Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugad
May 30, 2005

Tokit posted:

Here you go.

I think the first 20 minutes is pretty soild, still working on the last 5-6 minutes though.

I listened to this and decided to jot down a few notes as I did so. Some of the advice is pretty subjective to my taste in mashup's and you might not agree with some of it. I have a tenuous grasp on the work that goes into making mashups, so if any of this is stupid, forgive me:

Starts out a bit bland but gets pretty good once A Milli and Come Sail Away start up. I also really like Soldier Boy and California.

Could’ve done more with California, Wonderwall and Bitches Ain't poo poo – I realize you revisit Bitches Ain't poo poo later but I think it works so well with both of these songs that I’d like to hear more of it on both of them. Maybe some verses if they work.

Use more rap verses and less repetition. This is entirely my opinion as far as what I prefer to hear in mashups, but I know that when I hear a particularly compatible pair of samples + rap hooks or whatever, I want to hear a verse as well, obviously allowing that it works with whatever the other sample is.

Ayo Technology + Gotta Stay High Maybe you could mix Ayo Technology a bit louder and work on the transistion to with Paper Planes and Mr Roboto, it's kind of rough I think.

Baba O’Riley + Benny Benassi is awesome

Justice mashup is so/so at first but gets better

Stuntin Like My Daddy is well executed, but maybe another backing sample at some point, gets a bit eh towards the end

Maybe less beat on Geto Boys section? I dunno I'm just guessing what might sound good here.

During the Move Bitch with the whistling, could you possibly integrate the original beat as well? The whistling seems pretty close to the flute in it.

Hell yes on the Dschingis Khan sample + fresh prince, I’d like to hear more of Fresh Prince over that sample before you change it, the second backing sample is the weakest for all the fresh prince section, in my opinion, but the rest of it is great.

From here to about where Throw Some D’s starts was alright but nothing caught my attention. Nothing would’ve been jarring enough to make me stop dancing though

Throw Some D’s was alright, but I’ve heard it in so many mashups it’s getting old.

Anyway I liked quite a bit of it, but there were a few sections that didn't really do that much for me, and a couple that I just didn't like. Overall though it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugad
May 30, 2005

Kerk posted:

Super Mash Bros new album All About the Scrillions out now!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mwxzbjv2imj

Touch The Sky + Let's Dance might be new favorite mash up.

edit: I may have spoken too soon...Super Mash Bros. have stepped their game up.

edit2: A seriously good idea: get stoned as gently caress and listen to this album.

sugad fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 25, 2009