Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Hey Fang, is that GSP growing on your magfloat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Hey Bob are you still in Pensacola? We got a pretty decent Reefclub going on if you ever want to trade frags.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Here is a shot of my tank with just Actinics, one of the legs on the hood is busted, having a hard time locating a replacement.

When I had a a leather that was growing like crazy

Picked up this brain that had been in a store for awhile and wasn't looking the greatest.

Here it is now, it gets fed everyday, it's colored up nicely and new polyps have shown up.

Here are some random shot of some of the other corals.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
He gets a squirt of http://www.rodsfood.com/ and Mysis shrimp, whatever I'm feeding the fish really.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Is this new live rock and where did you get it? I know some of the cultured rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater has all sorts of stuff on it.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Sure am, real good friends with the guys at water world. If you are still in pensacola we should trade some frags.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I'll be moving soon and going to have to take down my 75Gal Mixed reef I've had for over 4 years. I'll be selling all my equipment and once I get settled down again I'll rebuild a tank. I'm cruising for ideas on a interesting tank size. I was thinking of doing a 55Tub but as a peninsula set up. I know I will be going the LED route since helping my friend set up his on a 135 SPS tank. Anyone have any strange or interesting tank sizes they have seen or set up?

Here is a crappy video of my current tank. A lot of stuff has been fragged up and sold to support the next tank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnNt8kzF-W0

TooLShack fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 3, 2010

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Because the LEDs that are used in Aquarium lighting aren't cheap. My friend did a DIY led set up and the CREE leds he was using was around 6 bucks each, multiply that by 70+ leds and it adds up.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Speaking of refugiums, I finally got mine set up this weekend. Will be somewhat of a "show" refugium, gonna add some seahorses to it once some pods get built up. Friend just tore his tank down Wed so I was able to snag some good live sand, we washed it out with his old tank water to preserve the life in it, worms and all sorts of critters are in it. Anyways here are some pictures.

The fuge is a 30 tall which connects to a 20 sump with the main tank being a 75. Please ignore the cyno, it doesn't bother me but some people don't like it, the fuge should help clean it up. This tank used to have a 18 tall that was filled to the max with algae but broke during a tank move back in sept.

I bought this acan below as a single polyp, was marketed as orange crush at the LFS, but as it grew more and more green showed up.

One of my favorite plates, I've had him for over 2 years now.

Good friends with the gents at one of the LFS in town, got this awesome Wellsophyllia for just formatting and reinstalling windows.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

ludnix posted:

What lighting do you have over the 75?

Was running a 6 bulb T5 set up, but one of my ballasts have gone out, so now just running 4 bulbs, don't have as much SPS as I once did so not too much of an issue.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Duck, I get it too, think it's just some kind of bacteria.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
It's cool dude, I'm a lazy bastard when it comes to my glass also.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Snails are awesome. I even got some in my tank with out me knowing. Exchanged some live sand with a friend. Couple months later starting seeing Nassarius snails in the tank I never bought. Now they come out every night out of the sand to clean the tank. Some of the inverts I got are my favorite things in have in the tank. My moving turd of a sea hare is pretty awesome. He gets moved between the main tank and the refug if the main tank doesn't have anything for him to eat. It's so cool to see him slide around munching on things.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Check out craigslist for some used stuff, since you aren't going crazy with corals or anything I'm sure you could score to decent equipment on the cheap.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

Fermunky posted:

Video (also, anyone have a tip for stoping that horrible draining tube sound I get from the down tube?

http://www.dursostandpipes.com/

Just make something like that yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
Go to Lowes or Homedepot and get one of the watering timers.

• Locked thread