Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
In BF1942 I was adept at ramming a ship into enemy ships, it would flip them but they would never be destroyed, couldn't move or fire, and were a bitch to re-flip. One time I used a small cruiser to push a jap aircraft carrier into the shallow water, right in front of allied flak guns.

But I guess that doesn't count so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
Oh god, I just remembered something.

Remember Habbo Hotel? When I was like, 13 or so, me and my friend thought up this brilliant idea. We'd create temporary accounts, offer people codes, which gave them credits, in exchange for objects, furniture and stuff. They were fake codes, and the objects were promptly traded to our actual account, and never signed on again with the scamming account.

How people fell for it is beyond me, nobody ever questioned why we didn't just use the codes.

I'm actually a bit embarrassed by it.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Battlefield 2 was a buggy piece of poo poo that somehow managed to always provide a few laughs.

If I reinstall BF2 and do all of those things then I'm blaming you.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

Waffleimages wouldn't let me upload a PNG.

And you can't tell, but I had at least 4 people screaming at me.

Someone actually gave me 1000 credits.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
So what are some free MMOs with some easy griefing? Is UO or Second Life free?

And this:

You can't really tell, but there's a buggy behind the harvester, the harvester can't move backwards and can't complete the action of emptying, it was stuck there for at least 10 minutes, then I was banned.

Serious Michael fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 6, 2008

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
More griefing in Renegade, this time I was able to trap at least 3 engineers in the barracks while NOD destroyed the rest of our base, when they reached me it was a bit too late for the engineers to do much of anything.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
Anyone up for some griefing in CS:S this weekend?

Hit me up on AIM, Serious Michael.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
Zazamoot contacted me about this, anyone wanna pull a Die Hard 2?

It's in CS:S where you stage a firefight, and miss, to keep it going as long as possible. I call it a Die Hard 2 'cause of the scene where the terrorists and soldiers (actually working for terrorists) stage a firefight using blanks to fool the good guys.

Anyone in?

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
I'd like to join the Operation Duck some night.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

chairface posted:

(the guy earlier blocking exits with a Humvee is not funny)

Plenty of jerks think it's hilarious to drive off in vehicles someone else on their team bought (it's not.)

Griefing is generally done to piss people off.

Helping your team is NOT griefing.

Pissing off your team is griefing.

Go make a thread:

I Healed British - The Being A Team Player and Showing Good Sportsmanship Discussion Thread.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
Me and Zazamoot tried, to no avail, for about two hours to grief CS:S.

First we tried waiting 'till everyone died and putting on a long, drawn out shoot out, but neither of us could survive long enough.

We tried changing maps, didn't have permission.

We tried blocking doors, not enough coordination.

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.

Meil posted:

Creative griefing takes a while to get just right. Keep trying and before you know it you'll have the whole server up in arms.

I did end up crashing a few highly populated servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
I discovered a trick in BF1942 (probably transferable to Vietnam, 2, 2142, etc), that I'm sure has been discovered before but it wasn't mentioned here.

You play as whoever has the explosives, get in an aircraft, get as high as you can, paradrop out, drop ordinance, watch as people mindfucked by falling expacks. It sounds crazy but it's really easy easy on large groups and light armor, and doesn't make the noise a bomb does, and you can see where you're dropping it. And I did get a few "wtf?"s, mostly from my team though.

Can Goons figure out how to exploit it into a grief?

• Locked thread