Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
A bunch of griefs by Shawn Elliott of GFW. He is the king.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_UZ1jSXaF-Y
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6qJ2e_ED56U
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXuitQ_nY-E

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I joined a random server this morning. To see if this actually worked.

(Click for big)

(It is my birthday today!)

I started to notice someone talking about decoration and then realized there was someone else doing it to. I asked him the question and he turned out to be a goon. :iamafag: (Sup, art.)

And then this happened.

Note: Even on the lowest setting this brings my 8800gt superclock to it's knees.

Edit: If you want to join up add "Pieces of flair"

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 5, 2008

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
It was fun. I got to hang out with a bunch of ausigoons today on tf2. Hopefully someone will compile a video out of it.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

TwingeCrag posted:

If you guys decide to make Team Flare a griefing group count me in.

Yes, i'm in.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

belt posted:

To be honest I would do the same thing.

My reply most of the time is "Aww, gently caress!".

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I agree with the people saying that the flare bug is more of a douchebag move than some clever griefing. The best videos I have from Team Flare are my interactions with random pubbies asking me how to do the glitch and me giving them the run around.

Edit: Also, I would like to hear more mud stories. Post them if you have any.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I used to play CS:S and only played on a 24/7 Office map. People got to know me there as a decent player who always liked talking while playing. I get bored of games pretty fast...

I am the same way. I've been playing counter strike for god knows how long. After a while you have to find new ways to entertain yourself. So, after a few mintues of playing, I start talking in my slobbering nerd voice and start talking about random poo poo like mtg or pokemon cards. Thank god for voice chat or I would have been done with CS long ago.

Edit: The last CS grief i've been a part of was with two other people with names like ">(:3)" randomly meowing. I wish I had fraps up and running at the time. Now I keep that poo poo loaded up and hotkeyed.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 7, 2008

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

m2pt5 posted:

You can change your name in-game with setinfo name <name>. It doesn't persist between servers, though.

Or poo poo+tab in game and change your steam friends name.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I read a grief from earlier in this thread about "Crouching With Nade" in Counterstrike: Source and decided to give it a shot. The first few servers didn't amount to much. Just some random stares and "wtf"s. Then on one server the other team saw me crouch-walking around with a grenade cooking and not shooting. I told them that I was a Combat Medic and that killing me would be a war crime. That got a few laughs and they made a truce with me not to kill me. So for the rest of the map's rounds I had free reign on the map crouch walking around.

After a while it got boring so I changed my name to "Journalist" and started narrating the match all of which not firing a single bullet. After a few rounds of that I became bored again and started peeking around corners and watching for my teammates so that I could announce it to the opposing team. This of course pissed my team off something awful. Apparently when you are crouched you can become stuck if someone crouch-throws a smoke grenade at your feet. So I had about three people from my team following me around the server gluing my rear end to the floor. Fun times were had.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 9, 2008

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sonny_Crockett posted:

I used to play on a MUD, actually a MOO, with a cyberpunk theme. The MOO had the usual division between PKers and RPers, and a lot of griefing of the latter by the former. The best griefing I ever saw on there took place as a result of a wedding staged by the RPers. This seems to be a running theme in online multiplayer games.

Players could create any kind of nonfunctional item out of a basic 'cloth' object, you'd customize the details of the object for when other people looked at it, or set emotes that could be triggered by it, but no actual code was allowed. So you couldn't create a working gun, but you could create one that when you pulled the trigger, everyone in the room would see a flag come out and go 'bang', etc. One of the roleplayers had created a baby for herself, built out of the generic cloth object. She was getting married to her in-game 'baby daddy'. The wedding was crashed by a PK street gang, and they slaughtered the wedding party. The good bit is; they stole the bride's baby and put it in a vending machine on the main drag, priced at something approaching the sum total of all the money in the economy. So every time the RPer's logged in, they pretty much had to walk past their own child staring out at them from a vending machine.

