Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mexpak
Nov 9, 2006
Everquest

A while ago Sony released Everquest Titanium, which was I think their first mega-compilation of the game. My friend and I along with a few old guildies we still chatted with all picked it up to dick around for a bit until we got bored again. At the time, there were these repeatable quests that you could do with characters of any level, as they turned you into a group of humans all the same level.

There was one quest in particular that was really easy and gave a lot of xp. It had a 40 min reset, and took around 20 min to do if people knew what they were doing, so this ended up being mega popular. The hub zone for the quest, HighHoldPass, was packed with anywhere from 300-500 people round the clock.

One of my group remembered that there was some old unkillable or at least retardedly powerful rogue epic quest giver or something elsewhere in the zone, who is kos to nearly everyone. So we had our necro dude pull him down to the swarm of people and feign death. This mob went on an epic loving rampage, the zone population dwindled down to under 20 at times, between people dying/fleeing to zonelines to get the gently caress out of the way.

This was extremely hilarious, and yet we thought on how to heighten the faggotry even more. Another dudes alt was a paladin, who around mid-level get a lovely, no xp giving ressurection spell. He started rezzing people, none of which clued into the fact they would get no xp from the rez. Of course, we were keeping the mob agro there, so he would end up killing them over and over again.

Thanks to SoEs awful customer service, we were able to do this until we got bored, then come back the next day and do it over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread