Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do you have to watch age of ultron to watch civil war or is civil war a sequel to winter soldier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool thanks i have a personal hatred for every avenger except captain and hulk and didnt really wanna sit through a movie of them

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klungar posted:

Civil War still has all the Avengers, and doesn't have Hulk.

black panther is kickin rad tho they can have all the lovely avengers they want including scarlet johansen as long as black panther is there taking no prisoners

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i watched the lost boys last night for the first time and that is basically the perfect movie. was it succesfull when it came out because im surprised there was never a sequel

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's be honest here....

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TBH the love story was the weakest part of the film alot of it was just the "feel"

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
street fighter 2 the anime movie just cmae out on blu ray ive never watched it do i watch the japanese one or the english one the blu ray has both

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EL BROMANCE posted:

The music was the main difference from memory. The American version was more rock orientated.

thanks i watched it and hated it anyways so

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah it's not good at all, sadly. We had it when it came out and we were about 13 and the only scene anyone ever mentioned was the Chun Li in the shower one.

yeah that scene was still in there but even that was pretty pointless. the whole movei was entirely pointless actually

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ive never seen fast and furious do i just start from movei 1 and jump in

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank you for this fast lesson

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do any of you guys have any recommendation on books about film history?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for reccs guys. Also any books that tell stories of early Hollywood like how Easy Rider Raging Bulls did

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The marketing and in cinemas trailer basically gave it away.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s a dumb movie but that one circus movie with Waltz and the twilight dude was really nice and Waltz is great in it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I feel like watching Aguirre again sometime soon, and I wonder if I should ask my wife if she wants to watch it too. She's pretty sensitive to animal cruelty in film, and while I don't distinctly remember that Kinsky, like, stabbed a crocodile or something, it seems like a very likely thing to have happened. Should I go solo on this one?

This is funny, I had the same exact thought about it recently. I’ve never seen it before but I remember hearing there’s something bad / off putting about t. Is it just that monkey scene?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any good movies about the Roman Empire

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched that last week which made me ask that question hah.

That movie aged extremely well

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah more Cesar and such. I guess there’s always the Rome tv show.

Thanks for the suggestions

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish criterion would put the beastie boys anthology out on blu ray because that had some amazing behind the scenes documentaries o all their videos.

The sad thing is, those videos aren’t as impressive in the modern age. I showed my 22 year old GF Body Movin , Star Guitar by Crystal Method and Drop by the Pharcyde and she was so disinterested and unimpressed and i realized that any idiot can make something like that now a days.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes chemical brothers my bad lol. But something like that can be done easily now a days, you wouldn’t have to model it out. And there’s soooo many unique and weird and cool music videos now a days that those ones aren’t as special anymore.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MoviePass and all those other services just read off of Fandango. So my two little local theatres aren’t o it :/ I cancelled my subscription today though

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Facebook marketing and such is the top marketing because ya stupidly easy to hide that it’s a Ad.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven’t seen any of the mission impossible films should I bother watching 1-3 or just go right in to that first good one (I forgot what it’s called)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think they made the Harry Potter movies to get into jk Rowling’s pants because they made it up with the theme parks liscence.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought it was boring

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yakuza 0 is basically a rip of the Battles Without Honor and Humanity movie right down to the main villain looking exactly like the main villain of that. So watch that. It’s a good movie too.

But you’re right. You could say Yakuza 0 was set in 2000 and not be able to tell a difference. It does a bad job of depicting 1980s Tokyo

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that why his last three movies have been increasingly mediocre

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you guys recommend I watch to capture 70s and 80s NYC? Besides the warriors that is

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks all

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Might as well go to the 90s too!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was expecting Home Alone but that works lol

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is his last name Jablowme

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Buster Scruggs is real bad wow.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My first and last was MI3 not because it sucked but because I don’t know how you can top Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How come very good 80s and 90s directors kinda poo poo up the 00s? Spielberg, Cameron etc? Or is it just they got old and out of touch?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I should contest this by saying I was watching ready player one. I just don’t recal as many eye rolling dialog in his other movies until now. “Oooohhh old school!” 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I honestly don’t think Scorcese has made a banger since gangs of New York but I’m probably alone in that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What’s the holy grail of unreleased movies? Is there even one like how the holy grail of music is The Beatles Carousel of Light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where can I read more about effects and how they were done?