Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Oh man the bit with the scouts in the second half was priceless...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Can you summarize or do I have to wade through the thread about that awful game?

Edit: Nevermind, it's all over the last four pages.

Pretty much the anti-cheating system is about as useful a clown suit in a fox hunt. Combined with no way real way of controlling where or who you play with and you wind up getting cheated over and over while your levels/stats hosed with by a hack-using host even if you yourself play legit.

The official response from Activision on the situation has been something along the lines of a vague "I dunno" shrug before running back to swim in their Scrooge McDuck style gold piles. So yeah people are a little upset.

A shame too because it actually is a fun game without the cheating bullshit.

Calihan fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 25, 2010

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Sanctum posted:

Co-op games like L4D2 practically require griefing because of the massive jerks that you inevitably end up playing with.

I'm not talking about other griefers, just people that are dicks. Like a guy who accidentally incapped me while I was swarmed but standing perfectly still, only to come over after the horde settled down to grab my medkit before a teammate could defib me. I could let taking my medkit slide if he hadn't just killed me then used that opportunity to grab my medkit. Teamkilling just isn't my style so I spent the rest of the campaign right next to this guy, covering his side by shooting at walls then backing up behind him so the zombies hit him instead of me.

Oh you thought I was shooting the zombies? Haha, no. :toot:

Then there's those realism games where I'm the only player shooting special infected off of teammates. God help me if I get jumped, because my teammates probably wont. Sometimes the only players with medkits get prissy and wont heal me with their medkit when I tell them I'm black and white after that last smoker incapped me. "Use your pills" they say, but I wont unless I see more pills; from then on I have a mission. If I manage to finish the level while near-death I'll pop my pills, throw a molotov right in front of the saferoom, run through the fire, then further demonstrate my ability to waste medkits by using every medkit in the saferoom.

Teamwork is fun but loving over greedy teammates is also fun.

The classy way to grief assholes in L4D has always been the "Play nice till the very end, jump on the rescue boat first then empty your shotgun in to their face when they are six feet from making it." Molotov cocktails on the dock/in front of the rescue vehicle also work wonders for multi-kill griefing.

Killing them mere feet from victory seems to always be the sweetest revenge not to mention the most nerd-rage inducing.

• Locked thread