Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
In the early days of WoW, there were many bugs and exploits to work with. Rogues nowadays can only backstab and ambush with dinky little knives, but it used to be with a little macro help you could smash spines with anything you could hold in your hand. Combined with un-normalized weapon speeds you could easier one shot most everything with Dal'rends(The height of fashion at the time).

Later on, when The Gurubashi treasure drop was implemented, I found my new favorite pastime, "Defend the Chest" Everyone wanted the precious loot that lay dormant within the chest, so naturally I did everything I possibly could to keep anyone from opening the mystery chest. Several times the chest would simply despawn on it's own or the event would start over again and force a new chest every 3 hours. I eventually became known as "That douchebag from the arena." Which I must admit is a nice change from "That loser from the forums."

When Zul'Gurub was introduced, it was(is?) incredibly easy to get around the walls of the instance and end up in the actual non-troll infested ZG. There was one particular corner right on the other side of the portal which the unusual property of being completely inescapable, as in would continually give you the error message, "You are Falling" or something whenever you tried to use the auto-unstuck or hearthstone features. Summoning people to this spot never got old, especially farmers who didn't have the necessary language abilities to contact a GM without getting hit with a ban.

Before diminishing returns were introduced, each subsequent use of an ability lasted the full duration regardless of how many times it had been applied. At this time, many spells and abilities would affect players just as much as a mob, e.g. Sheep and Sap lasted the full 45 seconds every time. When working in teams rogues could easily eliminate groups triple there size with ease or just keep another player from doing anything ever, as sap was rarely resisted then as well.

As a hunter, you could use the mind control cap, followed by Eyes of the beast to directly control your new pet and proceced to waste his cooldowns/items/walk him out of the battlegrounds/get aggro.

In Ultima I did all the usual looting and such. One of my personal favorites was building a house over the wondering healers, thus making it a much longer run for anyone who died in my area. This was followed closely by selling people their own stuff back. Although I must admit, I was not so nice with discounts.

I often roll healing classes without even the slightest intention of healing anything.

I know there are much more, but it is late for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Oddly enough, nothing gets the rage flowing better over Live than talking like an English gentleman from the 1700s.

• Locked thread