Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Diogines posted:

I'll do you one better. At one point the main spawn point for the starts of the game only had a handful of exits. Myself and collaborators created multiple accounts and each ran multiple copies of the game, we completley blocked the entrance to the actual game from the spawn points. This was on the weekend and it seems there were no GMs about, we did not get booted and banned till monday afternoon.
I don't remember if it was before or after this, but when I played ToonTown, if you walked into someone, you would bump them slightly backwards. For some reason, it was fairly common for people to go AFK in the main hubs leading to combat areas rather than log off somewhere safe, which of course meant that people were constantly bumping people toward the combat areas, which would trigger an area change whether you were there or not, where they were eventually killed by a wandering cog.

I don't think the consequences of dying were that bad, but it was pretty funny how prevalent it became for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread