Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I had a pretty interesting Eve scam I ran on this guy. I was in the starter NPC corp after being rejected into Goon and I was watching all these dipshits talk about whatever. This one guy was ranting about how you should be able to use bots to mine blah blah blah. As many of you know there aren't many rules in Eve, two of the big ones though are that you can't IRL threaten someone and you can't use bots to mine. So a few hours later I send this guy a mail about how I share his thoughts on macromining and could help him out by selling him a bot. So I arrange for him to give me 50mil up front and 50mil afterwards. He sends me 50mil and I give him a megaupload link to some bullshit rar'd file. I think at that point that's it but about a week later he starts sending me mails telling me he can't get it to work. So I decide to press the issue a bit and give him a link to a forum where some lovely public bot is available. We convo back and forth for a few weeks and he keeps complaining that he can't get it to work. So finally I bring up the mention that he still owes me 50mil. He starts getting pissed off so I push his buttons a bit and threaten "further action" to receive the ISK he owes me. This makes him go bat-poo poo and he spouts off a bunch of poo poo like I don't know who the gently caress he is, generic e-tough guy threats. So I push a few more buttons eventually getting him to threaten to "drive to where I live and kick my rear end". So then I bring up the fact that his account will be banned (it was a 2004 character) and tell him if he doesn't pay me the 50mil he owes me, plus another 100mil for hush money, I would petition him for threatening me. He finally pays me after a few more weeks but I petitioned him anyways. I don't know if he got banned but he hasn't logged on in a long time.

:byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Furril posted:

:words:

I used to do a similar one with Rangers, back before they nerfed spirits. Before the nerf you could cast as many spirits as you wanted to and the buffs stacked, they changed it to where there could only be 1 of each type on the map. You'd get 4 rangers and spam the poo poo out of spirits until everyone had so much health and regen you had no choice but to just stand there and /dance.

Robert Analog fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 4, 2008

• Locked thread