Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
In Battlefield Vietnam, there was this map where the US spawned on an island and had to get over to the NVA-controlled mainland. On the island there was a air traffic control tower which controlled the spawning of the aircraft. If it were destroyed, the US had no more planes, no helicopters, no nothing. The only way to get off the island other than the helicopters and planes was a dinky little raft which was basically a sitting duck for the Vietnamese. So, of course, I spawned as an engineer and started mortaring the poo poo out of the tower. Within a minute or two it was in ruins. The perplexed members of my team started milling around the airstrip, waiting for planes that would never come. Then, the Vietnamese bombs started falling. Stripped of our aircraft, my team was defenseless against the utter rape that took place over the next 10 minutes, and it was all my fault. Oh my god it was hilarious.

In BF2: filling up a black hawk with teammates and then flying it off the map so they all died for going out of bounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Funso Banjo posted:

I make do with EVE, where ore theft is not particularly profitable but gets you amazing tells as a reward.

Stealing ore is hilarious. Originally, the miners had no recourse at all, and just had to sit there like patsies while you stole it again and again. Eventually, CCP changed it so that when you stole it, the miners could legally attack you for 10 minutes after you stole their poo poo. Pretty soon miners were all bristling with guns and drones. Sounds like the end of that easy ride, right?

Well, I took my ore-stealing hauler (usually considered free kills, haulers are flimsy, slow, flying deathtraps whose only redeeming feature is the large amount of ore they can fit) and put the godliest tank possible on it. I'm talking dual T2 small reps, hardeners out the rear end. A cap injector, two webs, and a warp scrambler. I then put whatever advanced weaponry would fit to finish it off.

I would steal the ore of dipshit high-sec miners who probably chuckled to themselves at my idiocy, getting a boner at the idea of finally killing one of the ore stealing bastards who had been tormenting them for the past 6 months. They warp scrambled me and sent out their drones. The drones went down in a few seconds, then I turned my guns on the incredulous miners. There was no escape. Not only did I steal their ore, I destroyed their multi-million credit mining barge and took a poo poo on their pride. Then I looted the strip mining lasers from the wrecks and sold it back to the poor bastards.

EVE Online: A Family Game.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Pointsman posted:

Another great bit of Eve griefing

This is what got me, and I'm sure many others, into the game in the first place. Few games allow this level straight-up evil :hehe:

The best part is that when they betrayed and killed the CEO, he was in a priceless, one-of-a-kind ship. That's a pretty big gently caress you.

But that's not all... they killed him with another priceless, one-of-a-kind ship. That is style.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

I'm not exaggerating when I say that that was the funniest thing I've ever seen

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

ShawnWilkesBooth posted:

You know, you can't have "pubbies" in an MMO. There's no equivalent to CAL.

"pubbie" means "not a goon"

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

100%BEEF posted:

Adter reading all the great creative ways to grief people, a group of people crashing tf2 servers by spamming the flare gun exploit sounds really loving pathetic.

Can't you see the difference between creative griefing and just being a lowest common denominator dickhead? Where is your pride?

Actually it sounds pretty hilarious.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Necc0 posted:

Maybe someone can fill me in on more details, but I recall a hack that someone in myg0t created for counter-strike source that wiped out half the servers.

I do remember if you named yourself "%n" and you got killed it would crash the server, but that was a long time ago.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

ATM Machine posted:

After realising that you can become unmutable quite easily in cs:s, we proceeded to spam music, which really isn't much better than the flare bug, still got decent results.

Oh, that's the game, huh?

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

PeenCommander posted:

how much did you pay to be an assclown

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

You are the biggest tool alive.

You're in the wrong thread.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Exactly. You can post pictures of "pubbie tears" and talk about how they cried far into the night, but the lame and boring cheats and exploits you used are just that; lame and boring. Aimbots just happen to be the lamest and most boring of them all. Paying for someone to essentially grief for you is pushing things straight into toolbox territory.

Who cares how lame and boring it is? If you're griefing, the goal is to piss people off. Cheats work a peach - in fact, so well that you're seeing it extend into this very thread!

Besides that, cheating can be a great tool in assisting actual, creative griefing. For example, a while ago when I was playing CS 1.6, a guy with an aimbot and speed hack teamkilled me and the rest of the team by stabbing us in the face within the first half a second of the round, and then zoomed around the map at a ridiculous speed, untouchable, until the 5 minute timer ran out. That's pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

In fact, I'm griefing you in this very thread!
:rolleyes:
Who claimed to be "griefing" anybody? I'm just pointing out that a lot of people in this thread seem to get very angry about cheating on internet games :)

• Locked thread