Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Diogines posted:

I did this a lot, but not really for griefing. As a spec op, straping your C4 onto the front of a keep or buggy and ramming a tank, jump the last second and click, was a great way to take them out.

In the MMO Asherons Call there was an area called Fort Teth. At the time, it was one of the most populated areas in the game, always very crowded. Peopel were coming and leaving constantly, you might find 300 people there at peak time. There were in fact 300 people there at peak time. It was on the other side of the game world from most of the populated cities and in the middle of a (huge) hostile region, which took up roughly a third of the game world. Asherons Call did not have zones, it was one massive, seamless world.

Also in this game was the dread Killer Bunny. This bunny was not seriously meant to be killed, really it was a monty python joke. It had never been killed up to this point. The bunny was a an hour and 10 minute run from Fort Teth from it's cave. The rabbit could outrun well, anyone, though with a fast player, it might take some time to catch up. It always automatically targeted the closest player. Myself and a large group of compatriots got in fighting range and then, ran. It kept killing us but we had enough people in on this to keep it chasing after us the whole way.

Finally it got to Fort Teth... and the slaughter began. In AC if you died, your corpse dropped your a few of your best items, though no one but you could get the items for hours. Fort Teth being a hub of the game, people would bring their mules there, low level characters filled with loot to trade and no combat ability. The rabbit arrived and... the slaughter began. It went on for close to 5 hours. The game had poor path finding AI, once the rabbit was in the fort it coudl not get out, but it COULD attack anyone in range. The ground was so covered in corpses you could not see it in large patches. At first people were calling in allegiance(guild) mates to make an event out of it, to try to kill the dreaded rabbit. Then it turned to desperation. People died and starting losing seriously great loot but they could not go to recover them because the rabbit would one shot everyone who showed up. The rabbit went unkilled, but people kept coming in for hours and hours, just logging in, having no idea what awaited them and instantly dying. Most would come back after dying to see what happened and... die again.

It was a thing of beauty.

So how did it end if nobody could kill it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Howard Beale posted:

Who doesn't do this with regular chests? (Enjoy your Dalaran Sharp!)

You goddamn dick.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Peoples SL stories make it way more glamorous then it is :smith:. The learning curve is pretty drat big, and I wouldn't expect anyone to make something like in this thread anytime soon.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

MiF posted:

:words:
Zed has since quit HellMOO, but he'll most likely return one day. In the meantime, you can send him a message on our very own SA forums! He's registered as ZedXionova here.

I still have a few more I'll post tomorrow if people are interested.

Maybe he was banned? When I try to add him to my buddy list, it says thats not a person.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wish I could get the TF2 achievements to get the gun to do it :argh:!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Soviet posted:

Apparently the flares lag the entire server and not just people who see it on screen. Nice.

I got the flare gun but now can't for the life of me get them to stick :saddowns:.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

XTimmy posted:

Good loving god if I didn't have a fear of clusters I'd be all over that pyro poo poo...
What's a fear of clusters called again? Like lots of spots together?

I hate them too, but only with holes like wtftit.

We crashed a server. It took like 20 minutes with 4-5 people, but after the first 2 it was lagging so bad everyone else quit.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

I thought so too, but you really have to get the angles and surfaces just right. It worked all of 30min ago. The flares stick but I can't shoot enough to lag the server.

Just gotta keep at it. Big name servers are pretty heavy duty and will take a lot more then you will ever be able to do to crash it before you are noticed.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

BrockStar posted:

Crouch, and look up and slightly to the left. If standing look down and slightly to the left.

No idea why this doesn't work when looking to the right, but I'd guess it's tied to the bug that lets you shoot grenades through the gates during setup.

It appears where the barrel would be making contact to the object if you could get just that much closer. I think it is to do with that it dosen't have enough time to even exit the barrel before it hits the object.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Revener posted:

As of 12:40 Alaskan Time this still worst and I have crashed two servers thus far.

Quick question though: I can easily do it on shelves, but walls are seemingly impossible, what am I doing wrong?

It only works on models.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Some guy named cunne was doing the flare thing in a server I joined and I asked if he had stairs in his house and he called me a human being. :(

The correct response is "No, but I have flares in my house."

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Griefing where people lose items or something in game is funny. Griefing where everyone just switches servers and continues is not funny.

I mean continue having fun and all, it's just that it pales in comparison to the awesome stuff that was posted and now we have, as someone else pointed out, a whoel bunch of screenshots and "stories" that are all the same. "I shot my gun a bunch of people signed off".

Great. Now let's let the creative people explain some of the interesting things they've done.

That's the same thing for team killing, or any FPS or game thats not an MMO. You can always just go to another server because of anything. But people don't. And that is the funny.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

Here's something interesting I found.

In any Counter-Strike: Source server reporting est_version 0.418, you can type "changelevel <whatever>" with the quotes in the console, and it changes the map instantly. It also leaves no trace in any server log, and 99% of admins don't know what the gently caress and start freaking out.

There's a list of matching servers here for your griefing pleasure.

[Team Flare] has adopted this as their child. And it is fun.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Discombobulator posted:

WoW :words:

Oh my jesus the reported mod is fun. My server has an obsession with [Warp Slicer] legendary weapon. Can someone help me set it up so it responds to that weapon with [Jamp Slicer]?

Some choice screenshots, all taken within 2 hours of getting the mod.

(They are trying to set it off, not knowing if it was a timer or I was manually doing it or what)

And comedy frog on wolf.

I also met a goon while doing this, although he didn't like the name goon.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

tv iv is nerds posted:

:words:

You're a humongous human being. Cheating or using external programs is not funny. Griefing is about using the game mechanics already in the game.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I did the TF2 sniper teleporting thing. Was pretty funny, but nobody really responded and I only got like 10 teleports.

• Locked thread