Ahahah, more of these please.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
One of my 40 something coworkers came in this morning complaining about his online experience with Guitar Hero or Rock Band. He told us that he and his daughter were playing online with two other random people. Apparently they were playing really well and racked up more points than he has ever seen. Then, at his most glorious moment, the two online players his the buttons on their controllers that make them instantly lose. I really think he let it get to him because after he told us the story he went on about how he would like to get revenge. "If I knew how I would send those assholes a virus...". I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

Another 40 something coworker of mine plays Halo 3 with his two kids online. Being a gamer he knew I could answer his question. He asked "What are they doing when they stand over your dead body and squat a whole bunch?". "We call that tea bagging.". "What's tea bagging?". "It's when you dip your nuts in someone's mouth.". :iamafag:

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 10, 2008

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Stoat posted:

So how do we find and join the SA goons on Second Life? Is there a place to go?

Read the thread. You would have found out that SA members hang out in a place called "what". Which you should be able to find using the search option in SL.

Edit: We should drop this poo poo about using hacks to grief. Right now there are several people in Team Flare who do nothing but mic spam. It's not funny or interesting. Cut that poo poo out.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 10, 2008

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Spiffo posted:

That wasn't really in a game or having anything to do with games, and I've seen threads completely derailed by that story so hopefully we can keep game-griefing stories going and quickly move past that 4chan prank.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Try edit->search. Then allow adult searching and look for w-hat. You'll know you've found it by looking at the description.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm compressing all of the videos I recorded of the spider raids. I might edit them if you guys don't mind waiting a bit longer.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

MrDutch posted:

Great man, can you post it to youtube when your done? Love to see the movie, i need to get fraps too, but with alot of people SL lags like hell, i have a good PC but the client is just crap, in the orgy room i almost crashed twice.

Anyway spider infestation was fun, sucks that ill be away for a week though :-(

I was Rodimus Parx. Everything is compressed. I've got about 6 videos that I am in the middle of trimming down and segmenting. I also have several videos from [Team Flare]'s shenanigans along with a few of my own. Windows movie maker is :smith:.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 13, 2008

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Necc0 posted:

tl;dr: me and some friends make $400 by being dicks

This is an amazing story.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Code Jockey posted:

Good to know. :D

I can't wait to get yelled at by 10 year olds with aussie accents.

I got to hang out with the aussie goons when the flare griefing was going on. Bunch of good guys.

Someone should post up some more mud stories. The creativity and ingenuity put in to them make them the best stories.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Uh, what exactly is this DoTA? Is it a new game that just came out?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

I lost my last CS:S clan to that loving game/map. :smith:

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Xacto Wife posted:

^^^ I hate you so much

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

Get out of my head! :byodood:

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
While doing a Let's Play with joats on isketch we had a guest from Russia joined the game. I came up with the idea of drawing stuff related to the invasion of Georgia by Russia. He took it well I think.

http://www.vimeo.com/1750130

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Stumiester posted:

What version of isketch were you playing in that video?

Whoops, yeah that is some random rip off site.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Let me tell you about the time I griefed a thread.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Enjoy Everything posted:

Doing this right the hell now.

Was alright for a glitch. The flare glitch was 100x more fun. It's hard enough to get the intelligence so if you pull this off you deserve it.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shumagorath posted:

I love how the sniper is totally oblivious. gently caress 2fort.

I had about the entire team following me around. After a while i started to gently caress with the snipers by moving back and forth in front of them.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Someone post up some more of those awesome Everquest or mud stories.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Requesting more UO and MUD stories. The creativity in those stories make this thread for me.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Eve ponzi scheme nets a $50k in isk (in game money).

quote:

"EVE Online is famous for its stories of theft, underhanded dealings, criminal empires and general unscrupulous play. For EVE players, this is generally an accepted part of the game and part of the risk players run. The type of scheme might be old, but the profits were big in the latest EVE Online scam, which has broken records and is now being called the biggest scam in the game's history."

http://www.phaserinc.com/index1.html

1 trillion isk beating the last scam of 700 billion.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I've been following team aVo for a long time now and this has to be one of the best minecraft hacks I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3IUONiBd5E

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Cross posting this from the elevator garry's mod mod. There's a shared youtube tv at the end of the map where you can pick a youtube video for everyone to watch.

So I loaded up skeetfighter:

I don't know if I'll ever be able to top that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Nice new item spoof trick in Diablo 3 if anyone wants to try it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uovpp/accidentally_discovered_item_chat_link_code/

Anything with more than three sockets will crash anyone who clicks it.

• Locked thread