Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Warcraft III custom maps. Seriously, try it. If you can't outright kill your teammates, being absolutely loving worthless or cheap is enough to set them on a ten-minute rage bender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

There's another classic griefing video from way back, but I can't remember what game it was from. It was a military FPS where these two grunts get some payback on another player who was being a complete tool.
This'd be BF2. This technique was pretty common for people looking to farm ranks to gain unlocks, so of course you just had to turn it around for instant fun.

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

McSpanky posted:

I believe it's been patched out already.
Six minutes ago:

Crouch and get close to it as possible, then aim about 45 degrees to the left. Just look around for that sweet spot.

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

McSpanky posted:

You have no idea how elated I am to be wrong about this.
Goons ruin everything they touch.

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

These EVE stories are making me nostalgic. I played 2 years ago about this time, during a really fun time in Goonfleet.

Anyone still playing EVE: is it still as good? Is goonfleet as big as ever? Has lag been alleviated at all? I don't want to rejoin just to find nothing interesting left in the game.
Better, bigger, not at all. Pretty dull though, we're mostly killing off lovely alliances like R0ADKILL and SMASH.

Any Australians who want in on flaregunning right now, check into ausgoons chat.

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Style and Flare here. It's like an international collaboration with [TEAM FLARE].

We're on Lotus Clan 2 now.

Flashing Twelve fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 5, 2008

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Pound_Coin posted:

I love SS13 so much.

The only way you could make this better would be to o2 mask and handcuff them, weld them into locker and the fire it into space.
Surreptiously replacing the emergency oxygen tanks (in case of fire, decompression or spacewalk) with anaesthetic. Hand-held tanks can contain insane amounts of gas, enough to keep them unconscious (and unable to respawn) for the rest of the half-hour round.

Or the old classic - toxin researcher (makes bombs), whip up a radio bomb, stick it in a backpack and wear it on your back. Go into a crowded area like the medbay, shout your praise of Allah and detonate.

Goddamn, now I want to play SS13 again :gonk:

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

What the hell is Jihadswarm? Do you just kill people in 0.0 space or some dumb poo poo?

I attempted to click around your site but it didn't tell me a drat thing.
Empire space, where they're supposed to have their expensive but flimsy mining ships protected by CONCORD (think BB bouncers from WoW).

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Not only did this make me want to play Hell (hopefully someone can help me not suck at these games so much), I'm fairly certain I know this guy IRL. It isn't his exact handle, but its very similar, he always does the *nods* poo poo, and he has the EXACT pathetic lifestyle he was attributing to the Goon. He is also really into MUDs.

So, I'm gonna see if he plays Hell. :)

From a while back, but seebach is banned goon Alcohol Kills.

Hellmoo is pretty much the greatest game for rage generation because it's completely free pvp with full item loss. Samples:

quote:

Boy everyone in this game sure turned gay quick.

Some dicksucker named Rhinelander killed me while I was fighting a crackhead and started talking poo poo about it on chatnet, and I guess in defending myself Terminus and Clamenza decided they should side with Rhinelander.

If you guys are reading this you're all faggots.

Edit: I don't understand how me defending myself from some retard bragging about how I'm "easy pickings" after he killed me while wounded turns me into some sort of target. It seems to me like he's the bigger human being for bragging about it on chatnet in the first place.

quote:

4 on Conot (#527419) // Sun Sep 19 17:23:16 2010 CDT
// From: rancidbear

gently caress you, you useless poo poo if you hack the gang cams again ill loving kill you
next time I see you

quote:

Go ahead and implement that as a ragequit. Hellmoo turns everyone into an expert, angry (but he's actually so far above this text game, it's ironic you see) internet jerk. And if you dare to comment on it, god forbid, you're a gigantic human being, you ragequitting human being taking a text game seriously. Anything I say by this point will be mocked somehow so just suck my dick already.

quote:

Min-maxing is the only bloody way to be able to do something at the game without spending several hundred years on it.

SORRY TO HAVE FUN. SORRY TO HAVE FUN. SORRY TO HAVE FUN.

Seriously now. I min/maxed, yes, I HAD FUN DOING IT because I was powerful in a goddamn online game for the first time in my life. Is having fun so loving bad? Well sorry, you stuck-up whiners.
and retarded corp drama walls of text:

quote:

I may as well have been removed from the game for exploiting Notdeadyet's stupidity by having him pay me for a deathsuit beforehand, then not giving it to him.

