Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
I'm not into griefing, but nothing can compare to the griefing possible in Space Station 13.

My favorite classic is mislabeling/misfilling containers. Stealthily empty all the oxygen tanks and fill them with a toxic gas and place them back in the emergency lockers, then use the radio to announce there's no air in the main corridor. For bonus points, pull the oxygen tanks off the dead bodies and put them back in the lockers. This also works well for pill jars in medical bay; relabeling some nicely lethal pill as "anti-toxin" works for a double whammy.

On that matter, re-programming the AI to think oxygen is toxic to humans works well too.

Diogines posted:

Finally it got to Fort Teth... and the slaughter began. In AC if you died, your corpse dropped your a few of your best items, though no one but you could get the items for hours. Fort Teth being a hub of the game, people would bring their mules there, low level characters filled with loot to trade and no combat ability. The rabbit arrived and... the slaughter began. It went on for close to 5 hours. The game had poor path finding AI, once the rabbit was in the fort it coudl not get out, but it COULD attack anyone in range. The ground was so covered in corpses you could not see it in large patches. At first people were calling in allegiance(guild) mates to make an event out of it, to try to kill the dreaded rabbit. Then it turned to desperation. People died and starting losing seriously great loot but they could not go to recover them because the rabbit would one shot everyone who showed up. The rabbit went unkilled, but people kept coming in for hours and hours, just logging in, having no idea what awaited them and instantly dying. Most would come back after dying to see what happened and... die again.

It was a thing of beauty.

Don't forget that in Asheron's Call monsters leveled up from killing players :)

Bremen fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Relayer posted:

Back in early ultima online, I used to run scam lotteries on lake superior. I'd basically make a legit looking website with the rules of the lottery and the prizes (things like placed towers and stuff, none of which existed) as well as the date that the "drawing" would "take place". Tickets would be 1000 gold, and you could buy as many as you wanted. I'd give them a book with a number in it for each "ticket". People would actually fall for this poo poo... I made an alt to use as the lotto character, and to spam links to the website at the brit and vesper banks. People would just hand me stacks of 1000 gold all day long. To cover my rear end even more I would pretend like I was entering the lotto on my main, and be like "gee I hope this isnt a scam!!" to my friends.

When the day of the drawing came I just didn't log in.

Just log in and pick the winner as the number you sold to your main :).

That's what most lottos in EVE online do.

• Locked thread