Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
http://www.spleens.net/

The best griefing in any game ever. From Ultima Online

Also, in WoW, Play a shadow priest and Mind Control people off of anything and everything, remember to cancel the buff in the air so they actually die. Also fun if you do it on boats/zepplins. I play horde and usually hide on a hard to reach spot on the front of a boat and toss people off making them miss the boat. Too bad it isn't like everquest where you could root someone underwater halfway across the ocean and they drowned and were unable to recover their corpse.

Prince Reggie K fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I tried my turn at cage dancing:

And then Changed into a human briefly, to entice some fool into sex, then took on my true form mid-copulation to his extreme disgust. This was supposedly doggy style, but it turned out more like face-loving.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

Sanctum posted:

Getting back into Garry's Mod and I was quickly reminded of why I grief. The build servers are run by the most assholish nitpicking admins who literally expect you to twiddle your fingers and watch them because anything else you do causes lag and they'll have none of that.

One admin made me delete my Auschwitz because the smoke stacks were 'causing lag' and after I turned them off the lights were also 'causing lag.' I decided to just play with balls. So I just finished making a cluster of 12 bouncy balls in the air that would break apart on landing. I duplicated it so I could clean them up and try again, but as soon as I let my balls go this admin started yelling at me again. I could have tried to explain that 12 moving phys props uses less CPU time than a stationary ragdoll, but anal admins don't like to be corrected.

I went out of sight, made a duplication of my bouncy cluster, then set them all to super icy. Then I made the balls fully transparent (invisible) and duplicated this new version. So I spawned a fuckton of these invisible clusters all over the place and pretty soon the server came to a screeching halt with endlessly bouncing invisible, frictionless balls. As things turned into a slideshow, the admin started teleporting to players to see who was doing something that was causing lag. He started with me, and there I was, innocently playing with my one visible bouncy ball. The server crashed shortly after. :3:

I don't know if that's a good story but I just loving lost it when he teleported to see me bouncing my one ball against a wall, then teleported away oblivious to my hordes of invisible balls all around him.

Some people get like this in blockland.( virtual legos, it's awesome) So what I do is make block that sends a relay to itself. On receiving a relay it spawns a "pong ball" object AND ALSO sends a relay to itself. This causes an infinite loop of physics props and can crash servers easily if the admins don't set the spawned objects per player limit low enough.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

Brick Moses posted:

World of Warcraft

A couple of years ago, World of Warcraft introduced a "Dungeon Finder," designed to simplify and streamline access to the game's many instanced dungeons. Previously, if a player wanted to visit a dungeon such as the Wailing Caverns, he had to find four other players of the right character classes and builds, get every one of them to travel perhaps the world's distance to the entrance to the Wailing Caverns, and then hope that they weren't complete, thieving douchenozzles bent on ruining the dungeon for everybody else.

The Dungeon Finder greatly improves access to dungeons, by grouping five qualified dungeoneers together and teleporting them straight into the entrance to their chosen dungeon once everybody is ready. All you have to do is specify your character as being one of three types (Tanking, Healing, Damaging), specify what dungeons you're interested in, and wait to be matched with fellow players.

The system's still miserably flawed, or at least it was last time I was playing. If your character is only capable of filling a "Damaging" role you're stuck in a very long queue, sometimes waiting for hours before you're finally placed in a group because there aren't enough tanks or healers who want to visit the same dungeon you do. On the other hand, if you're a tank and you have a friend who's a healer, then literally seconds after you click on the dungeon you're interested in, you're matched to a group and the dungeon begins.

The group you're matched to always consists of you, your friend, and three nonessential pubbies whom you've never seen before and will never see again. If one gets enraged and leaves for whatever reason, he is instantly replaced by another pubbie. You see where I'm going with this.

Any time I and a healer friend were bored, we'd just group up, enter the dungeon finder, and get instantly dropped into a dungeon with three pubbies who had been waiting for hours for this chance. These pubbies would then be hostage to whatever the gently caress we wanted to do and/or force them to do. You can extort valuable loot from the pubbies, force them to drink themselves blind before you allow the dungeon to progress, place rules/conditions on their participation in the group, get them killed in a variety of ways, or just hang out at the dungeon entrance and chat. The possibilities are endless, and if both of you somehow get kicked out, you can just enter the Dungeon Finder and do the same thing to another group of pubbies seconds later.

As it should be. I was a paladin tank and my room mate was a shaman healer. We were both very good and knew all the pulls etc. My brother was shaman dps. So the 3 of us were pretty much all we needed, and could out vote anything. The other 2 dps just made things faster at best. On the rare occasions when we got good dps we were glad to treat them nicely. But the second someone isnt pulling their weight, accuses me of not holding aggro, my mate of not healing or whatever. Then we gently caress with them. Our favorite tactics were to just need on everything and let particularly annoying pubbies die by not healing them and letting them pull aggro off my tank.

• Locked thread