If anything I'm more of a victim. I don't know if your former corpmates were giving you the whole story of everything, but here's what I can tell you about my personal involvement:

1. I leave GOON, peacefully. I make it clear that I really have no problem with GOON but that if they decide to invoke acts of aggression that I will not just sit around.
2. Acrux is camping EC guy, which was KGB's contract at the time. I kill him. I stuck around and got in over my head. Sanguinaire and CheechLizard showed up, and Acrux was pretty quick to come back too. Sanguinaire attacked me and I pretty much fought him off and killed CheechLizard. Acrux grabbed me and Sanguinaire finished me off. I go back with a clusternuke and blow them all up. Twerp got blown up because I didn't know he was there. Then more people become involved in camping my gear (tehguy, Beta (KREW), Twerp (KREW)). I had a newbie clear out the landmines. I then clusternuked the area again. I had a corpmate try to open my cocoon, but he wasn't able to--what the gently caress? They setup more landmines and camp the cocoon fully. I cut my losses.
3. I tell Acrux/Sang/Cheech that that was really out of line to camp my cocoon and that I'd get revenge.
4. I settle things with CheechLizard, shortly after he leaves GOON.
5. I see Sanguinaire on the streets. I gently caress around with him for a bit. I attack him in Slagtown but he runs to FC. He tries to bait me into the orphanage but I was under the impression Notdeadyet would attack me as well (he was right around there). After going back and forth a bit he pulls an EMP grenade, causing me to auto-attack him. I get the stars. He kills me. I go to prison and come back to get my stuff.
6. Sanguinaire starts hunting me. He tries to kill me a few times, with some success. I never lost anything from this other than XP or money.
7. I kill SammySams for being a bitch, basically. He rerolls all the time and just lives to tell GOON my location so they can try to jump me. If not for me, he wouldn't be in GOON, because he is a non-GOON who is a friend of zench, who I talked into joining GOON after I found that he is in fact a Goon. The admins seem to not understand my reasoning in killing him, without hearing my side of the story, and so I get 6 stars and a teleported C3-50. I kill the C3-50 without realizing a Mcbain was coming too. I book it to chemical plant and get pardoned shortly after.
8. I kill Felicia and get his implant. This has nothing to do with the GOON bullshit, it's more that he whined a shitload and was just asking for it.
9. I challenge Ruby to a stick fight match after hearing a lot of verbal attacks from him. He makes a lot of threats and claims my incompetence beforehand. I destroy him. He claims that I wouldn't win without using grabs. I laugh it off. My first shot did 40% of his health. I'm the best spears user in the world, so whether he likes it or not he had no chance.
10. Ruby is apparently really pissy and so he bombs me in AP. Acrux is with him. They clearly want my poo poo. Unfortunately for them, I survive the bombing. I ran out and saw the two of them running back to Corpclave. I just let that go.
11. Sanguinaire attacks me in front of the Helliday. I end up killing him. I take his implants.
12. Situation with Nigredo. I found it fishy but I didn't think there was much reason for concern. I also thought that I would be able to close the door in time. I was wrong. So I get killed again for no apparent reason. Fake lets Sanguinaire in on accident and we both get killed and our implants taken away.
13. I kill Acrux in Slagtown. I didn't go out of my way--Acrux just happened to show up on track at the same time I was in Slagtown. I wasn't looking for him, but this is at least part of the revenge I promised, despite getting nothing more than a rare head (TheGrinch is a temporary name).
14. Nigredo kills me again in FC unprovoked.

Also, sometime after DRS became more formidable, Acrux also tried to shoot at me with the Lynndie. Acrux at one point made disparaging remarks on chatnet about me.

The point is that I'm hardly "messing with GOON." It's more the other way around.

EDIT: Between 3 and 4, Acrux contracted Miku to pick my lock so that he could rob me. He brought along many people including Notdeadyet, SammySams, tehguy, Granger, and Sanguinaire. I just logged off after I noticed the angry mob so my door was barred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

I used to play lots of "epic strategy" style WC3 maps (like Azeroth Wars), which were basically 12 player RTSes with huge armies, lots of hero units and triggered events and usually based around some WC3 campaign storyline. They were actually a lot of fun but incredibly easy to grief.

Most of these maps were balanced around each faction having one or two natural enemies that kept them in check, and some trigger events based on lore that would help you get the upper hand. These maps were frequently very poorly balanced. The absolute worst sin in these games was allying with other players, officially or unofficially. Doing so would generally completely break the game: a Naga player who allied with the Night Elves could pretty much instantly get a souped-up Illidan, help the Night Elves wipe all other factions off the continent, then grab the Skull of Gul'dan in the centre of the map to turn him into a literally unkillable monster. You could eliminate an entire player from the game like he was nothing if you play like this - half an hour spent building up his armies and expanding and your super powered armies rip through everything he has. People would get furious.

"Hero targeting" was also considered against the code of conduct. Heroes dying usually triggered some event that was rarely good (one map had you instantly lose if your king died). Their skills were invaluable in turning the tide of combat but they usually had WC3 default health totals, which is absolutely gently caress all when 50 archers shoot over the enemy lines and kill him in about two seconds flat. People considered it "bullshit" if you actually used your army to kill the most important element of his army, and surrounding his to prevent escape was also "bullshit exploits". If you knew the map you could cause an infinite amount of rage - bumrush a hero that's outside of city walls at the very start that triggers an event that destroys his biggest city, for example.

Actually just rushing at all was considered immoral. If you had the balls and the map knowledge a lot of times you could doom a player to irrelevance by quickly shoving all your early game forces down their throat and destroying the irreplaceable buildings that produced units.

• Locked thread