Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

World of Warcraft
Get an Elekk mount (an elephant), stand on top of the flight NPC so people can't target him, go AFK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I don't know how much it counts as griefing, but in WoW when I was really bored I created an alt called Grammarman and had him stand in Stormwind, correcting everyone in the general channel on their grammar. I hid myself away so people wouldn't come and /spit and the number of threats that I'd be reported was high enough to make it all worthwhile.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

CrushedB posted:

I'm surprised that none of the victims have posted in this thread to confront their griefers.

Zed Xionova posted:

:shivdurf:

Less drama, more griefing. This thread prompted me to get Second Life and create a huge fat avatar which I eventually intend to annoy people with. So far it's pretty dull though.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Crash Bandicoot posted:

:words:

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these here forums. When I first read it I had tears running down my face. When I tried to recount the story to someone else I had tears running down my face. When I re-read it a couple of hours later I had tears running down my face.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I'm oh so eager to try and be a cock in SL but every time I try and do something it reminds me what it's like to have 56K. I am on an 11Mbit connection but when I go to a new place I go AFK for 10 mins and it's still not loaded by the time I get back. This redefines lag. That, and it runs incredibly slowly on my ATI 4850.

Sir Sidney Poitier fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 11, 2008

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Bieeardo posted:

Pretty sure they ban by MAC address, too. Not that it's impossible to get a new IP, or to mask your MAC.

Excuse my potential ignorance, but how would they know your MAC address? Surely that's not forwarded beyond your router?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

SolidRed posted:

I remember the day when you claimed Xan had died, and nowhere in my life have i felt pain that great before.

There's no pain like internet pain.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

In World of Warcraft there's a mammoth mount which lets you carry two passengers. I was sat in a low level area (Duskwood) on it and a level 27 asked for a ride, so I invited him. He hopped on and didn't have the good sense to hop off again when he saw me riding towards Deadwind Pass (level 50+ area).

I safely guided us around the enemies who tried to attack him to a very high bridge near the instance Karazhan. I then jumped off the bridge and ejected him from his seat at the apex of my leap, from where he fell to his death. The fall killed my mount, but within 5 seconds I'd summoned it again and rode off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Fame Throwa posted:

My little brother plays Runescape. Once, for a few months he made a female character and scammed money and magic items by pretending to have a relationship with lonely nerds. He had like 20 sugar daddies at one point and none of them knew each other. He got away with it for a few months but then one of his friends recognized him and told everyone their hot internet girlfriend was really a nerdy middle school boy. The fallout was awesome, I'm sure.

Back when I played that game that happened to the richest guy on the game (Mctavish). A guy who made a female character called Lovely420 'married' him and got all sorts of perks, then it came out (or it was admitted) that he was a guy.

• Locked thread