Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

webmeister posted:

I like it, though it's nowhere near as good as Bambooyah or Pandamonium. Haven't quite finished listening but there's nothing in there that really makes me sit up and go :wow: like Mo Money Mo Problems/Free Fallin' or Midnight City/Good Life.

I'm diving in to White Panda right now and listened through both Bearly Legal and Pandamonium today. I had Pandamonium but never actually listened to it. What a mistake that was, these guys are fantastic. This is Milkman-level smooth.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

webmeister posted:

Check out Bambooyah as well, I think it's probably their best.

I think you're right here. I spent the entirety of today with it playing at my desk. So many memorable mixes that just grab a perfect theme and run with it. Bittersweet Donald, Roc Woman, Mo Free Mo Fallin', Midnight Life and more. They all give me huge Milkman vibes in the best way possible (I'm thinking Controversy off Circle of Fiths or Another One from Algorithms). This is top shelf poo poo.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

The Yacht Club DJs are touring the UK:

YCDJ Facebook posted:

Friday 5th July - Propaganda London, O2 Academy Islington
Thursday 11th July - Propaganda Cardiff, Glam
Friday 12th July - Ramshackle Bristol, O2 Academy Bristol
Saturday 13th July - Propaganda Dublin, The Academy

Go see them, they're fun and get drunk.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

The Get Lucky - Michael Jackson is sick.

Is it loving ever, I can't wait.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

DL link is hosed for me. Sigh. It won't email the code to me. It's not in spam.

e: duck sauce mixtape will help stem the tears.

e2: Never mind, click on the DFF1 download link to get DFF3.zip: http://dl.3lau.com/DFF3.zip

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 30, 2013

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Geno posted:

Mashup Germany released their 2013 mix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhYHOPFioOE

Wasn't really feeling it especially in the middle when the instrumentals was just overpowering the vocals.

The soundcloud version is a bit better. I think it's the compresison maybe? It is pretty evenly balanced but the SC version sounds just that crucial bit less overpowering to me.

still got nothing on 2011, but nothing will.

e: except united states of pop 2009

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 29, 2013

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Geno posted:

no love for pop danthology 2012?

You're right, it is also very good and I'm excited to see how it pans out this year.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Isosine won this year. Good work for a newcomer.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Similarly, they just also released their Uppers & Downers Promo Mix 2014 which'll have a download link in the next few days. It is a 114 minute conglomoration of some tracks off that album and other random stuff they've picked up along the way, similar to the Made in Germany and the Back to the Future promo mixes from the last couple of years.

e: The promo mix is only 128kbps and you can hear it. If you wait for a better-quality download I wouldn't blame you. It sounds pretty compressed in some areas. Good mix though.

Also, Kap Slap released his Spring Break Mix 2014 which is a nice 60 minute clubby dance mix.

e2: I forgot the above wants you to follow him on twitter, etc. so here is the mediafire link it gave me. I don't know if it is time-limited or anything but click and try.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 12, 2014

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

New Yacht Club DJs came out yesterday, called Oddity No.5 here. It seems pretty laid-back and cruisy - I like it.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

What a shitshow.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

nomapple posted:

Rediscovered this sorta stuff when I couldn't sleep last night. Anyone got any working links to the "clubbier than Girl Talk" stuff that was mentioned at the beginning of the thread? Those myspace pages are kind of dead.

3LAU and Kap Slap the kind of poo poo you after?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

This is a pretty awesome site:

http://www.mashupbreakdown.com/uspop2009

Click 'more artists and albums' in the top left to check more stuff out. The Earworm stuff with the number of separate samples makes for impressive viewing!

Also, I had to use Chrome for it to work. It looks like it's HTML5 audio.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

BlueBayou posted:

For a while Earworm had a thing for USOP 2009 that was all the lyrics and what songs they came from. It was on his site, but it seems to be gone now :[

That was good stuff

Mashup Breakdown does a pretty good job of it and others.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

The White Panda

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

It sure is a White Panda album! Liking it a lot, but I've not yet had that 'Why a G6' / 'Mo Free Mo Fallin' / 'Firefly' moment where I just go :aaaaa:

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

BlueBayou posted:

Not feeling it, but let me give it like 5 more listens and Im sure it will grow on me

I think i just really really dislike the underlying song, Where Are U Now. That stupid flutey sound arrggg

Completely agree with you. I don't like it cause of that loving stupid sound.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Malsgrein posted:

up until recently Yacht Club DJs were releasing really good albums pretty regularly

They called it a day for a couple of years until last year, then came back for a 'maybe, maybe not' tour and now no one knows what the future will bring.

They did release what their 2016 tour set was, more or less, here.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Yacht Club DJs still occasionally play a few gigs a year, but they're all in Melbourne (naturally) and whilst I wish they'd do a nostalgia tour, I'm happy enough to fly down. They don't really release new poo poo these days though.

I do miss classic Girl Talk for skill, Super Smash Bros for a nice balance, and Ludachrist for just being pants-on-head insane.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I miss Milkman and The White Panda also.
The White Panda split up and one of them continued on under the name, and still very occasionally releases 'Panda Waves' mixtapes but they're not mashup as their albums were, rather they're more traditional DJ mixes.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Ok that's loving dank

edit: holy gently caress his entire channel is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1cUIXVWaV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm08v69vG10

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 21, 2020

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Bootie Mashup's twitch channel is live with Jupiter Gatling playing a set. She's been going for the last few hours but she's in Berlin so who knows how much longer she'll go?

Link here. It's taking me way back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Got my early access link to Nightcub about 15 mins ago. Can't wait to give it a spin in a moment.