund posted:

I think I have found my favourite mashup of 2013 - https://soundbutt.com/d-j-detweiler/miley-cyrus

:drat: son where'd ya find that?

This is the best remix of anything of all time.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Nam Taf posted:

I miss Milkman and The White Panda also.
The White Panda split up and one of them continued on under the name, and still very occasionally releases 'Panda Waves' mixtapes but they're not mashup as their albums were, rather they're more traditional DJ mixes.

I saw a White Panda show once, thinking it would be a fun mashup show; instead it was just a regular trap-ish DJ show that was mostly teenagers on E, and then me at like 2x the age of everyone, and it made me immensely uncomfortable.

In conclusion, bring back E-603.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Elendil004 posted:

There are some great albums in Mashups but seriously I don't know if anything holds a candle to Feed the Animals. I'm doing some poo poo-boring data entry and I can just turn off and jam to it li ke nothing else.

I saw him live during that era and at the end he hit the “Woaaahhh” sample from Faithfully that ends the album, put it on loop, and got in an inflatable raft and rafted over the crowd for five full minutes with everyone just screaming the woaahhh part. It was a lifetime concert highlight